Cowboys' "Alternate" Wordmark

rebelx

I noticed some time ago that the Cowboys' current navy jersey has a wordmark that's in a different font from the one that the team's main wordmark logo uses. If I'm correct, this mark also used to be on the white jersey, and then was taken off for reasons I can't fathom (what the hell is it with the Cowboys and trying to keep their two jerseys so disparate from one another?). How come that other wordmark isn't on the site, and does anyone know where it can be found, exactly? Also wondering why it's used on the jersey when it isn't even the team's official wordmark.

Here ya go:

DallasAwayWordmark.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Here's the version currently being used on the dark uniforms:

Metallic version:

DallasCowboys_UWM1a_2002-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Flat, non-metallic version:

DallasCowboys_UWM1b_2002-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

And on the home uniforms, they used this - Royal Blue with Silver-Green - between 1996 and 1998:

Metallic version:

DallasCowboys_UWM1a_1997-1998_SCC_SRGB.png

DallasCowboys_UWM1b_1997-1998_SCC_SRGB.png

Hey CW and Tornado, thanks for the logos; much appreciated. Now I can tinker with them in Photoshop and such ^_^.

Shouldn't Chris post these to the main site at some point? They are official, after all.

Honestly, it would be interesting if the Cowboys actually switched to these as their regular wordmarks. They look pretty cool (at least I think so), and the font on their normal wordmarks looks too much like the one the Bills use (they're technically the same, just with different heaviness of characters. Sure, their official marks look more Western, but the 49ers abandoned their old school font and went with the one that matches the helmet logo, and I got used to their new mark pretty quick.

Metallic version:

And on the home uniforms, they used this - Royal Blue with Silver-Green - between 1996 and 1998:

Metallic version:

Are those actually an official Cowboys wordmark? If so, it's just about as jacked up as the rest of their identity is. At the least, someone could afford to fix those mitre points.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Are those actually an official Cowboys wordmark? If so, it's just about as jacked up as the rest of their identity is. At the least, someone could afford to fix those mitre points.

Yeah - they're all official. And yes, they're not exactly perfect are they?

Metallic version:

Metallic version:

It's crazy how they not only have all of these different shades of blues & silvers, but list them all as official colors. The Cowboys identity irks me, mainly because it could be fixed so easily!

It's crazy how they not only have all of these different shades of blues & silvers, but list them all as official colors. The Cowboys identity irks me, mainly because it could be fixed so easily!

i do love the Cowboys but their entire identity gives designers nightmares

I've posted the myriad of Cowboys colors many times before, but I thought I'd post a breakdown of the colors used - both in their home White uniforms, and what is used in the dark unis:

DallasCowboys_LUC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

DallasCowboys_DUC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Gives you an even better idea as to how messed up this all is...

Metallic version:

Metallic version:

Interesting. It is my understanding that that wordmark was a Nike design, when Nike and the Cowboys had the partnership and it showed up under the collar, I always thought it was the straightened version of the arc wordmark Nike used on apparel. (Best seen here, I guess: http://cgi.ebay.com/VTG-Dallas-Cowboys-Football-Sweater-XL-Nike-Retro-NFL-/250796534874?pt=US_CSA_MC_Shirts&hash=item3a64a36c5a#ht_563wt_905)

Is that true, or was the wordmark under the star on the collar of the double-star jerseys from when Apex still made the unis similar? My eyes are straining trying to find it on photos online.

spikes.jpg

I believe the Apex double-star jerseys had both a star and a wordmark under the collar. And I believe that wordmark is the traditional one.

However, I have a Wilson authentic home from 1996 that has this alt wordmark (and a replica Reebok blue) but I never thought to look if they rendered them in different colors like everything else. I'm going to have to dig those out. I think it is a Nike wordmark, though, as I have a cap with that in just white on the back.

And I agree that this just adds to their mess of an identity. It was impossible to order stuff and have it match back in the day. I just hope they don't go Chargers or Bills and try to merge all their colors on all their uniforms in some way when they finally do update.

Metallic version:

Metallic version:

Interesting. It is my understanding that that wordmark was a Nike design, when Nike and the Cowboys had the partnership and it showed up under the collar, I always thought it was the straightened version of the arc wordmark Nike used on apparel. (Best seen here, I guess: http://cgi.ebay.com/...5a#ht_563wt_905)

Is that true, or was the wordmark under the star on the collar of the double-star jerseys from when Apex still made the unis similar? My eyes are straining trying to find it on photos online.

I believe the Apex double-star jerseys had both a star and a wordmark under the collar. And I believe that wordmark is the traditional one.

However, I have a Wilson authentic home from 1996 that has this alt wordmark (and a replica Reebok blue) but I never thought to look if they rendered them in different colors like everything else. I'm going to have to dig those out. I think it is a Nike wordmark, though, as I have a cap with that in just white on the back.

And I agree that this just adds to their mess of an identity. It was impossible to order stuff and have it match back in the day. I just hope they don't go Chargers or Bills and try to merge all their colors on all their uniforms in some way when they finally do update.

Yeah, the double-star jerseys had the Star plus the traditional wordmark. I've got an actual printed Style Guide sheet for those uniforms.

The 1995 road jerseys by Ripon had the correct wordmark.

pan415.jpg

Archived