Philadelphia Eagles Concept

TFoA

The presence of black in the eagle head logo and its absence from the helmet wing and rest of the uniform kind of seems off me. Not sure if you wanted to avoid use of black but maybe you could use some elsewhere in the uniforms (especially the helmet logo). It's just the rendering of the eagle logo having black as the main background color and the wing on the helmet (which you assume belongs to the same eagle as used in the head logo) having none which makes it seem off to me.

Yeah, originally I had a double outline on the numbers & pants stripes, but I didn't think it looked as good. That is a good point considering that I was sorta thinking the same thing, but decided to focus on green, silver, & white in the unis.

i keep getting this message....

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

oh and about that last logo from conrad, i think it needs maybe a thin black outline throughout....

The point is to remove black from the logo so it the uniforms can be strictly green and gray. As for your posting problem, make 5 posts in other people's threads then you can start your own topics. If you have an image of a concept you want to post, upload it to photobucket.com or some other image hosting website, copy the img code, and paste in the text box.

cool thanks. and...i know the point was to remove black, but in that primary i think it could use the black outline. you can have black in your primary logo without it being an official team color (i.e. chiefs and niners). i think the green and silver just need to be broken up a little...

Great job on the new logo....that looks way better

Agreed. Gonna work it into the concept next time I feel like working, which isn't right now. I'm beat. :P

Thanks Conrad!

I think the silver / white blend in together on the uniforms, and stops there from being much contrast. So I'm definitly not sold on the color choice. Whether it's replacing silver with black, or darkening the silver, or darkening the green, something has to change. The current colors don't feel vibrant, they just feel washed out.

Also, I don't know that simplifying the uniforms that much is a great idea. Team's with really compelling helmet designs can usually get away with plainer uniforms, but its just hard to look at "colored jersey, white lettering, medium secondary color stroke, logo on sleeves" and think it's inspired. Now I do like the bird head logo on the sleeves (I think using that logo on their jerseys is imperative to their branding effort) but even with the basic "white pants, secondary stripe, primary stripe, secondary stripe," it just feels so bland right now.

I love simple design. I think the biggest problem most all modern brand design (sports or otherwise) is that inability to simplify things in a post-Web 2.0 world (its always better when the top half of an image is glossy ;)). On these though, it might just be the washed out colors, but the whole set just feels sort of drab. I'd try playing with some different color variations and maybe try and work a more original striping pattern into the pants or just play around with design uniform design ideas in general.

The Eagles could certainly be redesigned without black, but they'd have to be redesigned. That helmet, those numbers, and that logo, simply look washed out without black trim. Every part of the uniform was designed with the assumption that black would be featured - it can't just be removed. I'd go much more traditional if I was going to get rid of black. Another thing - logos / designs without color work best when every part of the design is solid. For example, the pre '96 helmet wings. Solid silver wing, solid white outline. Solid white bird logo with black outline. The combination of white and silver interacting on the wings really doesn't work without black. Nor does this logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived