Padres...

nickb

this is my first concept, if it qualifies as a concept. just changed the colors to brown and yellow like their unis in the past, and added the swinging friar in the crest. i used paint to do this, but would like some feedback and maybe even a few pointers. maybe someone could recommend a program i can download.

thanks.

padres2.jpg

For starters, try GIMP 2.0. It's freeware, and you can learn essentials with raster images (similar to Photoshop). If you're satisfied with that, head for vectors and Inkscape-- steeper learning curve, but much better looking graphics.

As for the "concept", or recolor, I wish they would go back to this scheme. It's unique.

Hey welcome aboard. I'm a little new myself so I would be happy to share some tips. The first major thing you want to take care of is quality. It personally doesn't matter to me but it might matter to someone else. I can tell your using MS Paint which is what I use. So for better quality MS Paint images:

-Save your document in .PNG for MS Paint. It's very easy but even I had a little trouble finding how to do it. When your saving and entering a file name to save your document as, go down a spot to where it says "save as type". Click on it and a list of file types will come up. Choose PNG.

-Also use vector magic and inkscape for logos and such.

-Always try your best. There are a lot of good people on here that will appreciate hard work and give you honest criticism that will help your presentation. Never get offended by someones remarks. I know it will be hard to hear sometimes but it's all about getting better and learning.

As far as your concept goes, IMO it's great especially for your first concept. It's exactly what their logo should look like if they return to brown and yellow.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I really like that idea, Nick......for some reason, even as logo savy as I am, I would have never thought of that in as million years......and yet, it is so simple. The only change I would have made was making the friar a little bigger and rotating him to the right a little, where the bat wouldn't be blocking the script.

padres2.png

Other than that, I love this...and I might even make a uniform concept using this idea, if you don't mind, because I really like this.

I know you didn't do this, but another tip is never blame poor image quality, etc. on Paint. If someone tells you "This could be cleaner" or some such thing, don't say "oh it's because I used Paint." Guys here will be up your ass and down your throat in seconds for pulling that card.

Just a heads-up seeing that you're a Paint user.

Great concept btw. I love it!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Not a bad recolor, though you might want to post your uniforms soon to go along with this concept, so people don't think this is just going to be another recolor thread. I'm curious to see whether you try to simply recolor their current uniforms, or try to take them in a more retro direction, even with their current logo.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived