Ducks and Angels

gyoung08

This is my first attempt at using GIMP and want to expand on this and hopefully do a jersey concept, but I need some tips and pointers as to how to make these betters. The Ducks logo with Angels color scheme.

Anaheim_Ducks7.png

The Angels logo with the Ducks color scheme.

AnaheimAngels1.png

I know these are rough but I am hoping that I can get some advice as to how to make it look much cleaner. C&C are much appreciated.

gyoung8.png

This is my first attempt at using GIMP and want to expand on this and hopefully do a jersey concept, but I need some tips and pointers as to how to make these betters. The Ducks logo with Angels color scheme.

Anaheim_Ducks7.png

The Angels logo with the Ducks color scheme.

AnaheimAngels1.png

I know these are rough but I am hoping that I can get some advice as to how to make it look much cleaner. C&C are much appreciated.

The Ducks logo look ok.

As for the Angels just reversed the color and it'll be good.

As I was working with it, the biggest problem I had and couldn't fix was the original color showing through. Any tips on how to prevent that from happening?

They actually look pretty good, but I think what you're talking about is the outline on the Ducks and the Center shadow/line on the Angels of the originals colors bleeding through, yes?

There's a few ways to fix this. With Gimp use the fuzzy select tool and click the outline (on the Ducks logo), the darker gold portion of the 3D A (on the Angels logo) and then go to edit-grow and select "1" and then fill color to the color you want and it should fill what you need, if you need more, then repeat the edit-grow doing it the "1" at a time. May mess a up a few lines, but it depends on the logo.

The other option I use is inkscape and paths-trace bitmap, but it's a little more time consuming and depending on the logo can take some tweaking to get the outlines and color sections you want.

I took the logos you did and for the Ducks I did the Inkscape option and for the Angels I did the Gimp-edit-grow selection option. This way you can have a visual. I did remove the outter red outline for the Ducks D and I made the the gold A two more contrasted shades of gold to give it a bit more depth.

ducks7b.png

ana5n.png

Neither of these options are perfect, but they're an improvement. There are probably other ways that people use in PS and Paint, etc. But these are the options I use most.

Props for using the "ANAHEIM" Angels logo.

I have not purchased a ticket, nor have I purchased an Angels-related memorabilia, uniforms, caps or otherwise since Phoenix Arte Moreno of Tuscon disgraced the fine people of both Los Angeles and Anaheim/Orange County with his heinous and geographically-inaccurate name change back in 2005.

A damn shame.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

As I was going through the boards at a more in depth level, I realized that 1) there are a lot of recolor threads and 2) that pisses most of the skilled and regular readers of this board off. So I wanted to apologize for adding to that, especially with a pretty crappy addition. I will save posting concepts until I can actually come up with a full rebrand coloring.

gyoung8.png

Nah. Don't worry too much about it. You have to start somewhere. The thing that was nice about it, was that it wasn't the age old Ducks uniform recolored to their original colors. Now, if you make uniforms for these that are original and different than what they wear now, that would be cool in the switched colors. That would be really cool.

As I was going through the boards at a more in depth level, I realized that 1) there are a lot of recolor threads and 2) that pisses most of the skilled and regular readers of this board off. So I wanted to apologize for adding to that, especially with a pretty crappy addition. I will save posting concepts until I can actually come up with a full rebrand coloring.

Most I've found don't care about the re-color threads b/c technically they are concepts, they just lack the effort. What irritated me with members taking issue with recolor threads is because they said that it prevents the majority of the great artists don't bother visiting the forums/concepts threads anymore and therefore recolor concepts are taking away from seeing great artists work.

I just didn't see how re-color concepts were taking away from the great artists concepts. If those designers don't want to see the recolor threads, don't look at it, or say what you gotta say and start a discussion.

Then they say that you should hold off posting until you can have something more original - well possibly, but imo that takes away the purpose of the C&C. You have to start somewhere, and recoloring is a start, I did that on other threads for quite a while, because for me I like to see teams in different colors, and switched around. I enjoy that.

While I'm on the subject "It sucks, or I don't like it" one-line responses doesn't really constitute constructive criticism. It's fine to include that phrase, but explain why it sucks, or why you don't like it. That's what I try to do. I agree with others on the board - "Attack the post, NOT the poster"

So, Moving on. Post what you feel like posting, and just don't worry about it too much. :)

And yeah, punch out some uniforms with these and let's see what you come up with.

Archived