Golden State Warriors Concept

HisAirness24

Hey all, don't post concepts here much but I felt up for modernizing the Warriors 70s/80s logos and unis. I tried to incorporate a lot of the uniform and logo elements of that era along a little bit of today's iteration and spent some time tweaking it to look more 'up to date' I guess you can call it.

gswlogosfinal.jpg

gswuniscomplete.jpg

C&C Always appreciated. Thanks.

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

I like how you updated their old logo and the font you have better than plain old copperplate that they used now. One minor thing is that I think the blue outline of California and the star should be the same thickness as the outline on the ball. The jerseys are ok but I agree with what gyoung08 said about the script over the ball lookin awkward.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the font - it seems more "Old West" than "Bay Area."

Also - the blue is too light for my tastes. Is this lighter than the blue they wear now? I would like to see a darker, more royal blue. The colors you used make them see a little too Nugget-y to me.

One more thing - on the basketball, I think the way the curved lines on the basketball become sharp as they disappear, looks a little weird. It might look better if you make the thickness of the basketball lines uniform.

That said, it's still WAY WAY WAY better than their current look. Nice work!!

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I know the identity is speaking of the Golden Gate Bridge and everything, but to me, if the team name is Warriors, shouldn't there be some type of warrior figure in it somewhere? A spear? Something?

warriors%20mockup.PNG

The look of this is pretty good, but you definitely don't need that white keyline separating the gold from the blue. Ruins the whole thing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

[stupid image removed]

You are not funny or clever, and have contributed nothing with your dumb picture. Please go away and stop polluting the forums.

As for the concept...

My first thought was that it looked odd how the circle wasn't centered under the Golden State wordmark. I get why it's not, but it still looked odd to me. HOWEVER, the more I look at it, it's actually one of my favorite "features" of this design. I really like how it creates a swirly-effect in the negative space to the right of the top of the state and under the wordmark.. I can't tell if it's the same way on the white jersey (and just not as noticeable due to the length of the wordmark), but if not, it should be.

Don't change your shorts. There's no need to get all gimmicky here. Simple and classic is better in this case, especially since the jersey design is a little non-traditional.

As stated, the font really doesn't work. It's nice without any context, but the Bay Area really doesn't evoke western imagery, and this is a decidedly old-western font.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have to agree with what everyone is saying about the old west font. I get that you're using it because its similar to what they've used in the past, but you won't lose anything with a font that's more modern and regionally appropriate.

You could also try moving "STATE" to the bottom on the roads and see how that looks. But even as is, you have something that's a huge upgrade over what the Warriors use now.

[stupid image removed]

You are not funny or clever, and have contributed nothing with your dumb picture. Please go away and stop polluting the forums.

Well I do

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I like it.

The only thing I would change would be to minimize the size of the star on the logo, and move it from the west bay (San Francisco), over to the east bay (Oakland) where the Warriors currently play their home games. It's a slight geographical difference, but I believe it's pertinent in order to reflect the accuracy of the Warrior's home.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I like it.

The only thing I would change would be to minimize the size of the star on the logo, and move it from the west bay (San Francisco), over to the east bay (Oakland) where the Warriors currently play their home games. It's a slight geographical difference, but I believe it's pertinent in order to reflect the accuracy of the Warrior's home.

???

How can you tell that the star is placed on the west bay? It completely covers up the whole area where the Bay Area would be. If it needs to be relocated, I'd move it a little bit down and a tad to the right because it does not accurately portray where the Bay Area is located on the state. Its close to where it should be but the star in my opinion is a little bit too north on the state.

I like it.

Some people think too hard. The star is fine location is fine. Besides they represent the whole bay area. They've played in San Fran, Oakland, and even San Jose for a few years so if the star is somewhat near any of those, which it is, it's fine.

If this were a Los Angeles team, I'd agree that the font doesn't work. Given the imagery theme here (San Francisco, Oakland) I'd say the western style font does work.

San Francisco was the heart of the gold rush, BTW. Very western

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived