Golden State Warriors Concept

HisAirness24

Thanks for the comments and critiques guys. Yeah my decision to use the Western-looking font was an ode to their old logo - something to go along these lines: cb02u6k4eyzy3zwkxmivf37hj.gif

I did try my best to change the positioning of the circle so it can be better centered under the wordmark. Speaking of that, I tried going a slightly different direction with the font, attempting to make it more modern and "Warrior" looking, although it might not be as warrior-esque as what you guys were suggesting. Also decided to make an alternate (of course GS is famous for their gold alts) and fixed a couple minor things with the logos.

gsw2logos.jpg

warriorsunis2.jpg

All in all, I took some of your guys' suggestions and did what I could from there. Appreciate the feedback.

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

I really like the new font. The whole set is beautiful. You did a great job updating the old school look. My only suggestion would be to get rid of the white strokes bordering the lines on the basketball in the primary logo. They're unnecessary, and then the logo would be consistent with the alternate.

Looks alright. A few things caught my eye that you may want to try and adjust, mostly with the uniforms.

The California state outline on the Jersey inside the circle doesn't look right. I know you're trying for the Old-style with a new style, but it really doesn't look that great on the front of the jersey.

Suggestion: Maybe take the front of the jersey logo and put it on the back. Then put the "Warriors" script on the front like they used to have it. Yeah the "Warriors" script on the front of the jersey was a little plain, but I think it worked.

If you keep the California State logo on the front of the Jersey I would make the inside of the California outline gold on the Home and Road uniform. I might make the Gold alternates one with the bridge logo like their old ones and then make the stars maybe one color or the colors that you think work best. Then you could also add an throwback "The City" jersey in any color.

Just suggestions, mostly what I might try and see how they look. Good start though. I love the basketball update - Awesome!!

Thanks for the comments and critiques guys. Yeah my decision to use the Western-looking font was an ode to their old logo - something to go along these lines: cb02u6k4eyzy3zwkxmivf37hj.gif

I did try my best to change the positioning of the circle so it can be better centered under the wordmark. Speaking of that, I tried going a slightly different direction with the font, attempting to make it more modern and "Warrior" looking, although it might not be as warrior-esque as what you guys were suggesting. Also decided to make an alternate (of course GS is famous for their gold alts) and fixed a couple minor things with the logos.

gsw2logos.jpg

warriorsunis2.jpg

All in all, I took some of your guys' suggestions and did what I could from there. Appreciate the feedback.

Okay, now that is beautiful. Specifically the font you used for the lettering and numbers looks very western, and I definitely like how you went more conservative on their actual uniform design, which the NBA has constantly butchered by mixing eras, forcing the concept to look more modern and failing horribly at it.

Archived