Fox's MLB Series

Fox

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the input on the Yankees concept, C&C is greatly appreciated. What I have decided I will do is post every team in a division (going AL East, AL Central, AL West, NL East, NL Central, NL West), then once I have posted every team in that division, I will post an updated version for each of those teams.

So now I present my second concept, the Toronto Blue Jays.

I think we can all agree that it's time for the current Blue Jays look to go. The era with the split up font and the classic Blue Jays was the best era of Blue Jays uniforms, and IMO some of the coolest unis that I have ever seen. A lot of Jays concepts on CCSLC feature a modernized Blue Jay. While I considered that, I decided that everything would look the best the with classic logo.

-One last thing: While I am not a fan of colored pants, the full podwer blue alternates that they wore from 2008-2010 were such a hit that I thought I'd give it a shot. It may look dated, but basicly this entire concept is. I tried the same uni (road alt) with gray pants and it didn't look as good IMO.

Here it is: (C&C greatly appreciated!)

BlueJaysSubmit.png

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Not sure how the logo over buttons works. When unbuttoned is the logo in 2 pieces? Personally, I don't think the logo is needed on the front of the jersey, the script will due just fine. Logo could be on the sleeve, plus the hat. If it has to be on the jersey that it should be on left side, not centered.

Up next is my Tampa Bay Rays concept. This concept is definetly out there, but I felt that the Rays had too boring of an identity for a team that's only been around since 1998 and is a teams of many young players. Firstly, I tried to incorperate more powder blue into their uniforms, so I made the brims power blue. I put Tampa Bay on the primary road, and tried something a bit different with the road alt. Also, I really wanted to use the ray as a cap logo. I thought having a cap with the Ray would be a "love it or hate it" type of hat, so I decided to pair it with the powder blue alt, which I feel is a "love it or hate it" uniform.

I expect the most criticism on this concept, but here it is! C&C is appreciated as usual.

RaysSubmit.png

-Tomorrow: Red Sox

-Saturday: Orioles

-Around July 2nd (i'll be away for a bit): Redone AL East concepts

Nice job on the Rays concept, just a few suggestions:

- The sting ray and starburst sleeve patches need to be rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise.

- I'm not feeling the alternate sting ray cap. I like the idea of a Columbia blue cap, but I think the TB logo would look better.

- I would move the number on the away alt up to the same level as the TB chest logo, and probably remove the Columbia blue outline to match the TB chest logo.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions on the Tampa Bay concept everyone! I now present my next concept, the Boston Red Sox.

It's always tough making a concept for your favorite teams. What I think about the Red Sox set right now is that they have one great uniform, the home white, and two that have potential but aren't there yet (red alt and navy alt). When the Sox changed their road unis prior to 2009, it was a step backwards. Many concepts on CCSLC suggest the Red Sox going to back to red hats in order to solve the color balance issue. As for the primary, I like the all blue, but I would have no problem with red brims/red crowns for an alternate hat.

Let me give a rundown on my concept:

-The home uni is pretty much unchanged

-The home red and road alt's only major change was adding piping and going with a red brimmed hat

-The road uniform uses the 1990-2008 road wordmark with red piping.

-The cream alternate was kind of an afterthought. I was done with this concept when I decided to test out the Red Sox in cream. The concept of the cream alt was inspired by a Ted Williams shirt that I have that looks like this. When I tried the cream jersey with the old font, I decided to emphasize red more, to give it a throwback feel. I went with the primarily red hats and with a red belt instead of navy, and to be honest, it is actually my favorite uniform in the set.

-I reaize that five uniforms is too many for a set, and I'm looking to cut down one of the alternates.

Here is my Boston Red Sox concept:

RedSoxSubmit.png

Comments and criticisms please!

-Tommorow I will submit my final AL East concept, the Orioles.

-I will be away for about a week after that, but in the early days of July, I will submit revised versions of every concept.

The throwback home alt for the Sox looks pink, which I don't really like. Other than that, I think it looks good.

That's odd. To me, it looks cream. I used the same cream that the San Francisco Giants use, and it's the same one I used for the Yankees cream pinstriped alt, which is above.

What part of it looked pink, the uniform itself, or the hat and socks?

The throwback home alt for the Sox looks pink, which I don't really like. Other than that, I think it looks good.

That's odd. To me, it looks cream. I used the same cream that the San Francisco Giants use, and it's the same one I used for the Yankees cream pinstriped alt, which is above.

The uniform itself. If I look close I can see the cream, but at the same time when I look at it, it looks like it was white and got washed with some reds to give it a slight pink tint. But it could be my eyes playing tricks on me.

gyoung8.png

The uniform itself. If I look close I can see the cream, but at the same time when I look at it, it looks like it was white and got washed with some reds to give it a slight pink tint. But it could be my eyes playing tricks on me.

I kinda know what you mean. My guess is that it's from all of the red on the jersey (piping, socks, script). Maybe cream and red don't go together too well.

Sorry about double posting. Thanks for the feedback on the Red Sox! Now, here is my final AL East concept, the Orioles.

The Orioles have a pretty solid look right now. I actually like every one of their jerseys and hats. But with orange in the color scheme, there is so much potential. Here's a rundown as to what I did with this concept.

-Added piping to the home jerseys (tried it out, thought it looked a tad better)

-Instead of having a black "Orioles" alt for home and road, I made an orange Orioles alt for home and a black Baltimore alt for the road. Both of these use the O's hat

-On the orange home alt, I was torn between using white or black font for the "Orioles" wordmark. Although the hat does not include any white, I chose white for the workmark becuase I thought it looked better.

-For the regular home and road jerseys, which use the bird as a cap logo, I put the O's logo as a sleeve patch.

-This is my last change, and probably most questionable:

although the throwback orioles bird does not fit with this era of uniforms, I love the logo too much to not try to unclude it. I tried it on both of the alternate jerseys. I actually thought that it didn't look bad, so I decided to go for it.

Here is my final AL East concept, the O's! C&C Please!!

OriolesSubmit.png

I will be gone for about a week but when I get back I will revise every AL East concept based on the feedback I got. After that, I will begin posting AL central concepts, and follow the same pattern for the rest of the major leagues.

No feedback on the O's? Please check it out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Since I didn't get any suggestions, I did not make an update of the Orioles concept, but if I ever do get some I will happily make one.

However, based on feedback, I tweaked the other four teams in the AL East. Since none of the changes are major, I have just posted links to them rather than cluttering up the thread with near-similar images. Here's a rundown of them. C&C, as always is apprecaited. After I submit concepts and re-makes of every team in the MLB, I will go back and update the 2nd versions of those I get further suggestions for.

NEW YORK YANKEES

-Got rid of the sleeve patches on road jerseys

-Added pinstiped hat to cream alt

-Despite suggestions against them, I decided to keep the alt cream and keep the NY on the road uniforms.

TAMPA BAY RAYS

-Properly rotated ray sleeve patches to 270 degrees (the only reason that I didn't do that in the first place is that I thought it looked odd, and looked more normal straight up)

-Removed sunburst sleeve patch on road alt and replaced it with the Rays primary logo with the baseball diamond

-On the road alt, brought the numbers up

-Despite a suggestion to ditch the manta-ray hat and go with the TB cap logo, I decided to keep it because it is the most radical change of this concept, and although it's a little bit cheesy, I like it!

TORONTO BLUE JAYS

-Moved logo on chest from middle of jersey (over buttons) to the right.

-tried it with no logo at all, but decided it looked better with the Blue Jays logo

BOSTON RED SOX

-Ditched the cream alt, and went with a standard uni set of a home and road alt, 4 jerseys in total.

-Since there were no other changes to the four jerseys that I kept, i decided to put the Fenway Park 100th Aniversery patch on all of the uniforms.

Well, there you have it, my updated AL East concepts. Although there were really no major changes for this division, it's because I had a very clear idea of what I wanted to do for each team. For the AL Central, however, I am rather puzzled as to what to do for a few teams, so expect major changes in the updates.

As already said, up next is the AL Central, I will begin posting them likely tomorrow. We'll start with the Indians!

C&C PLEASE!!!

Archived