Fox's MLB Series

Fox

I hate so much what the orioles are wearing now but I like the script. I was thinking the cartoon bird on the hat and the realistic one as the sleeve patch. And no O's hat logo either. I also never liked gray road uni's. They seem so bland but that's just me. I love what you did with the other teams, however.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now it's time to move into AL Central concepts, and up first is the Cleveland Indians. Right now, the Indians look has a lot of potential, but isn't quite there yet. They have a mix between modern uniforms (chief wahoo unis) and throwbacks. Let's face it: The Chief Wahoo is on its way out. While I personally like the Chief Wahoo hats, they seem to be close to being phased out.

So here is my concept, and what I did to it:

-Took the font the Indians currently use on their cream home alt and put it on a white jersey for the home uniform.

-Took basicly the same road jersey that they wear right now, which is a very solid look and matches the home font that I used

-Put the home font on a navy blue alt, which is an all-purpose uniform, like the navy blue uni that they have right now.

-Put the Chief Wahoo as a sleeve patch to keep the logo alive for a few more years

-Took the block C, which they use on their current home alt and regular away uni's and added the feather from the chief wahoo to the corner of it, taking a block letter and giving it an indian theme. I feel like this would compensate both sides of the Block C vs. Chief Wahoo argument. People against the Cheif wahoo say that it is racist. Unless you interpret this logo as, "all Indians are C's with feathers" then I do not think it is racist in the slightest bit. (I personally don't see anything racist about the Chief Wahoo logo, but some do). Most people against the block C say that it is boring. I feel that this satisfies that by adding a feather and white outline to spice it up.

-Like they do with the Wahoo hats, I put a red brim on the home hat and left the road cap solid.

-I considered both red and cream alts, but decided to go with just the navy alt for now.

Here is my Indians Concept:

IndiansSubmit.png

C&C Please!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

No feedback on the Indians? It's still a long way away from updating all of my AL Central sets, so if you have any comments and/or criticisms on the Indians set, comment!

I'm still planning on uploading the Tigers set later in the day. I think I'm gonna go in the order of Indians, Tigers, Twins, White Sox, Royals.

But for now, I finally have an updated Baltimore Orioles concept-- Thanks to everyone that gave me C&C.

For the Orioles update the major changes that I made were:

-Adding piping to all jerseys, not just the home

-On the alternates, using a new sleeve patch that I created. I previously had the 1970's esq smiling bird logo, but it does not match up well with this era. So what I did was took the logo and put it inside the circle w/ font, as seen in this current O's sleeve patch. The patch takes an out-dated logo, but makes it fit in better, IMO. The idea was inspired by this Anaheim Ducks alternate logo.

Here is the updated concept

C&C on this, or better yet, my Cleveland Indians concept (above) would be greatly appreciated!

Indians: It's nice. I like the "feather C", and the uniforms are simple. I'm not sure if they're too simple, however. It would be interesting to see how these would look on the field: dull or classy. It could go either way. 7/10.

25yzwqg.png

The Indians is clean and simple, nice work. Maybe a red alternate?

The Orioles is near perfect! The only thing I can complain about is the black socks.

Thanks! I think I'm almost definetly going to do a red alternate for the Indians when I update the set. As for the black socks on the O's, I considered trying orange socks for the orange home alt, but decided not to. Maybe I will add orange socks next time

That Indians is great. Chief Wahoo is sadly on his way out but it is good that you added the feather to the block "C" to make it Indians. Also CHief Wahoo is not completely gone which I like as he is on a sleeve patch.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Now it's time for my next AL Central concept, the Tigers. To be honest, going in, I had no idea what to do to the Tigers. I considered the Tigers to be almost a perfect set. Although I do like the inclusion of orange on the road jerseys and hats, I ultimately decided to ditch them for my concept. I was so puzzled as to what to do for this Tigers concept, that I made one concept that I decided to scrap, which included orange:

DELETED TIGERS CONCEPT

What I changed more than anything from my first concept to my official concept is the road unis. On the deleted version, I left the road jerseys pretty much untouched. I really like the Tigers' road jerseys in real life, but they do not look as good as a concept (if anyone knows what I mean). And the orange alt with the D logo was an idea that when I thought up in my head, sounded like it would look good, but actually looks pretty bad (especially with uniform numbers)

This is what I decided to do with the Tigers concept instead:

-Left the classic home jerseys pretty much unchanged (considered blue piping, decided to keep them untouched)

-Took the road script right now and took away the orange outline so it is just solid navy blue. Paired it with the cap with the white D. (what is crazy about this change is about a day or so after I thought of it and did it, I saw the Tigers wear a jersey very similar to this against the Dodgers in a throwback game)

-Added an all-puprose alt, which is navy blue with the white D. At home, I paired it with an alternate cap with a white brim. I considered that for the standard home hat, but decided not to mess with the classic home jersey. Although the tigers would never mess with their classic D hat and add a white brim, they would never wear an alternate jersey either, so I thought, why not?

Here is the concept:

Tigerssubmit-1.png

This was one team where I was really unsure as to what to do to their look. I'm still looking for ideas for this concept, so C&C would be appreciated!

Tomorrow I will submit my Minnesota Twins concept. Stay tuned!

Now it's time to move into AL Central concepts, and up first is the Cleveland Indians. Right now, the Indians look has a lot of potential, but isn't quite there yet. They have a mix between modern uniforms (chief wahoo unis) and throwbacks. Let's face it: The Chief Wahoo is on its way out. While I personally like the Chief Wahoo hats, they seem to be close to being phased out.

So here is my concept, and what I did to it:

-Took the font the Indians currently use on their cream home alt and put it on a white jersey for the home uniform.

-Took basicly the same road jersey that they wear right now, which is a very solid look and matches the home font that I used

-Put the home font on a navy blue alt, which is an all-purpose uniform, like the navy blue uni that they have right now.

-Put the Chief Wahoo as a sleeve patch to keep the logo alive for a few more years

-Took the block C, which they use on their current home alt and regular away uni's and added the feather from the chief wahoo to the corner of it, taking a block letter and giving it an indian theme. I feel like this would compensate both sides of the Block C vs. Chief Wahoo argument. People against the Cheif wahoo say that it is racist. Unless you interpret this logo as, "all Indians are C's with feathers" then I do not think it is racist in the slightest bit. (I personally don't see anything racist about the Chief Wahoo logo, but some do). Most people against the block C say that it is boring. I feel that this satisfies that by adding a feather and white outline to spice it up.

-Like they do with the Wahoo hats, I put a red brim on the home hat and left the road cap solid.

-I considered both red and cream alts, but decided to go with just the navy alt for now.

Here is my Indians Concept:

IndiansSubmit.png

C&C Please!

The Detroit set is ok. My biggest problem is that you took away the orange, which made them look just like NY but without pinstripes. I think keeping the orange on the roads and not on the home is what makes Detroit different from the other 22 teams that are blue and white ya know.

Over all though I am enjoying this series and cant wait to see more!!

Yeah, it's basically the Yankees. For a team called the Tigers, there should definitely be more orange. 5/10.

Even Ty Cobb laughs at that ridiculous statement, and he never laughs.

XBH2D00Z.jpg

87Redskins.png

Yeah, it's basically the Yankees. For a team called the Tigers, there should definitely be more orange. 5/10.

Even Ty Cobb laughs at that ridiculous statement, and he never laughs.

XBH2D00Z.jpg

Actually I agree with AnythingChicago. My Tigers concept did look a lot like the Yankees. I will definetly include orange when I update the concept.

Sorry for the delay guys. I always like to have a few concepts completed ahead of time, but the White Sox has been a disaster for me. While this post is dedicated to my Minnesota Twins concept, here's a little bit about my struggles with the White Sox:

The White Sox are a tough team to make a concept for. In my mind, I see a similar situation with the Marlins and Rockies. It's a uniform set that isn't bad- definetly has some good elements, but is far from perfect. The problem is, what to necessarily do isn't really clear. When making concepts, the first place that I always check is the mothership. Whenever I see a script that a team has that does not appear on a uniform, I get pretty excited to make a concept out of it. When I first saw this White Sox script, an idea popped into my head that seemed brilliant. This White Sox concept was one that seemed brilliant in my head but looked like crap when I put it together. So here is my White Sox concept gone wrong. I think that two of the jerseys (the two non pullovers) have potential. I'm going to try to totally remake a White Sox concept on here before I submit it. Something like that wasn't worthy of its own post.

MINNESOTA TWINS

This was the team that this post was supposed to be about. Right now, the Twins have a very good look. Their cream alternate home jerseys along with the Washington Senators-ish road jerseys paired with an interlocking TC cap is a great look, however I felt that there are still some areas where the Twins uniform set could improve.

-Tough call on this one, but I decided to remove the pinstripes.

-Took their cream jersey, which is right now the alternate, and switched it with the plain white, making the white the alternate

-Put the "M" hat on the white jersey. While it seems that the vast majority prefers TC caps, the white jersey's workmark looks like it is from a different era than the cream throwback and road workmarks. The M cap is a really good fit with the white jersey.

-Switched up the sleeve patches

-Piping on home alt.

-Considered making the red-brimmed TC hat the only one, but decided against it. I think the solid blue cap is a better look at home.

Here is the concept:

TwinsSubmitedits.png

While I had planned to next submit my White Sox concept, the next concept I will submit will by my KC Royals concept, and then I will finish out the division with the White Sox concept. C&C please, comments on this Twins set and suggestions for the White Sox set would be greatly appreciated!

Seems like this series is falling off a bit.. sad to see, with 3 posts in a row being from me. No feedback on the Twins? If you have any it would be appreciated, however even if I don't get any, I have an idea as to what changes to make in my update. It's beena while, but it's time for my Kansas City Royals concept.

What I did with this Royals concept:

-Knocked out gold and made the crown in the logo powder blue, since it is used on the uniforms and gold isn't

-Thickened the Royals and Kansas City scripts to make them look less like the dodgers and to stand out more

-On home alternates, (powder blue) got rid of powder blue hats and used regular Royal hats. When I first saw the Royals powder blue hats, I loved them, but seeing them on the field.. it's just too much powder blue on one uniform and it causes the look to seem 'girly' IMO

-Too royal blue alt and designated it as a road alt only. Since its designated for the road, knocked out Royals script and used Kansas City instead

-Added new primary mark as patch for home and road regulars, and put the logo in a white cirlce for home and road alts.

RoyalsSubmit.png

Well, there is my KC Royals concept. C&C please! Advice on this, or the Twins set would be appreciated. It is still a work in progress, but the White Sox are up next!

I love that Royals concept. No black. Just a nice unique look with the two blues. The current Royals look just scream Dodgers. For the Twins, I'm a little iffy. I'm not a fan of there being three different patches. On the road alternate, the 'T' in twins would easily get lost. Also the front numbers being white doesn't make sense to me. I would go with red numbers for that. But other than that, not much to complain about. Nice.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Royals: Can't say I'm a fan. There's no point in putting a circle around the logo, and you should have never gotten away from gold. A team called the Royals should include gold. Overall, it's a big downgrade, I'm afraid to say. 4/10.

25yzwqg.png

Royals: Can't say I'm a fan. There's no point in putting a circle around the logo, and you should have never gotten away from gold. A team called the Royals should include gold. Overall, it's a big downgrade, I'm afraid to say. 4/10.

The thing with eliminating gold.. that was only from the logo. The Royals uniforms are royal and powder blue, with no gold, yet their primary logo is royal blue with gold. It would only be logical to remove gold from the logo of a team that doesn't use gold in their color scheme. If you wanted a gold alt, well I tried that and it did not look good. I expected it to look like the Brewers gold alts from this year, but instead it ended up reminding me more of the fugly Sacramento Kings gold alts from a few years ago. However, I will try a gold alt again when I update the KC set.

Now it's time for my next concept, the White Sox. As I mentioned in my post when I showed you the Twins concept, the ChiSox were the biggest challenge to me so far. Here was my first attempt at a concept, which failed badly: White Sox Concept (DELETED)

That was so bad that it didn't deserve its own post. While I'm still a bit unclear on how the White Sox set can be improved, (while it is far from perfect) I was able to come up with a more respectable set. All 3 of their current jerseys still exist without many major changes. Here is a rundown of what I did:

-Removed uniform number from home jersey. I think the uniform number takes away some of the classieness of the pinstriped home jersey

-Left road jersey mostly unchanged, other than reverting back to the old road patch

-Kept the black alt jersey. While it is an all-purpose alt, I'd prefer it to be a road alt, but since it has the team name on it instead of the city name, it can also be used at home

-Most radical change here: Added a "fauxback" home alt. It is plain white with a throwback White Sox logo, recolored to their current colors. As many people suggest on these boards, I made the hat with a white crown. Considered actually giving them white socks, but decided not do. I know that it doesn't fit the rest of the Sox identity, but it could work as a once a month alternate

Concept:

WhiteSoxSubmitGoodVersion.png

C&C please!

Up next will be an update of all of my AL Central concepts, which I hope to finish within the next few days.

Archived