Fox's MLB Series

Fox

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to no feedback yet on the White Sox concept and only a little bit on the Twins concept, I have not yet updated those concepts. I'd love some feedback on those, however if I don't get any I have changes in mind for each of them and will get them posted within the next few days.

However, from your feedback, I was able to redesign the three other AL Central teams, the Indians, Tigers, and Royals. Here they are:

CLEVELAND INDIANS

-Like many suggested, added a red alternate. This is the home alt.

-Changed the red from more of a pinkish red to more of a scarlet red.

-Made blue alt a road alternate (with cleveland script)

IndiansSubmit3.png

DETROIT TIGERS

-Took people's suggestions of keeping the orange on the road jerseys.

-Added a navy blue home alt, with a "tigers" script across the chest. Currently, no Tigers jersey has the team name on it. I took the Tigers' script used for T-Shirts and merchandise and thickened it to make it all white and put it on a navu jersey.

-Used basicly the road jersey that they wear now but took away the uniform numbers on the front.

-Added an orange road alt, with the thin "Detroit" wordmark that I used in my original Tigers concept for the regular road jersey. I pair both of the roadies with an orange D hat.

TigersSubmit2.png

KANSAS CITY ROYALS

-As requested, I added more gold into the Royals identity, but didn't take away the powder blue, as I think the Royals do a great job of pulling off powder

-On the logo, made the crown gold again, but kept the dots above the crown powder blue. (may look a bit awkward, but for a team with so much powder blue in their identity, KC desperatly needs to have powder in their logo

-Added a gold alternate jersey, for home, but with a white outline, unlike the other jerseys which have a thicker, single-colored wordmark

-For the powder alternate, added a powder brim, and for the gold alternate, added a gold brim

RoyalsSubmit2.png

C&C Please! If you have any comments on my White Sox or Twins concepts (above), that would be appreciated as well. Like I said, Chicago and Minnesota updates will be posted in a few days.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Sox- Since even though I can't stand the team, I love their uniforms, and you didn't make that many changes to what was around already, I'll only comment on the fauxback. Considering that version of the S-O-X isn't the most well-known one, I actually really like it.

Sox aborted- I figure the early 80s tribute could actually work. Thus, you may wanna keep an eye out when I show yall how it's done ;)

Indians- If you'd used the scripts instead of the plain letters, I'd have loved what you did for the Tribe. As it is, it's just there. Not really anything to do with you, I just prefer the scripts.

Twins- I'll be blunt, too little was actually changed to merit much of a comment IMO.

Tigers- at least two of these jerseys don't already exist, so I'll bite on them...for the home alt, I woulda gone with either a white Tigers vest or an orange D vest. The road alt is okay orange, but would've been better blue.

Royals- I kinda wish at least the gold strayed a bit more from the classic Royals look. Maybe you coulda put together a KC Monarchs or KC Blues tribute uni instead?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As a Tigers fan, I have to say that both alts just look like t-shirts you'd buy at the team shop. Nothing fancy, they almost seem unfinished as uniforms to me. The 'Tigers' stroke is a little too wide IMO, and the orange alt needs some white on it, not enough contrast between the orange and blue to suit my tastes. They're interesting takes, I think they still need some refinement though.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me start this out by saying I'm sorry. To be honest, I don't have the White Sox or Twins updates made yet, and I'm not sure when I'll get around to them. It's been a combination of a bunch of things that have been holding me back- being lazy, being busy, wanting to work on concepts for new teams. While I don't have those updated concepts yet, I figured I mine as well start showcasing my AL West concepts, starting with the Rangers.

What to say about the Texas Rangers' look..? I would say that the uniform set that Texas currently wears has potential, but isn't quite perfect.

The biggest issue IMO is color balance. The Rangers are stuck between being a red team or a blue team. 3 of their 4 regular uniforms feature blue socks and hats, while the other features red. While I personally would prefer to see the Rangers minimize red and keep it just royal blue, it seems that the fan preference is to emphasize red. Since both colors look good on the field, I decided how I'd split it up. The Rangers would be a red team at home and a blue team on the road. Home and home alt jersey would have red socks and hats, while the road and road alt would have blue socks and hats.

Another common complaint about the Texas Texases Rangers is having the state name on all jerseys. It is MLB tradition to have team name at home and city/state name on the road. I decided to bring back the Rangers word mark, which was discontinued for a reason beyond me after the 2008 season. Another common complaint- Black for black's sake. I removed the black drop shadow on all work marks, staying true to the Rangers color scheme. I also got rid of all 3-D on the scripts.

RangersSubmit.png

Once again, sorry about the long layoff and the lack of Twins and White Sox updates. I will try to post soon within the next few days. I will try to push myself to work on those updates, but if not, I will post my Oakland A's concept.

C&C Please!

No feedback on Texas? As promised, here is the Oakland A's concept. The Athletics have IMO the best uniforms in baseball. From the color scheme to the jerseys to to hats no team comes close. That being said, there are minor tweaks that I feel could improve the Oakland set.

Changes:

-Removed uniform number from front of home and road jerseys. I'm not a fan of numbers on the front.

-For the all green road cap, I made the button yellow. While this may seem like a change so small, almost not worth mentioning, buttons on hats can drastically affect the look of a uniform. IMO, yellow button = upgrade.

-Kept the yellow home alt, which is the best uniform in baseball. (Sorry, I couldn't really replicate the awesome triple piping.) Added a yellow hat with a green brim and A's logo to be worn with it sometimes. It also looks great with the green and yellow home cap, so those two will share time with the yellow alt.

-Scrapped the current green alternate with Athletics across the chest, and made a green version of the home alt. This is stricly the road alt, so it will be worn only with the all-green cap.

AthleticsSubmit-1.png

Expect another post soon. Long overdue White Sox and Twins updates almost complete! C&C Please!

I love what you did with Oakland. As you've said, Oakland has the best uniform set in the league so it would be hard to top what they currently have. The home uniform and road uniform are good. The home alternate, by taking away the piping, you have IMO made is seem a little too simple but others may like it. I like how the 'A's' is in green outlined in white. The road alternate is perfection however. I think that if Oakland added the gold piping to their green alternate, they would have the greatest uniform set in MLB history. Good job Fox. 3 of 4 are definite upgrades.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I love what you did with Oakland. As you've said, Oakland has the best uniform set in the league so it would be hard to top what they currently have. The home uniform and road uniform are good. The home alternate, by taking away the piping, you have IMO made is seem a little too simple but others may like it. I like how the 'A's' is in green outlined in white. The road alternate is perfection however. I think that if Oakland added the gold piping to their green alternate, they would have the greatest uniform set in MLB history. Good job Fox. 3 of 4 are definite upgrades.

Thanks, glad you liked it! I agree, I actually like the current piping that they have right now. What I was trying to say is that with my limited concept-making skills, a basic template, and paint, I couldn't really recreate the triple thick piping that they have, although I wanted to. When I update this A's concept I will definetly try to recreate the piping.

Although I just posted the A's concept a few hours ago, I just finished the long-overdue White Sox and Twins concept updates. Here they are:

WHITE SOX

So far, the White Sox have been the hardest team to make a concept for. While there are not many changes from the first concept I submitted, here they are:

-Took the home alternate and made it cream. Made the SOX logo all black. Removed number from front.

-Road jersey- mostly untouched, other than removing the uniform number.

-Biggest change right here: Got rid of the black SOX jersey, which the White Sox wear for seemingly 70% of their games. Made a new black alternate, which is stricly a road alt. I took this idea from my original White Sox concept, which I scrapped before posting the first one. (There is a link to it on my post with the original Minnesota Twins concept.) Anyway, despite it being unliked here at CCSLC, The black lettering on black jersey look worked well enough in this case in my opinion. I added a lot of white trim on the black alt and used the SOX logo as a sleve patch.

WhiteSoxSubmit2-1.png

TWINS

Looking back at it, my original Twins concept was awful. It was sloppy, half-assed, and not really an impovement over what they normally wear. So for this update, I didn't even refer back to the original concept, as I just started from scratch. This new concept is what I should have done in the first place. And before I list the changes, this is the concept that I spent the most time on, and besides maybe the Yankees it is IMO my best concept yet. Here are the changes (There are a lot!):

-Bring back the pinstripes. While road pinstipes are an uncommon look, the Twins pull it off. Pinstipes now on all jerseys.

-Used the script for the current cream alt as the home script and the current road script on the road. While they do not match up perfectly, they pair up pretty well and carry a Washington Senators feel to them.

-Although the current TC hat is nice, the T doesn't match up to any of the T's in the Twins scripts. To fix this, I remade the cap logo with the T from the Twins script used on the home jerseys.

-Home uniform: As said previously, wanted to standardize the home script. In order to create contrast between the cream home alt, which is supposed to seem 'old', I added modern pieces to the home whites. (Red brim on hat, uniform numbers on front)

-Roads: Used current wordmark on grey pinstripes. Blue words with red numbers.

-Road alts: Similar to what they currently wear, with the biggest difference being the pinstriped pants.

-Used one patch for all jerseys

TwinsSubmit2-2.png

3 new concepts submitted today. These 2, plus my Oakland A's concept (Above). C&C appreciated for new concepts! Expect another concept to be posted tomorrow.

Minnesota home alt. is too similar to the regular home IMO. Many people wouldn't even realise that they're wearing alts. The cap logo is also weak. 3.5/10

The original was much, much better.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I disagree with BigBubba that the home alternate would be too similar. I like the new hat, but I think that the 'C' in 'TC' would get lost especially since dark red and navy are similar colors. The 'T' itself reminds me of Toronto's cap which I hate, but I like this for Minnesota. I also like the 'blackout' Chicago alternate. I thought of that with my concepts but I didn't have the guts to put it out there. Nice job Fox.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I disagree with BigBubba that the home alternate would be too similar. I like the new hat, but I think that the 'C' in 'TC' would get lost especially since dark red and navy are similar colors. The 'T' itself reminds me of Toronto's cap which I hate, but I like this for Minnesota. I also like the 'blackout' Chicago alternate. I thought of that with my concepts but I didn't have the guts to put it out there. Nice job Fox.

Why? The only difference is the colour of the hat brim and the number on the front.

Why? The only difference is the colour of the hat brim and the number on the front.

And it's cream

And it's cream

Yeah that's what I was trying to say. The cream looks nice IMO. I don't really know which one I like better. The only cream jersey I don't like is the Mets one. Black drop shadow ruins it.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

And it's cream

Oh. That didn't look like that on my monitor (or maybe I just wasn't looking close enough). I take that back, you'd probably notice it on TV.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while, but I was away and I have made a lot of progress on concepts. Up next is the Anaheim Angels. (Yes, I know they're not the Anaheim Angels anymore, but in my ideal world, they would be.)

While the Angels have a solid look right now, there's something about it that just doesn't seem right. IMO, it is too much red. And from seeing the Halos in TBTC games this season, one thing has become clear to me: The Angels look much better in blue hats than red. Here are the major changes:

-Removed the 3D from the "A" cap logo. Made halo yellow.

-Gave hat a blue crown and a red brim

-Red socks and blue belts for all jerseys

-Cap logo is also sleeve patch for all jerseys

-Red Home alt: made wordmark white. Improvement over current angels red alternate which has red text on a red jersey.

-Anaheim returns to road jerseys. City name is always preferable on roads

-Blue Road alt added

Angelssubmit.png

My biggest fear of this concept is that 1. The Angels don't need a blue jersey and 2. This looks a bit too similar to the Red Sox

C&C appreciated! Up next will be the Mariners.

Archived