Fox's MLB Series

Fox

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love that Angels concept. I just don't like the red on red in the sleeve patch. Minnesota I'm not so sure on. Really like how you brought back gold on the Royals but I would like it to be more prominent.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

White Sox update: um...okay? I mean, it's not that black-on-black lettering's all that unpopular, I think it's just that most feel the only team that should go that route is the Spurs.

Twins update: like the old saying goes, make real changes, get real comments. The home makes the throwback seem rather pointless, and the new TC is a regression, IMO. And that wouldn't have been my first choice of sleeve patch. But that's just me, I'm sure.

Rangers: counting myself as one of those weirdoes who liked their 90s spring combo of red caps/blue jerseys, I'm not exactly sure how to take this set in, other than it looks better without black muddying the whole thing up.

Halos: I would've liked to have seen one of the alts take inspiration from the mid 90s alt blues, though this is solid and I can get behind the cap.

A's: the green alt would do just fine with simply gold lettering with no trim. You can see the A's on the road caps just fine without white trim.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thanks for the feedback everyone, now it's time for my final AL West concept, the Seattle Mariners. Before I get started I'd just like to say that this concept is a hit or miss.

The Mariners are a tough team to make a concept for. Their current look- I would say good, but not great. Their teal (northwest green) and navy blue color scheme is very unique and if balanced well can look great. Their current fonts and logos right now are nice too, but something about the uniforms, they are just gloomy and sad looking. This is because of the over-emphasis of two "depressing" colors- navy blue and grey. So what I tried to do was go back to a time of more fun-looking wordmarks and logos and balance out the color scheme evenly.

-Stuck to a 3 color scheme: Navy, White, Northwest Green/Teal

-Teal home alt, Navy road alt.

-Teal brimmed hats at home, solid navy on the road

-Mariners script across home jerseys with M cap logo

-Seattle script across road jerseys with S cap logo

-Piping for all jerseys

MarinersSubmit.png

I have a bad feeling that this concept is too cartoony and I'll be going back to the drawing board... Up next will be my updated versions of my AL West concepts. As of now, I don't see many major changes. I don't see any changes to the Rangers concept and only tweaks coming for the A's and Angels. Depending on the feedback, there's a strong chance you will see an updated M's concept too. Thanks again everybody, C&C please!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

IMO, this is mostly a hit concept. I like that you brought back the trident logo script. It's my second favorite to the current scripts. You nailed it with your analysis of the colors. Too much navy/gray. I'm not sold on the road alternate and road cap. The home jerseys are perfect. It's simple and clean. The hat logo on the road is a little too simple. It doesn't have any lasting value to me. Most other one letter cap logos have a little something else. Pirates 'P' has that keystone. Marlins have the fish. Your home cap here has the trident. The 'S' is just an 'S'. But I like that you brought back the old scripts and used the modern colors. It looks great. I would keep the scripts but work on the road jerseys and caps. This is what I would do(you can use it if you want to):

1) Make the script of the road alternate white and outline it in blue again and then teal. Either that or change the piping to teal instead of white.

2) Maybe make a fish hook 'S'? :D I don't know actually. You're on you're own with that one man. I would just use the trident. Just because the team's city has a different first letter than it's nickname doesn't mean you have to change the hat.

Overall, I give it a 9/10 good job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Didn't take too long to update the AL West concepts. Like I said, not a lot of changes. Here we go:

Texas Rangers- No suggestions, so I left the concept as it is

OAKLAND ATHLETICS

-Removed outline around A on both alternate jerseys

-added double-piping to yellow alternate. Tried it on the green alt and it didn't look good, so I stuck with single yellow piping

ANAHEIM ANGELS

-Changed patch logo on red alternate from red to white.

SEATTLE MARINERS

-On away alt, changed wordmark from teal with white outline to white with teal outline

-Made M pitchfork logo for road hats aswell, except without teal brim

It looks like that's it for American League concepts. Next it's on to the National League East! Braves concept to be posted within the next few days. C&C Please!

Now it's time for my first NL East concept, the Atlanta Braves.

Before the Braves introduced their red alterntes in 2006, and later blue in 2008, they had one of the most perfect looks in baseball. Their cap with the blue crown, red brim, and while A was one of the best in baseball. Now, it is worn with only one of the four Braves uniforms, the home whites. In my opinion, it is the only cap that the Braves should ever wear. If they could figure out a way to wear this cap with all of their uniforms, red and blue alts could definetly work for the Braves.

-Dropped the tomahawk A cap and solid blue cap

-Classic home cap now cap for all jerseys

-On blue alt, made Atlanta wordmark in red, instead of blue on blue

-Took tomahawk A logo and made it a sleeve patch for all jerseys

bravessubmit.png

The part of the concept that I am the most worried about is the red alternate jersey. When it comes to the current red alts which they wear with tomahawk hats, people seem to have mixed feelings about them. Some love that hat and hate the jersey. Personally, I like the jersey but don't like the hat. I think it looks much better with the classic cap.

C&C Please! Mets concept up next.

Here is my next NL East concept, the New York Mets. The Mets right now probably have the worst case of BFBS in baseball. While they appear to be taking a step in the right direction with blue alternates down the road, I decided to start over with the Mets set and address what I think are the major issues. Here are the changes:

-NO BLACK. Back to the roots- all blue and orange.

-No more pinstripes for Mets. Orange alternate for home, blue alternate for road

-Scripts orange on all jerseys except for orange alt, where they are blue

-Piping on all jerseys

-80's New York script on road and road alt. Made this change for a few reasons: 1. The block New York wordmark that they currently use looks way too much like the Red Sox font and 2. The road script should match up to the home Mets script.

-Caps: Classic blue hat with orange interlocking NY for home and road, same cap with orange bill for alternates

-Mets primary circle logo is the sleeve patch for all jerseys

MetsSubmit.png

C&C Please!

Yankees - I don't like the fat NY, you should use the one on the current hats.

Blue Jays - No Complaints

Rays - No Complaints

Red Sox - Glad that you used Red Socks for a team call the Red Sox

Orioles - No Complaints

Indians - Get rid of the outlines on Chief Wahoo on the Red Alt.

Tigers - No Complaints

Twins - I don't like the road pinstripes

Royals - You should thin out the scripts

White Sox - You should use White Socks for a team called the White Sox

Rangers - No Complaints

Athletics - No Complaints

Angels - I prefer silver, but I understand the reasoning of using Yellow

Mariners - No Complaints

Braves - I would use the darker navy

Mets - No Complaints

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Washington Nationals

The Nats have changed up their look many times in their brief history, the most recent being prior to this season and it was a step in the right direction. There are still some changes that I felt would improve the Nationals set.

-Nationals script (new this year, not used on any jerseys however) on both home and home alternate. While current homes with curly W on chest, I prefer traditional team name at home.

-New home alternate jersey, which is a vest. Just an experiment. Wanted to put interlocking DC logo on a jersey and thought the Nationals were a good candidate for a vest. Added white hat with red brim and red DC logo.

-Script on road jersey navy blue also with navy piping

-New road alt, essentially blue version of current red alt.

-Red socks and a blue belt for all jerseys

-Primary logo serves as sleeve patch for all jerseys except vest, which looks best without a sleeve patch

NationalsSubmit.png

C&C Please

Phillies concept up next!

Nationals:

Solid look. I'm not sure typing right now that it would be an improvement over their current look. I could very well change my mind at the end of this. Here it goes:

HOME UNIFORM) I like that you brought back the "Nationals" script. It works well with the "Washington" script IMO. Good piping. I prefer the double piping, but then again, they currently have the curly 'W' which takes up less space on the jersey, therefore making it almost nescessary to have something that appeals to the eye. That's where the double piping comes in. With the "Nationals" script, I can settle with just one. Plus I understand that you have a hard time drawing up the piping so this may not have been your intention to go single-piping, but it works. Wow, I just realized how long this was, haha. Anyways, the hat, belt, and socks are good. 5 stars.

ROAD UNIFORM) I can tell that you went with red as your home color and navy as your road color. However, I have a problem with this one. The color balance is way off. It's almost like two different teams. I would go with a navy "Washington" outlined in red. Do the same with the hat in that you outline the white 'W' in red. Other than that, it's good. Just clean up that color balance. There's so much red in the home, but none in the road set. 2 stars.

HOME ALTERNATE #1) Good job. No complaints. 5 stars.

ROAD ALTERNATE) Simple and clean. Like stated above, I prefer the double piping because the curly 'W' which takes up less space on the jersey, therefore making it almost nescessary to have something that appeals to the eye. Also, outline the curly 'W' on the cap in red. 3.5 stars.

HOME ALTERNATE #2) Perfection. I can picture that on a player and it'd look great. 5 stars.

OVERALL) Home set is perfect. Road set needs work. Just get some more red on the jerseys and caps so it is not so one-sided. (**) (**) (**) (**) (*)

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Now it's time for the Phillies. The Phillies are a team that throughout history has always looked pretty good. Currently, they have a red, white, and blue color scheme. Not that they don't wear it well, but they could look great if they ditched the generic scheme and went back to the roots with maroon and powder blue. While I know powder blue was never a team color, just the color of road jerseys, in today's age a powder blue and maroon scheme would look great on the Phillies. Here are the changes:

-Red and royal swapped out for maroon and powder

-No pinstripes on home jersey

-No more cream alt.

-No more alternate blue cap. 1 cap for the set. Maroon cap, white P, powder button

-Maroon socks and belts for all jerseys

-current primary logo, recolored, is sleeve patch for all jerseys

-Powder blue home alt with Phillies script

-Road uni features unused Philadelphia script from 1992 prototype.

-Maroon road alt

Philliesrealsubmit.png

C&C Please!

Miami Marlins concept up next!

Here are your Florida Miami Marlins. Unlike my other concepts, this Marlins concept is 95% from scratch.

Since it is a complete overhaul, I'm not going to list the changes. Here it is:

MarlinsSubmit.png

Up next I will update the NL East concepts.

C&C Please!

The font needs to be bigger. Also, the "M" on the cap looks too simple and uncreative. It could literally be for any team that begins with "M"; needs to be a bigger part of the team identity, if you know what I mean.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived