Fox's MLB Series

Fox

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my next NL East concept, the New York Mets. The Mets right now probably have the worst case of BFBS in baseball. While they appear to be taking a step in the right direction with blue alternates down the road, I decided to start over with the Mets set and address what I think are the major issues. Here are the changes:

-NO BLACK. Back to the roots- all blue and orange.

-No more pinstripes for Mets. Orange alternate for home, blue alternate for road

-Scripts orange on all jerseys except for orange alt, where they are blue

-Piping on all jerseys

-80's New York script on road and road alt. Made this change for a few reasons: 1. The block New York wordmark that they currently use looks way too much like the Red Sox font and 2. The road script should match up to the home Mets script.

-Caps: Classic blue hat with orange interlocking NY for home and road, same cap with orange bill for alternates

-Mets primary circle logo is the sleeve patch for all jerseys

MetsSubmit.png

C&C Please!

i love this, the road script is amazing! the only thing id change is make the home alt blue also and make the scrpits blue with orange outline on the home and road, and orange with white outline on the blue alts. i like the orange brim hats with tha alts too.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Just a question: Why have the fish behind the 'A'? Shouldn't it be behind the 'M'? I think that if you made the wordmarks bigger like BigBubba said and added the fish to the 'M' cap, you would have a solid concept. Regardless, I really like this one. The wordmarks are a good update, and I like the darker green and orange color scheme. Nice job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Here is my next NL East concept, the New York Mets. The Mets right now probably have the worst case of BFBS in baseball. While they appear to be taking a step in the right direction with blue alternates down the road, I decided to start over with the Mets set and address what I think are the major issues. Here are the changes:

-NO BLACK. Back to the roots- all blue and orange.

-No more pinstripes for Mets. Orange alternate for home, blue alternate for road

-Scripts orange on all jerseys except for orange alt, where they are blue

-Piping on all jerseys

-80's New York script on road and road alt. Made this change for a few reasons: 1. The block New York wordmark that they currently use looks way too much like the Red Sox font and 2. The road script should match up to the home Mets script.

-Caps: Classic blue hat with orange interlocking NY for home and road, same cap with orange bill for alternates

-Mets primary circle logo is the sleeve patch for all jerseys

MetsSubmit.png

Love the concept, espcially the road script! Where did you find the vector for that, I have been looking for a long time for it, Please Help!

C&C Please!

SpearSig.jpg

Sorry, it's been a while without updating. I lost power after Hurrican Irene came in and finally got it back in time to post on this thread again. As promised, I have the NL East updated concepts with the exception of the Miami Marlins concept. I needed some more time to work on that, but I want to get this rolling again so it will be posted at a later date. This time, I have updated my Braves, Mets, and Nationals concepts, and will be showing my first NL Central Concept, the Pittsburgh Pirates. No feedback on the Phillies and as said before, the Marlins update is not ready.

I will start with the one concept in the NL East that saw significant changes, the New York Mets. It is the only one with changes big enought to be worth it to post in the thread directly.

NEW YORK METS

-While in my first concept the Mets were an equally blue and orange team, this time I reverted them back to being mostly a blue team with orange trim

-Blue scripts with orange outline on home and road jersey

-Home alt also blue with orange scripts

MetsSubmit2.png

ATLANTA BRAVES

-Darkened the shade of navy

(CONCEPT HERE)

WASHINGTON NATIONALS

-Double piping on DC vested jersey and W road alternate

-Red piping on road jersey. kept script navy

-Red outline for W on road cap logo

(CONCEPT HERE)

Those were the NL East updated for now. I did not get and constructive critisism on the Phillies concept, but if I did I would make an update. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the Marlins concept, but an update is coming. Now, as promised, here is my first NL Central concept, the Pittsburgh Pirates!

While it has changed a lot over the years, the Pirates have a classic look. The cap logo is as historic as the Yankees interlocking NY, the Athletics Green-Gold-White home cap, or any other MLB classic. While they do have a pretty nice look today, I wanted to clean it up a bit and give them the "timeless" look.

-Black socks and belt for all jerseys. Classic black hat with yellow P logo for all jerseys. No more white outlined alternate hat.

-No uniform number on all jerseys

-Home and road jersey: no regular piping, however yellow sleeve piping at home

-Based off current black alts and the yellow BP jerseys, a new set of alternate jerseys. Yellow at home, black on the road. Both feature a P on the chest and piping

-No sleeve patches

PiratesSubmit-1.png

This concept is also the first time that I have shown a change that I have made to my template. Because of previous confusion over black piping vs. no piping, if a jersey is not supposed to have piping, I have made it light grey on home and roads and will use a lighter version of the color on colored jerseys. I will use this on future concepts and updates and will try to phase it into all of my concepts by the series' end.

Anyway, there are the three updated NL East concepts and the brand new Pirates concept. C&C Please!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I really liked the orange Mets alt., but I understand your view: blue versions of home/road primary as the alts. However, I really think that the Pirates road could use some black piping. Otherwise, a really great set.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I love what you did to my Buccos. The alternates are what I envision the Pirates should have. I think a problem will come in on the road alternate when you have yellow piping on the gray pants. They don't look good IMO because they clash. The current alternate fixes that problem. For the home/road, I would definitely go with their current piping of gold-black-gold or the 90s black-gold-black. Just yellow does not look good on the home and it will create two different pants as well as the alterante's pants. That will be 4 different pants needed if they wore this today. It's something that I am working on in my series as well so don't feel alone. The home alternate is such a classic look though. I love how awesome that looks. I like the piping style(collar and sleeve for the home/road, and down the front of the shirt for the alternate because there's only a 'P' there on the chest) but I would definitely work on cleaning up the piping for an update. That's really all that's wrong. 9/10 Nice job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• 2 weeks later...

After a long layoff, another update is on the way. Get ready for the Cardinals. The Cardinals uniforms are as good as any in baseball right now, but there are some issues, color balance being the biggest, that need to be cleaned up.

-Home uniform untouched

-St. Louis with bats and birds on road jersey. Red bill to hat, and no white outline on Stl cap logo. (done for two reasons: 1. Makes the cap logo look less like the Red Sox B hats and 2. I did it by accident but liked the look of it)

-Sunday alternate hats: Home cap- white crowned cap with red bill. Bird on bat cap logo. Road Cap- Current bird on bat hat, which is used for home

-Alternate jersey: Red alternate for home with a cardinals script in red and the all red STL cap.

CardinalsSubmit.png

C&C Please and stay tuned for more updates soon.

The away and white home cap are stunning. But sadly, the white cap doesn't go well with the white jersey IMO. I also think that blue socks would look better with the road. But the Alt. is perfect.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That Cardinals alternate is pretty good. Nice job with the road. I like the home cap and the option of a "bird" cap. I don't know if it was your intention or not, but that road cap seriously needs a white outline. Kind of like what my first Red Sox concept in my series had wrong with it. Just add a white outline and your set. 10/10

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Here is my next concept, the Milwaukee Brewers. First off, I would like to thank Kevinmets. His Brewers logo in his "What the MLB Primary Logos Should Be" was the inspiration for this concept.

The Brewers' classic Ball-in-glove logo is a fan-favorite. Their current look has potential, but is cluttered and generic. What I tried to do was take the current color scheme of gold and navy and integrate the BiG logo into it to give the Brewers a nice mix of current and past.

-Navy socks and belt for all uniforms

-Navy cap with recolored BiG Logo. Full blue for all uniforms, except for home alt, where brim is gold.

-Cleaned up Brewers and Milwaukee scripts. Eliminated 3-D and drop shadow to make a clean, 2-D script.

-Home jersey: Blue Brewers script with gold piping

-Home alt: Gold alternate jersey with a blue Brewers script and piping. As said above, gold brim on hat.

-Road jersey: Long overdue change of putting Milwaukee script on road jersey. Blue script and piping

-Road alt: Navy alternate with gold script and piping

-BiG logo recolored as sleeve-patch for all jerseys

BrewersSubmit.png

C&C Please! and stay tuned for more updates soon!

Thumbs up on getting rid of that drop shadow. I hate drop shadows in general because they clutter the uniform up, but I can stand it when the drop shadow is dark on SOME TEAMS(Reds are my biggest exception). A light gold drop shadow just blends in with white and gray. Anyways, I really love the BiG logo in the updated colors. I never realized how good that looks. Everything else is great(love that you put 'Milwaukee' on the road) except the home uniform. I'm not a fan of the gold piping because it tends to clash, and problem would arise when you have to put gold piping on the home pants and navy piping for the home alternate. To eliminate the extra pants problem, just having navy piping on everything except the navy road alternate would be great. I don't know why people don't like the ball-in-glove logo. It's a classic baseball logo that intricately designed and has a lot of history to it. You've got Molitor, Cecil Fielder, and Yount. 10/10

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Thumbs up on getting rid of that drop shadow. I hate drop shadows in general because they clutter the uniform up, but I can stand it when the drop shadow is dark on SOME TEAMS(Reds are my biggest exception). A light gold drop shadow just blends in with white and gray. Anyways, I really love the BiG logo in the updated colors. I never realized how good that looks. Everything else is great(love that you put 'Milwaukee' on the road) except the home uniform. I'm not a fan of the gold piping because it tends to clash, and problem would arise when you have to put gold piping on the home pants and navy piping for the home alternate. To eliminate the extra pants problem, just having navy piping on everything except the navy road alternate would be great. I don't know why people don't like the ball-in-glove logo. It's a classic baseball logo that intricately designed and has a lot of history to it. You've got Molitor, Cecil Fielder, and Yount. 10/10

Thanks for the feedback and for following my series so much, Piratesfan! But the one thing that I would like to clarify is that I do not believe int he extra pants problem. While sometimes in these situations, piping will clash, I don't think this or the Pirates concept will face that. For if the piping is gold on the home pants, even though it will be paired with blue piping on the home alt jersey, it is a gold jersey. Many teams have similar situations like this. Take the Rays navy blue alt. Some teams have piping on the pants but none on the jersey. I think that after I finish this series and get better at making concepts, I will get a more advanced template and focus on more of the litte things like pants piping, BP jerseys, etc, and possibly make a new MLB series, but that's far in the future.

Anyways, I didn't want to come off as bashful, I'm just not concerend with having two different pairs of pants.

Thanks for the feedback and for following my series so much, Piratesfan! But the one thing that I would like to clarify is that I do not believe int he extra pants problem. While sometimes in these situations, piping will clash, I don't think this or the Pirates concept will face that. For if the piping is gold on the home pants, even though it will be paired with blue piping on the home alt jersey, it is a gold jersey. Many teams have similar situations like this. Take the Rays navy blue alt. Some teams have piping on the pants but none on the jersey. I think that after I finish this series and get better at making concepts, I will get a more advanced template and focus on more of the litte things like pants piping, BP jerseys, etc, and possibly make a new MLB series, but that's far in the future.

Anyways, I didn't want to come off as bashful, I'm just not concerend with having two different pairs of pants.

I never thought of it that way. I reasearched this and found out that there's many offenders to my idea.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived