Fox's MLB Series

Fox

Thanks for all of the feedback on the Padres concept. Only three more concepts until round 1 of this series is complete! Now, it's time to unveil the Rockies. This was one of the first concepts that I made for this series. While I thought it looked awesome at the time, I'm not so sure about it. I desperately need some good scripts and logos to work with for the Rox... not my best work but here is my first attempt at the Rockies.

No point in listing changes since it's a full overhaul, but my main goal of this concept was to emphasize purple.

RockiesSubmit.png

C&C Please!

Dodgers, then Diamondbacks to finish out first go-around of the series! Stay tuned. (I promise those two will be better than this one...)

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that new logo. However, I think the purple socks look out of place with the black alternate, as purple is nowhere else to be found other than the hat brim. I recommend adding purple as a trim/piping colour to even out.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The new logo is awesome. I love how you incorporated the mountain into the 'C'. The execution of it is flawless to be honest. The only thing I'm not sure about is the black alternate. It's in desparate need of the some purple. It wouldn't be a problem with the White Sox, but I can't help but feeling it to be out of place when all three other jerseys have a lot of purple. Nothing much to complain about other than that. You've really improved since day one. Nice job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Thanks for the feedback on the Rockies. Now it's time to move on to a team with maybe the best uniform set in baseball, the LA Dodgers. The Dodgers uniform set looks great and on the regular home and roads, I can't think of many ways to improve. However, I saw this as an opportunity to give a classic team some alternate jerseys. Here are the changes:

-Pulled interlocking LA off of sleeves

-Home and Road otherwise untouched

-Dodger blue home alt... the Dodgers tried a blue alternate in 1999 and failed misserably. They had very odd looking piping, a grey brimmed hat, unneeded outline, and it was a mess. If the Dodgers want a good-looking blue alternate, all they need to do is inverse the blue and white on the top. I also added white sleeve piping.

-This is where I got really creative. While I could have taken the cliché route and given them a dodger blue road alternate as well, I decided to do something bold and different, and I created a home/road fauxback jersey with the Brooklyn script across the front which was used by the Brooklyn Dodgers. I also experimented with new elements for LA, like double-piping. I used a really bright powder blue, because I thought it made the Dodgers regular blue stand out better. It's wild, but give it a chance.

DodgersSubmit1.png

C&C Please!

Final concept of round one coming up next- Get pumped for the Arizona Diamondbacks!

Now we move on to the final MLB team- the Arizona Diamondbacks. When the DBacks unveiled their new uniform set prior to the 2007 season, reviews were mixed by fans. I personally like the change. I think the color scheme is perfect for an Arizona team, and I like the scripts. However I also feel like their uniform set is incomplete. There are many changes that I feel could vastly improve their set. Here they are:

-Sand home jerseys

-Black belt for all jerseys

-Brick socks for home, home alt, and road jersey

-Black socks for road alternate

-Simple: Brick home alt that reads DBacks, black road alt that reads Arizona. No more wearing black at home and brick on the road (seems backwards to me.)

-Added a snake triangle pattern to the sleeve cuffs on all jerseys

-Double piping for all jerseys

-Switched the two Dbacks cap logos. While I do like the snake D, I feel that the classic Arizona A is far superior. Recolored "A" cap logo and put it on a brick hat. To be used with all jerseys except black road alternate.

-Black road alt features black cap with a brick colored snake forming a D

Dbackssubmit.png

C&C Please!

*I'm still not sure as to what the future of this thread and this series is*

I'll get back to you guys within a few days on what I'm going to do, I'm still not sure yet.

Personally, I love those Diamondback uniforms. But one thing I'd do with the cap logos on the red hats is make the snake the sand color and make the current sand outline black. Or have you tried that look already? Good job.

That Brooklyn alternate is gorgeous! As for the Diamondbacks, I love that you brought back the snake-skin pipingfor the sleeves. The execution of it is perfect as well because everything's consistent. Honestly, the piping down the middle is a little much IMO. It doesn't look too good with the sleeves. I would go with a 'D' hat for home(since there's "D-backs" on the home) and the 'A' hat for road(since there's "Arizona" on the road). I love that you brought sand as the official home color. I always thought that it would work perfectly for the whole uniform set. 10/10

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The Angel ones are sick as hell. Great work on those.

I just wish the road unis still said "Anaheim" instead of "Angels" on it. Stupid Arte Moreno. Capitalizing on the "Los Angeles" brand name to get more money and attention. I hate looking at the Dodgers' box lettering reading LAD and the Angels' lettering reading as LAA.

As for the Diamondbacks, I love that you brought back the snake-skin piping for the sleeves. The execution of it is perfect as well because everything's consistent. Honestly, the piping down the middle is a little much IMO. It doesn't look too good with the sleeves. I would go with a 'D' hat for home(since there's "D-backs" on the home) and the 'A' hat for road(since there's "Arizona" on the road). I love that you brought sand as the official home color. I always thought that it would work perfectly for the whole uniform set. 10/10

^^^ This. I will add I don't like the colorway for the 'A' hat, as it's kinda difficult to make out what it is (being that I live in Arizona I'm used to it enough to notice it even as a black on black design). I'd even go as far to say use the current hats, 'D's at home, 'A's on road. As stated above, piping in the middle just doesn't look good to me. Other than that, 10/10.

It's been a little while since I've posted on here. I've decided that I am going to continue this series but in a new thread. I really want a fresh start so I am going to cycle through all 30 MLB teams again in my new thread, which I plan on starting in about a month. I want to thank everybody that commented in this thread and helped me, as I think my skills got a lot better from my first concepts to the end. All that I can ask is that I get my final round of comments and criticisms of all concepts throughout this series, as I take those ideas into consideration when I made my new series.

It's been real! See you soon!

Here is the new thread for Fox's MLB 2.0!

• 1 year later...

Archived