2011-12 European football thread

Viper

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like to see the Toon play for Top 10 in the table. They do that, I think it will be a good season.

Hopefully we use our transfer dollars to good use to make St James' the place it used to be.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Chelsea have taken something of a risk in appointing Porto manager Andre Villas-Boas as new manager. Lots of experienced, hard headed players to control at Chelsea.

Boa Si's arrival means the departure of many veterans, such as Drogba, Frank Lampard Anelka even vice team, he will build his team, Chelsea, on looking forward to next season! ! !

Drogba's departure would be good for Chelsea. At least there'd be no risk of players getting sent off for slapping opponents anymore.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I hope he plays well there. He never consistently performed with Barca and wasn't given totally a fair shot at a starting position since they signed Ibra last year and Villa this past year. Hes got loads of potential but hes gotta realize it and I hope he does in Roma.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Yes! I always thought he could become a Vucinic in his prime level player if he got a chance. The new ownership seems to be doing well so far. Luis Enrique will focus on the youth siystem, and with the talent that came out of there, it can only be good.

Totti-Boriello-Krkic will be a very good offense, and if they can get something decent in return for Vucinic they should be able to get someone to fill Mexes's role. Definitely hoping weplace better than 6th this year, but I think last year was just an anomaly were they just didn't click. They usually do well after poor season, so I could see another runner-up finish.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

How do you say "The Decision" in Catalan? After over a year of speculation and a few false starts, Cesc Fàbregas may finally be on the verge of pulling a reverse LeBron, taking his talents to his hometown club.

Just as well for Arsenal if you ask me. A top-four finish will be an uphill battle this coming season with or without Cesc anchoring the squad, so Arsène Wenger might as well blow up the squad and start rebuilding. Letting Cesc go should give him plenty of leeway to do just that.

CCSLC signature.png

How do you say "The Decision" in Catalan? After over a year of speculation and a few false starts, Cesc Fàbregas may finally be on the verge of pulling a reverse LeBron, taking his talents to his hometown club.

Just as well for Arsenal if you ask me. A top-four finish will be an uphill battle this coming season with or without Cesc anchoring the squad, so Arsène Wenger might as well blow up the squad and start rebuilding. Letting Cesc go should give him plenty of leeway to do just that.

la Decisió ;) It doesnt matter to me whether Cesc comes or not. I just want the situation to end once and for all. Hopefully we strengthen our backline. Puyols not getting any younger.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

I just wonder where he fits in. Does he want to ride the bench? Maybe theyre counting on him to be Xavis replacement when he calls it quits but I always thought his replacement to be Thiago Alcantera who just signed a contract extension and is one helluva player himself.

I just wonder where he fits in. Does he want to ride the bench? Maybe theyre counting on him to be Xavis replacement when he calls it quits but I always thought his replacement to be Thiago Alcantera who just signed a contract extension and is one helluva player himself.

thats what I was going to ask...where is he going to play in that team?

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

thats what I was going to ask...where is he going to play in that team?

Considering how long the courtship has gone on between Cesc and Barça, one can only assume the club has a plan in place for his joining up by now. Assuming Thiago himself isn't about to be moved as well, two possibilities come to mind:

1) They will be changing up the look of the starting XI, with other personnel moves and/or a new formation, to get them both on the pitch at the same time (this has the added benefit of rendering much of opponents' scouting dossiers on FCB obsolete),

or

2) They will be essentially alternating starts and subs, to keep both players reasonably fresh at all times (an important consideration, given that Barça like most elite clubs will be competing in at least three different campaigns at once), and as an insurance policy in case one of them is injured or booked.

CCSLC signature.png

I want him to go. He didn't play a good game since december. He looked very disoriented and bored since december so I think he gave our club everything he had to give. Thanks for all but move along now. Ramsey and Wilshere will be just fine without you. Go to that amateur league and play for that actors if you want. Just don't be like them please, keep your pride up like you learned in real football league. Thanks for the memories Cesc but it's time to make good money from your sale.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Like to see the Toon play for Top 10 in the table. They do that, I think it will be a good season.

Hopefully we use our transfer dollars to good use to make St James' the place it used to be.

Not looking so good lately...me thinks this is going to be a long season. I am not impressed with the use of transfer funds, including the extra 8 mil they're getting for Jose Enrique on top of the Carroll pot.

I have the feeling Barton is on the way out like Nolan...essentially they're replacing two EPL-proved players and replacing them with two yet-to-be-proven French league midfielders in Cabaye and Marveaux.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Not looking so good lately...me thinks this is going to be a long season. I am not impressed with the use of transfer funds, including the extra 8 mil they're getting for Jose Enrique on top of the Carroll pot.

I have the feeling Barton is on the way out like Nolan...essentially they're replacing two EPL-proved players and replacing them with two yet-to-be-proven French league midfielders in Cabaye and Marveaux.

It will be tough, especially with Barton ultimately on his way out, i'll be amazed if he sticks around, especially on a free transfer. Demba Ba I'm very intrigued about. Scored pretty much everywhere he's gone. Also i'm excited about the youth that's coming up.

Getting the points early and often will go along way in seeing if United can stay up.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

My 2011-12 EPL predictions

champions: Man United

runners up: Chelsea

champions league qualifiers: Man City and Liverpoll

Spurs and Arsenal 5th and 6th

Also inthe top 10: Stoke, Bolton, Villa, West Brom

bottom half but not in trouble: Fulham, Sunderland, QPR, Everton

Made to sweat but ultimately safe: Newcastle, Swansea, Wolves

Going down Norwich, Wigan, Blackburn Rovers

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions