2011-12 European football thread

Viper

I really don't want another crazy Newcastle/Arsenal game like last year. I'd be happy with a 0-0 draw, I know Pardew will have the boys playing tough, just hope they can keep their head above water.

Also my Canadian brethren that have access to it, Setanta Sports is on a free preview, not sure how long though.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumb question. Why couldn't they move the Spurs game to Everton and reverse the other fixture later in the year?

I would assume just ticket sales reasons? I mean, it seems to make sense to me.

This and policing, I think the law says police need at least 10 days notice for a soccer fixture.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Joey Barton has just cemented his title as the Premiership's biggest tool.

Though Gervinho's move in response (which earned him a straight red along with Barton's yellow) was mighty dumb as well.

CCSLC signature.png

Wishful thinking perhaps, but I will be unable to watch Chelsea vs. Stoke tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows of a website where I can watch the game later that day.

The Catalans will pay an initial guaranteed fee of ?29m for the midfielder, with another ?5m dependent on the number of trophies won during his time at Camp Nou, and a further ?5m is to be paid by the player himself from his salary.

Is this normal? Sounds a bit out there.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The Catalans will pay an initial guaranteed fee of ?29m for the midfielder, with another ?5m dependent on the number of trophies won during his time at Camp Nou, and a further ?5m is to be paid by the player himself from his salary.

Is this normal? Sounds a bit out there.

No, in fact that was one of the sticking points that was why it took so long for this deal to get done.

CCSLC signature.png

Barca wins the Spanish Super Copa! Cesc made a nice play to set up Messis game winning 2nd goal. What a wild ending too with Mourinho gouging the eye of a Barca assistant.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The wheels continue to fall off Arsenal's cannon. For the second straight Prem match, one of their newcomers (Frimpong) gets himself red-carded, and then a defensive blunder results in a game-winning own-goal for Liverpool - their first win at Arsenal since 2000.

CCSLC signature.png

That red card absolutely killed Arsenal. They had momentum and it killed it. Lazy tackle to boot. RVP and Walcott were terrible, Arshavin not much better.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

That red card absolutely killed Arsenal. They had momentum and it killed it. Lazy tackle to boot. RVP and Walcott were terrible, Arshavin not much better.

Frimpong looks like a younger, scrawnier Mr. T, but on this day he was tha fool to be pitied.

CCSLC signature.png

Ramsey was to be pitied too fool with the own goal, but to be honest Liverpool didnt look great either till Arsenal was down a man. I hear alot about them really contending for the title this year but so far I dont see it.

Big win for the Magpies in the Tyne and Wear Derby at the Stadium of Light. All I can say is I really hope Joey Barton doesn't go anywhere. I want him to be a pest in the Black and White tormenting everyone, not doing it in Red.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

After having watched the play a few times, I'm surprised Frimpong got just a second yellow. That looked like it should have been a straight red.

Ramsey was to be pitied too fool with the own goal, but to be honest Liverpool didnt look great either till Arsenal was down a man. I hear alot about them really contending for the title this year but so far I dont see it.

They're not there yet because the new signings need to gel and Suarez and Lucas need to overcome their lack of an offseason. I don't think the team will kick into gear until October or so by which time title contention will probably be out of the picture.

liverpool-1.png

Archived