Winnipeg Falcons

CreamSoda

The falcon is pretty good, but the font (type and placement) are really not doing you any favors whatsoever.

Thanks for the response.

I know the font is not good, I just threw that in there to get an idea for how a complete primary logo would look.

As for the bird, is there anything you would change or a color scheme that works best?

Thanks!

The initial color scheme you used reminds me of the Atlanta Hawks too much, and personally I'd keep the shade of blue you have and instead go with a metallic gold in place of the red. Furthermore, move the font down from the falcon's head so it doesn't overlap. Finally, the font screams Thrashers, and you probably want to separate from the Atlanta years permanently, so I would go with another font altogether. So that's my two cents.

The initial color scheme you used reminds me of the Atlanta Hawks too much, and personally I'd keep the shade of blue you have and instead go with a metallic gold in place of the red. Furthermore, move the font down from the falcon's head so it doesn't overlap. Finally, the font screams Thrashers, and you probably want to separate from the Atlanta years permanently, so I would go with another font altogether. So that's my two cents.

I like that gold idea! Thanks! The font is the Trashsers font, I just threw that on at the end kinda as a joke... It has now been removed! ;)

winfal2.jpg

It looks sorta like the bird has a Glasgow smile. I would end the mouth opening mark on the beak and stop it after the head begins. The eye also needs some work, it looks awkward having the head color in the corner of the eye.

Here it is with new colors!

MFalcons3.jpg

Thanks!

I prefer the original colours you used--they work well together and aren't jarring--the recolour is just glaring and doesn't work for me.

The green seems thrown in at random.

Blue & gold works for Winnipeg.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived