Toronto ranked 'worst sports city' by ESPN

Magnus

I take all of these "rankings" with a grain of salt.

There's no real method to them. How the hell do you rank on field effort? I'd say its about as subjective as you can get.

The Ultimate Team Rankings are just a small step above Titletown and Who's Now. Just something to provide filler during the Summer months.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a good time to post this that I made.

ESPN.png

All the photo sites make it small, but fun facts... The Spurs are the best, the Knicks are the worst, and they forgot the New York Giants in 2004.

Damn straight, and just like it should be. San Antonio is extremely loyal to their Spurs, and have always been considered the Green Bay of the NBA for how much they support their team.

>2011

>Taking ESPN seriously

We're still talking about ESPN folks. BOSTON BOSTON BOSTON YANKEES YANKEES YANKEES PATS PATS PATS STEELERS STEELERS STEELERS CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY.

Please don't care too much.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Crosby? I think you're overstating how much ESPN cares about hockey.

Unfortunately, you're right. :(

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Glad I didn't see the franchise rankings in 2003

Reds - 93rd

Bengals - 118th

Blue Jackets - 119th

Also, the Bengals were as high as 19th as recently as 2006. Now they're dead last. I hate this team so much.

I hear Mike Brown is leading the hardliners and actually wants to already spike the 2011 and 2012 season and completly break the players back and have an entire new structure where salaries dont rise above $5 million and team caps are set at $50 million with no lineman being able to make more the $500,000.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

How are the Lightning ranked higher than the Sabres? The Sabres have a great owner, great fans, a decent team, and great coaching. Every regular season game has a playoff atmosphere.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Glad I didn't see the franchise rankings in 2003

Reds - 93rd

Bengals - 118th

Blue Jackets - 119th

Also, the Bengals were as high as 19th as recently as 2006. Now they're dead last. I hate this team so much.

I hear Mike Brown is leading the hardliners and actually wants to already spike the 2011 and 2012 season and completly break the players back and have an entire new structure where salaries dont rise above $5 million and team caps are set at $50 million with no lineman being able to make more the $500,000.

I'd buy it. The guy is the cheapest of the cheap by all accounts. Isn't as bad as Bill Wirtz but he's not far off either.

The Nationals are ahead of the Red Sox in 2011.

And the Yankees are ahead of both of them?! Unless the chart's upside-down, it's lost all credibility.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I lost any remaining shred of respect I had for ESPN when they started that "Who's Now?" nonsense years ago.

Still trying to figure out what the hell it was about. Think half the people voting were as well. Is it a popularity contest? Is it whos the better athlete? The criteria was about as vague as you could get.

Again with the franchise rankings its not even worth getting upset over. It doesen't prove anything. The best franchise is the one that is the best at winning and making money with its available resources. Those are about the only two criteras I judge on. If things like fan relations, or player effort are really that bad then they'll show up at the box office and in the win/loss column.

>2011

>Taking ESPN seriously

We're still talking about ESPN folks. BOSTON BOSTON BOSTON YANKEES YANKEES YANKEES PATS PATS PATS STEELERS STEELERS STEELERS CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY.

You forgot something:

LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Tampa Bay Lightning- #2

Boston Bruins- #72

Really, ESPN?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

>2011

>Taking ESPN seriously

You forgot something:

LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON LEBRON

Don't forget the lockout.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I lost any remaining shred of respect I had for ESPN when they started that "Who's Now?" nonsense years ago.

I didn't mind "Who's Now?" when compared to their non-stop coverage of "ESPN4: The Neverending Saga of Our Lord and Savoir Brett Lorenzo Favre".

Sounds like a great new spin-off topic though... "When did you lose your last ounce of respect for The Worldwide Leader?".

6uXNWAo.png

I didn't mind "Who's Now?" when compared to their non-stop coverage of "ESPN4: The Neverending Saga of Our Lord and Savoir Brett Lorenzo Favre".

Sounds like a great new spin-off topic though... "When did you lose your last ounce of respect for The Worldwide Leader?".

As soon as they dropped NHL coverage, basically. For me.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived