2011 NBA Offesason Thread

BigMac12

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah. I think right now it's 5x more likely that the NBA doesn't get underway this fall and the NFL actually does. Guess College Basketball will have a new following in the fall months.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Andre Iguodala sweepstakes is heating up. Most sources are saying that the Clippers are the clear frontrunners. Golden State appeared to be strongly in the running, but apparently talks are breaking down because the Warriors are trying to force Biedrins' contract on the Sixers. The Cavs have entered the mix, and rumor has it that they are willing to part with the fourth pick in the draft - but the Sixers are equating that to "dumping" Iguodala, which they are unwilling to do. Laughably, the Wolves have offered Jonny Flynn in a package deal for Iguodala. I wonder if the Sixers responded by laughing and asking what the real offer is.

In short: OLSHEY, GET THIS DEAL DONE!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Lots of news about moving Paul Millsap here in Utah. Where and for what is unclear, but it seems from the sound of everything I've heard that he'll be gone soon.

Personally, I'd HATE to see him go, but with Derrick Favors on the rise, it'll have to be necessary to allow Favors the room to bloom, so to speak.

If the Jazz have to move him, it'll be interesting to see if they try to use him to get another high pick, maybe package him with the 13th and see who in the top 7 or 8 bite. I don't know if that's likely, but it could be worth a try. Although, as young as the Jazz core is now, it may be better to try and snag a veteran to help the young 'uns out.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hot rumor all over Twitter (for whatever that's worth): The Lakers would send Pao Gasol to the Timberwolves in exchange for Kevin Love & the #2 overall pick.

LOLGTFO.

6uXNWAo.png

Hot rumor all over Twitter (for whatever that's worth): The Lakers would send Pao Gasol to the Timberwolves in exchange for Kevin Love & the #2 overall pick.

LOLGTFO.

I was listening to this rumor last night on ESPN Radio last night and funny part is the T-Wolves are interested and would be willing to part with Love. Don't do it Minnesota.

Outside of draft picks I don't think you are going to see any movement.

The draft is really bad this year, which is one of the reasons why teams are so willing to give up their picks. You have multiple teams clearly in rebuilding mode shopping their picks for NBA vets. That just doesen't happen unless they think the draft class is going to be that bad. Kyrie Irving would not go top five in some years. Irving, Brandon Knight and Derrick Williams are the only players I could see becoming all-stars and I don't think any of them are a slam dunk this guy is going to be a superstar type player. Williams would be the closest.

I think the NBA is actually further apart with their CBA talks then the NFL is. I don't think the players are going to be too willing to take pay cuts just to prop up the New Orleans Hornets and that's what the NBA is going for.

Bynum is not Kevin Garnett. They also don't have a late 90's Sprewell and Cassell running the floor. T-Wolves deserve to continue they're time in the doldrums if they do this.

Don't feed the beast.

Minnesota would be giving up a player with the potential of Arizona's Derrick Williams for Andrew Freaking Bynum -- the most overrated player in the NBA today. Six seasons in the league. Zero all-star appearances. Averages 11 points per. Has never started more than 65 games in a single season. NOT an elite player and definitely NOT worth the #2 overall pick.

6uXNWAo.png

Never mind that - they think they can swap JONNY FREAKING FLYNN for Andre Iguodala.

I suffered through many years of Elgin Baylor's incompetent management as a Clippers fan. David Kahn is worse. Not only does he completely overrate his players, he obviously failed to take even a cursory glance at the Sixers' roster. They have too many guards as it is. How would adding another guard - one with NEGATIVE win shares, might I add - help the Sixers one iota?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Minnesota would be giving up a player with the potential of Arizona's Derrick Williams for Andrew Freaking Bynum -- the most overrated player in the NBA today. Six seasons in the league. Zero all-star appearances. Averages 11 points per. Has never started more than 65 games in a single season. NOT an elite player and definitely NOT worth the #2 overall pick.

I can understand Pau Gasol, but come one Bynum is one up on Kwame Brown. If I were GM I would laugh in the Lakers face

LOLGTFO.

I'm also reading now that Minnesota has offered the #2 pick straight-up for Andrew Bynum.

If this is true, the Wolves are f-cking nuts.

Minnesota would be giving up a player with the potential of Arizona's Derrick Williams for Andrew Freaking Bynum -- the most overrated player in thew NBA today. Six seasons in the league. Zero all-star appearances. Averages 11 points per. Has never started more than 65 games in a season. NOT an elite player and NOT worth the #2 overall pick.

Ah, David Kahn. Normally I'd laugh at these trade rumors (it's the offseason & the Lakers didn't win a title. You're gonna hear rumors of Luke Walton & Theo Ratliff for Dwight Howard.), but with THAT guy running the show in Minnesota, every single one of these rumors are credible. You could very well see any one of these trades happen.

Also, surprising nobody, Kyrie Irving will more than likely be this year's #1 pick. The only question is whether or not the Cavs will find a way to end up with Williams, too.

Above all else, CBA ends on July 9th. Summer League has been canceled. I'm not too hopeful about the NBA starting on time in November, which is a shame considering this past season was one of the most entertaining in recent memory & the NBA's popularity is at an all-time high. I just hope we get to see a shortened season at best.

Well wouldn't it be wise of the Cavs to draft Williams first? Can't see the Wolves drafting another point guard but Irving might be to good to pass up and will he even make it past Utah at 3? Very doubtful.

Cavs are just going to have to be happy with Irving and get Kanter at 4 maybe.

I was watching NBATV last night, their draft special, and David Aldridge seems to believe it's possible that if the Cavaliers don't draft Irving number one, they'll draft Derrick Williams number one and then Kemba Walker fourth overall. To me, the Cavaliers are essentially an expansion team devoid of a lot of talent, so this would make sense, since I'm not all that enamored with Kyrie Irving who only played 11 games until suffering a toe injury. To me, he's still unproven, unpolished, and to my eye, he doesn't strike me as a Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, or even Deron Williams. Thoughts?

There are rumors about the Phoenix Suns trading Robin Lopez to the Golden State Warriors for the 11th pick and Ekpe Udo according to KTAR in Phoenix

I swear, the Phoenix Suns are cursed in the Center department.

Archived