2011 NBA Offesason Thread

BigMac12

Above all else, CBA ends on July 9th. Summer League has been canceled. I'm not too hopeful about the NBA starting on time in November, which is a shame considering this past season was one of the most entertaining in recent memory & the NBA's popularity is at an all-time high. I just hope we get to see a shortened season at best.

What do you think the Hawks could try to do this offseason?

The only way I see a player of significance coming here is if Josh Smith gets traded away, which is something the owners probably don't want to do. Horford's the centerpiece, Joe Johnson can't go anywhere, and the PG-tandem of Hinrich and Teague sounds really good. I'm not sure how much cap room the Hawks have (could have).

Crawford's likely gone, Marvin Williams seems to be dead-weight, and the rest of the bench doesn't scare anyone, unless Collins plays against the Magic. At least, that's the vibe I get from listening to talk-radio....

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Wolves will take Irving if he's there. Which makes no sense to get another PG. But you know the Wolves, just trying to screw the season up again. Why not take a Center or Power Forward and get Darko out of the lineup? Makes me wonder what's really going on over there.

Hot rumor all over Twitter (for whatever that's worth): The Lakers would send Pao Gasol to the Timberwolves in exchange for Kevin Love & the #2 overall pick.

LOLGTFO.

I'm also reading now that Minnesota has offered the #2 pick straight-up for Andrew Bynum.

If this is true, the Wolves are f-cking nuts.

Minnesota would be giving up a player with the potential of Arizona's Derrick Williams for Andrew Freaking Bynum -- the most overrated player in thew NBA today. Six seasons in the league. Zero all-star appearances. Averages 11 points per. Has never started more than 65 games in a season. NOT an elite player and NOT worth the #2 overall pick.

Ah, David Kahn. Normally I'd laugh at these trade rumors (it's the offseason & the Lakers didn't win a title. You're gonna hear rumors of Luke Walton & Theo Ratliff for Dwight Howard.), but with THAT guy running the show in Minnesota, every single one of these rumors are credible. You could very well see any one of these trades happen.

Also, surprising nobody, Kyrie Irving will more than likely be this year's #1 pick. The only question is whether or not the Cavs will find a way to end up with Williams, too.

Above all else, CBA ends on July 9th. Summer League has been canceled. I'm not too hopeful about the NBA starting on time in November, which is a shame considering this past season was one of the most entertaining in recent memory & the NBA's popularity is at an all-time high. I just hope we get to see a shortened season at best.

If Khan does to this the Lakers should invite him to their parades and give him a ring, while the T-Wolves are demoted to the D-League.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I really, really, really want the Cavs to take D-Will #1 overall and hope that Brandon Knight can fall to that #4 pick. IMO, D-Will's the best player in the draft, and I'm still not convinced with Irving. I don't think he can be a Rose or Paul, and at that point, why use the #1 pick on that guy?

6fQjS3M.png

I really, really, really want the Cavs to take D-Will #1 overall and hope that Brandon Knight can fall to that #4 pick. IMO, D-Will's the best player in the draft, and I'm still not convinced with Irving. I don't think he can be a Rose or Paul, and at that point, why use the #1 pick on that guy?

They need to take the player who they have has their highest rated player, regardless of position at #1. With their next pick, at #4 or following a trade, they need to do the same.

If he does not become Rose or Deron Williams, that's fine in the East as long as he becomes equal to quys like Rondo, Jennings or Wall.

I did not realize how putrid the Timberwolves roster was.

I'm still not convinced with Irving. I don't think he can be a Rose or Paul, and at that point, why use the #1 pick on that guy?

Am I the only one who thinks that the fact that Irving played at Duke is more than enough reason not to use the #1 pick on him? It's not because I'm a "Duke hater." It's because, if memory serves, Duke players (especially their guards) aren't exactly known for tearing up the NBA. Then again, before this past season, I hadn't been paying much attention to basketball so maybe Duke players are doing better than they used to.

BB52Big.jpg

Hot rumor all over Twitter (for whatever that's worth): The Lakers would send Pao Gasol to the Timberwolves in exchange for Kevin Love & the #2 overall pick.

LOLGTFO.

I'm also reading now that Minnesota has offered the #2 pick straight-up for Andrew Bynum.

Minnesota would be giving up a player with the potential of Arizona's Derrick Williams for Andrew Freaking Bynum -- the most overrated player in thew NBA today. Six seasons in the league. Zero all-star appearances. Averages 11 points per. Has never started more than 65 games in a season. NOT an elite player and NOT worth the #2 overall pick.

Ah, David Kahn. Normally I'd laugh at these trade rumors (it's the offseason & the Lakers didn't win a title. You're gonna hear rumors of Luke Walton & Theo Ratliff for Dwight Howard.), but with THAT guy running the show in Minnesota, every single one of these rumors are credible. You could very well see any one of these trades happen.

The T-Wolves know that the fan base is getting tired of the losing...not that we're complaining, but moreso that we're forgetting the team even exists. Therefore, I would not be surprised to see one of these ridiculous trades happen.

But come one, Kahn. I understand wanting Gasol, but to give up Love AND the #2?. One or the other I get, but why does every trade rumor involving this team involve giving up two things for one? As for #3 for Bynum, come on. I cannot say anything that others have not said. And this is the guy that tried to injure a player on an opposing team when the series was slipping away. How do you think he'll handle losing 60 games per year? For that matter, it would be pretty demoralizing for Gasol to have to go from the warm weather and contention of LA to the 8 month winters and consistent losing of Minnesota. He'd probably just retire.

I hate to say it, but the people of Minnesota will have to be patient. There are some good young players here...of course none will want to stay...really, I can't think of one reason not to contract this team.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

LOLGTFO.

The T-Wolves know that the fan base is getting tired of the losing...not that we're complaining, but moreso that we're forgetting the team even exists. Therefore, I would not be surprised to see one of these ridiculous trades happen.

But come one, Kahn. I understand wanting Gasol, but to give up Love AND the #2?. One or the other I get, but why does every trade rumor involving this team involve giving up two things for one? As for #3 for Bynum, come on. I cannot say anything that others have not said. And this is the guy that tried to injure a player on an opposing team when the series was slipping away. How do you think he'll handle losing 60 games per year? For that matter, it would be pretty demoralizing for Gasol to have to go from the warm weather and contention of LA to the 8 month winters and consistent losing of Minnesota. He'd probably just retire.

I hate to say it, but the people of Minnesota will have to be patient. There are some good young players here...of course none will want to stay...really, I can't think of one reason not to contract this team.

It's gonna be awhile, but it's not like the Wolves have nothing. Johnson is a really good shooter if he touches the ball a lot. Beasley shows signs of greatness some games. Love is a great rebounder who can shoot really well. Randolph could be somewhat dominant if he gets the time. Flynn and Ridnour can switch out because both of them are pretty brutal. Getting Williams or Kanter could really help the team because Darko's left handed hook is honestly terrible and he's just slowing down the young guns. In my opinion they're not really that bad they're just young and need more experience, coaching, and chemistry. The tools are there, they're just not sharp yet.

In the last 48 hours, Iguodala has been rumored to be traded to the Clippers, Warriors, Cavs, Timberwolves, and now staying in Philly... all by "unnamed sources," might I add.

I hate the NBA media so much.

To add to the rumors, his name (Iggy) has swirlled around Orlando as well. But now the attention has shifted to Josh Smith of the Hawks. There are rumors of a Jameer Nelson & Ryan Anderson for Josh Smith trade going around, all from an "unknown source". Dwight Howarsd and Josh Smith are childhood friends who grew up playing AAU ball together, he would be a nice fit (if true).

I as well hate the NBA media, especially Chris Broussard of ESPN, I swear that guy just throws darts at a board full of NBA teams and players and runs with whatever it lands on.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Sixers president Rod Thorn met with the soon-to-be new owners, and one of the things they discussed is what they'd like to see done with Iguadala. The Sixers have always been reluctant to trade him, despite how little their ever-shrinking fan base thinks of him, so maybe the new guys want him gone. Still don't understand why anyone would buy the team under the terms it's being sold for, but I guess that's why their billionairs and I'm only a thousandaire.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived