2011 NBA Offesason Thread

BigMac12

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when are the Lakers letting David Kahn propose trades for them?

How are Odom and Brand going to play together? How is Odom going to stay motivated? And Luke freaking Walton? They're joking, right? Furthermore, the Sixers aren't enthusiastic about getting Chris Kaman because his contract is expiring. In that case, why would they take on Odom's expiring contract? They certainly wouldn't do it for the sweetener (Walton), that's for sure.

Luckily, as Neil Olshey says, by the time a trade rumor hits the Internet, it's probably dead. Seeing as how we haven't heard a Clippers Iguodala-related rumor in a while, that might be a good sign.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Trade confirmed as a done deal:

The Bucks receive: Stephen Jackson, Beno Udrih, and the No.19 pick from Charlotte

The Kings receive: John Salmons and the No.10 from the Bucks

The Bobcats receive: Corey Maggette and the No. 7 pick from Sacramento

Can't really pass judgment on this deal until we see who they drafted...but right now, everybody got worse. :P

EDIT: Looking at the money involved...the Bucks won this deal. They shed Salmons & Maggette. Big win for Milwaukee, here. Everybody else took an L.

I think the Nets have to resign Kris Humphries. He is developing chemistry with DWILL and Lopez. Also Kim Kardashian said she would become a season ticket holder for the Nets if he resigns with them. :grin::grin:

Also, the Nets are a horrible drafting team so expect them to get a bust tonight.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Above all else, CBA ends on July 9th. Summer League has been canceled. I'm not too hopeful about the NBA starting on time in November, which is a shame considering this past season was one of the most entertaining in recent memory & the NBA's popularity is at an all-time high. I just hope we get to see a shortened season at best.

It's that bad that the league is going to have to HOPE for a shortened season?

Sixers president Rod Thorn met with the soon-to-be new owners, and one of the things they discussed is what they'd like to see done with Iguadala. The Sixers have always been reluctant to trade him, despite how little their ever-shrinking fan base thinks of him, so maybe the new guys want him gone. Still don't understand why anyone would buy the team under the terms it's being sold for, but I guess that's why their billionairs and I'm only a thousandaire.

What the hell, I thought Philadelphia liked the Sixers. I guess the Flyers get the bulk of the support by a mile?

Philly only likes the Sixers when they're good and they don't have anyone that you'd pay to see (not Iguodala, not Brand, not Holiday). The Phillies and Eagles sell out every game and are tops in the city, with the Flyers right behind them...

Phila doesn't "dislike" the sixers, it's just that once Pat Croce departed as president, it was clear that the ownership didn't really care about them and didn't put competent basketball in charge. They became the anti-flyers - a team that's just kinda there. Irrelevant, if you will.

Doug Collins has helped a lot as far as winning people back, but as long as they're just the Flyers neglected little brother, it's hard for people to care.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Above all else, CBA ends on July 9th. Summer League has been canceled. I'm not too hopeful about the NBA starting on time in November, which is a shame considering this past season was one of the most entertaining in recent memory & the NBA's popularity is at an all-time high. I just hope we get to see a shortened season at best.

It's that bad that the league is going to have to HOPE for a shortened season?

The gulf between the players & owners is wider than the one in the NFL. The next-to-last time the two groups had serious talks, the owners proposed a $45 Million hard salary cap, and apparently the players' response to that resulted in them almost recreating the climax of "Enemy of the State". Then the last time they had talks, the owners still proposed a hard cap, and the players just are not going to accept a hard cap. If this sounds familiar, it's because this is almost a mirror image of the labor issues that the NHL had a few years ago.

So yeah, it'd be a huge shock/miracle if we see all 82 next season.

EDIT: Ron Artest has legally changed his name to Metta World Peace. The name on the back of his jersey will read "PEACE." Ron Artest, ladies & gentlemen.

What do I see happening?

'Jahgee' giving us the first 11 picks immediately after they are announced.

If he weren't suspended, pretty sure he'd go deeper than the first 11.

6uXNWAo.png

What do I see happening?

He'd have us the whole 2 rounds before we could watch it ourselves.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

What do I see happening?

He has been reinstated. That is all I will say there.

The 'wolves may have some issues as Williams still thinks that he is better at the 3 as opposed to playing the 4, where he should.

So, the Jazz take Kanter. Too bad that Derrick Williams wasn't available at #3, but Kanter looks promising. I'm feeling Alec Burks if Jimmer isn't around at #12.

If he wears the number 0, I hope he doesn't turn out like the last Jazz player to wear zero (00):

greg-ostertag.jpg

Ostertag's position in that photo is on par with matching his (in)famous tatoo:

greg+ostertag3.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

So, the Jazz take Kanter. Too bad that Derrick Williams wasn't available at 3, but Kanter looks promising.

Interesting pick....I guess that leaves the possibility for Jimmermania at 12? I'm not saying I think they picked Kanter over Knight for that reason, but if Jimmer's still around at 12, it's hard to imagine they'd pass on him. I was expecting Knight at 3, so I'm very interested now to see which route they take with this next pick.

As for Kanter, I haven't seen a whole lot of him, but everything I've read seems pretty promising. Let's just hope he pans out like some out there say he will!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived