A's wearing Home Alt on road since there magical!

The Golden One

As everyone knows the A's have the new home Gold Alt's this year. Well the only time they had worn them all year was when Gio Gonzales pitches. Since that starter picks the jersey and he was the only one to do so. That was until last Wednesday. That day Josh Outman chose to wear them and they won. Well the next day was Gio's start so you knew they would wear them that day as he always chooses the alts. Well they won again. So on Friday Graham Godfrey sticks with the gold. All he does is go out and beat Tim Lincecum for his first major league win. (A's #10 starter vs Possible N.L. #1 starter.) Was lowest round pick to ever beat Lincecum. 34th round pick beats pick #10 overall. So on Saturday Guillermo Moscoso would have to pick the Gold. Good thing cause the wins keep coming. Next up Trevor Cahill who has struggled mightily the last month and a half, puts on the Gold for the first time. Winning a 2-1 affair over Matt Cain and finishing off a sweep of the World Champs.

Well know the A's had to go on the road, where green is their alt and gold is just a home alt. Here are the tweets from before the game:

susanslusser Susan Slusser

No yellow jerseys tonight, but good chance they’ll fly in by private jet – no joke. When? Well, we know Gio loves the gold tops. #Athletics

Susan Slusser

No yellow jerseys tonight, but good chance they’ll fly in by private jet – no joke. When? Well, we know Gio loves the gold tops.

Joe Stiglich

Turns out gold jerseys did get packed. #Athletics wearing them as they emerge from clubhouse. They weren’t hanging in lockers earlier!

Or I’m blind and they’ve just come out wearing them. Sneaky #Athletics!

and here they are:

LCKue2FH.jpg5858602536_5f4eaf497a.jpg

Oh yea, they currently are leading 4-1..... make that 6-1 now ;)

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That green cap needs a yellow brim.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I actually think the current road cap compliments the gold jersey well.

I think it does too.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised at how nice these look on the road. I didn't think the yellow jersey would look good with gray pants, but it looks fine.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That green cap needs a yellow brim.

I actually think the current road cap compliments the gold jersey well.

I thought it would go great with a hat like this and piping on the pants

5858184003_ab2568cace_m.jpg

I agree as well.

The road greens don't look as good as the home with the athletic-gold alternates, but they still look great and legitimate.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

On my high school team we had vegas gold alternate jerseys. Our coach resisted for the longest time and after a losing streak finally relented and let us wear them with the gray pants. It looked ugly as :censored:, but we strung together a winning streak.

Yellow looks much better with the gray pants than our gold jerseys did.

PvO6ZWJ.png

ha gets better:

Equipment manager Steve Vucinich cops to secret plan to bring gold jerseys. He unveiled them to players after BP. #Athletics

4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

The "Mark Richt black jersey" trick....

Archived