Richmond Tigers (AFL) new logo?

rmered

Great Update on Richmond's logo! I like it a lot!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is clearly Cato design work (cato.com.au), the same company that did new Geelong and Hawthorn logo. I like it as well, but I would keep the circular border around the head just to honor the Richmond tradition, and have new Tiger head. What I don't like in this logo (same as Hawks) is that there is no one color border, so when logo goes on the different color background, the logo itself has to change a bit... But all in all, it's an upgrade for sure. I hope they get a better NAB cup jumpers and practice jumpers, as those from this year are just terrible.

• 3 months later...

Got an e-mail from the Tigers this afternoon announcing their new logo. It includes a new full-body logo, along with the shield version.

logolaunch.jpg

Applications of the new logo and wordmark on merchandise can be seen here, and of course any new logo launch these days needs an accompanying video, so here's that.

My initial criticisms: While an upgrade on the whole, the head does still seem unnaturally detached from the body, especially on the shield. And the wordmark seems a bit too much like Melbourne's.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Got an e-mail from the Tigers this afternoon announcing their new logo. It includes a new full-body logo, along with the shield version.

logolaunch.jpg

Applications of the new logo and wordmark on merchandise can be seen here, and of course any new logo launch these days needs an accompanying video, so here's that.

My initial criticisms: While an upgrade on the whole, the head does still seem unnaturally detached from the body, especially on the shield. And the wordmark seems a bit too much like Melbourne's.

The jersey looks pretty sharp, its an upgrade.

baltimoreravens.png

That's just the NAB Cup (preseason) jersey, when teams tend to get a bit experimental in the design department *cough*Hawthorn argyles*cough*. The regular-season kits will be the classic black with yellow diagonal sash.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So it's official... they will finish 9th next season with a new logo...

My hope for this past season was 13th. 9th would be nice. Finals would be fantastic. Not completely falling apart in the middle of the season would be spectacular.

Geelong, Hawthorn and this Richmond one look like they were designed by the same people...

These two do all the AFL's graphics: http://www.cato.com.au/ or http://www.r-co.com.au/home.aspx

That includes new club logos.

Actually, Richmond's new visual brand package wasn't designed by either Cato Partners or R-Co. It is, in fact, the work of a company called Canyon.

Cato was responsible for the new Geelong and Hawthorne logos.

Never liked the super-detailed one. But there's something about the connection between the head and the body on the new one that doesn't sit well with my brain.

agreed. something struck me as a little off when i first saw the logo.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I love the new one, but it's pretty clear to me that they designed the head logo first and then later decided to create a full-body version.

Much as with the Bengals, actually, where the head doesn't sit quite right on the body.

bengals_logo.gif

I love both full-body tiger logos, but they're each just a bit off.

logolaunch.jpg

The whole tiger version looks like this

tiger-logofw.jpg

6299ssss1378.png

Hmm, for some reason I don't think that looks as good as the tiger logo shown in the e-mail. In fact, they look quite different.

Is the entire logo package, including all secondaries, etc, viewable somewhere?

Archived