New York Knicks Logos

paynomind

I hadn't seen their logos all represented without the black, or with the "Knicks" ball. Am I incorrect, or is this an ammended logo set?

327188713.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1308752972&Signature=Yxu3LoHd6lsIobyD4u11vZydCz0%3D

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

That's definitely an ammended logo set.

Assuming this is legit, it looks like...

1)Their new primary logo is what we thought it would be.

2)Black is still in their color scheme, so maybe there won't be a change in uniforms.

3)The secondary "Knicks-in-ball" logo is brand new.

Thanks for sharing, by the way.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

OK good...then I'll finally post the sRGB versions:

Primary Logo:

NewYorkKnicks_PML1a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Partial Logo:

NewYorkKnicks_PAR1a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Secondary Logo 1:

NewYorkKnicks_SEL1a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Secondary Logo 2:

NewYorkKnicks_SEL2a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Uniform Wordmark 1:

NewYorkKnicks_UNS1a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Uniform Wordmark 2:

NewYorkKnicks_UNS2a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

As I mentioned in the other thread, the shades of Blue, Orange and Silver have all been changed from the previous set. This eliminates the use of a lighter Blue to be used in the logos, as opposed to the darker one for the uniforms. What I'll say however, is that I would not expect the actual uniform fabric/textile color to change, since this new shade of Blue translates to the Blue they've been using.

Looks good -- but why are they keeping black on the token logo?

Maybe because they are waiting till 2012-13 to reveal new uniforms that don't include black? I remember somewhere seeing the news that they will wait another season before unveiling a full new uni set (due in part to the large number of current-era unis selling of Melo when he came to the team).

Hopefully we'll see an orange alt uni this season that doesnt use black and trends toward what they will look like in 2012-13.

Anywho, I too like the simplicity of the new "secondary logo 1," but I still prefer the iconic look of the subway coin secondary.

OK good...then I'll finally post the sRGB versions:

Primary Logo:

NewYorkKnicks_PML1a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Partial Logo:

NewYorkKnicks_PAR1a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Secondary Logo 1:

NewYorkKnicks_SEL1a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Secondary Logo 2:

NewYorkKnicks_SEL2a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Uniform Wordmark 1:

NewYorkKnicks_UNS1a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Uniform Wordmark 2:

NewYorkKnicks_UNS2a_2012-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

As I mentioned in the other thread, the shades of Blue, Orange and Silver have all been changed from the previous set. This eliminates the use of a lighter Blue to be used in the logos, as opposed to the darker one for the uniforms. What I'll say however, is that I would not expect the actual uniform fabric/textile color to change, since this new shade of Blue translates to the Blue they've been using.

I'm glad they went with the deeper blue (I'm assuming that's what that is). It looks a lot better than the dull, faded looking blue they were using before. Plus the uniforms looked better with the newer shade.

Hopefully we'll see an orange alt uni this season that doesnt use black and trends toward what they will look like in 2012-13.

I know that we are all just stating our opinions here, but I don't think the Knicks would look good in an orange alternate.

I feel that orange is one of those colors that is so garish that it should really only be worn as an NBA jersey for teams who are substantially orange in identity. It makes some sense for the Suns because of their "sun" identity, it made sense for the Bobcats because they started out as primarily orange (which they aren't really any more), and it made sense for the Warriors because of the whole Golden Gate Orange thing.

Generally speaking I think NBA teams should avoid garish orange jerseys unless their identity strongly calls for one. Especially the Knicks whose orange seems to be very bright.

are the Knicks and Wizards the only team changing logos this season?

I believe so.

I'm also wondering what we'll be seeing at center court at MSG. I'm predicting the new secondary logo. I feel that it would look better (more smooth and less clunky) at center court than the new primary, and I don't think the subway token will be there, since it features black.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

So will this be another case where the secondary is really the primary for all intents and purposes?

Yeah it seems like the token logo is now the "primary," which is a bit odd since its the only logo with black now. I suppose theyre going for more of a smooth transition of losing the black.

I'd also like to express my dismay at the boring nature of this "branding" offseason. Hopefully we get some cool alternate unis from a couple teams...

I'm glad they went with the deeper blue (I'm assuming that's what that is). It looks a lot better than the dull, faded looking blue they were using before. Plus the uniforms looked better with the newer shade.

As I mentioned, I don't believe the Blue in the uniforms is changing. Both the "Uniform" Blue in the old identity and the Blue in the new identity match to this color in Pantone Textile terms:

PTX_19-3952_TCX_SRGB.png

(Yes - the most unfortunate color description in the Pantone Textile library.)

As I mentioned, I don't believe the Blue in the uniforms is changing. Both the "Uniform" Blue in the old identity and the Blue in the new identity match to this color in Pantone Textile terms:

PTX_19-3952_TCX_SRGB.png

(Yes - the most unfortunate color description in the Pantone Textile library.)

With names like that, who do they think they are... Crayola?!

Archived