NashVille Predators New Logos

BLUELANDbeliever

You know, yellow against white isn't going to look very good. It certainly doesn't in basketball. I hope teams bring their home darks to Nashville.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, yellow against white isn't going to look very good. It certainly doesn't in basketball. I hope teams bring their home darks to Nashville.

i couldn't agree more.

i'm allll about the predators having a yellow jersey in their home/road combo... but do it the way the kings and seals did it. preds in navy at home, yellow on the road would be perfect.

and bring back a little bit of silver for me? please?

I give it two years, tops, before we see a navy alternate out of Nashville.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Disappointed they didn't keep any silver to keep some resemblance to the first half of the franchise history and to separate themselves a bit from the other blue and yellow teams. Not sure the point of only having the shoulder patch on one side either, looks real odd.

Wait - wut? Didn't notice that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

eww. I don't like that business with the patch only on one side. Phoenix does that and it doesn't feel right. Nashville's will be even worse because the pick logo is symmetrical and large which will throw the balance towards one side.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just a couple of thoughts:

1) If the WV Mountaineers were an NHL team, this would be their uniforms (with different logos, of course);

2) I hope Jamie Langenbrunner or James Van Riemsdyk don't land on this team (not to mention Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond)... otherwise I don't know how they'd fit their last names without stepping over the piping;

3) Is this now a Blue + Yellow team? (like the Blues and Sabres) Or more like a Yellow + Blue team??? (NHL-unique, so far)

4) No silver...no black...no dark jerseys..... No Problem!!!

Overall I like the new look... hopefully they'll stick with this identity and only tweak their uniforms as needed over time...

1) If the WV Mountaineers were an NHL team, this would be their uniforms (with different logos, of course);

2) I hope Jamie Langenbrunner or James Van Riemsdyk don't land on this team (not to mention Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond)... otherwise I don't know how they'd fit their last names without stepping over the piping;

3) Is this now a Blue + Yellow team? (like the Blues and Sabres) Or more like a Yellow + Blue team??? (NHL-unique, so far)

4) No silver...no black...no dark jerseys..... No Problem!!!

Overall I like the new look... hopefully they'll stick with this identity and only tweak their uniforms as needed over time...

This is a Yellow+Blue team (NHL-unique)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Unless the Predators wear yellow or white helmets with the yellow jerseys then that can't happen.

Like Sodboy said, in two years they'll have some whacky navy alternate that will within a year replace the regular home jersey. Then they'll wear mismatched jerseys at home and on the road for a couple years, and then they'll trot out a white version of the new navy jersey and retire this set's white jerseys. Rinse and repeat.

PvO6ZWJ.png

WVU has two teams, ACHA Division 1 and Division 2

LockerRoom1.jpg

Their roads are blue versions of that. They're all about blue-and-gold, not the reverse.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

0624-nsh-originalplan.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1308936013162

OR

0623-nsh-jerseysleaked.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1308875834424

Which do you prefer?

This is going to take some getting used to. While the colours of the new ones are vastly superior, the design of the jersey is not. Guess you can't have everything. If they removed the arch piping it would be perfect.

I thought I'd show a comparison between the Predators' old color palette vs. the new one for 2011-2012:

NashvillePredators_FRC_2011_SCC_SRGB.png

NashvillePredators_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

A couple of notes:

1. Yes, the old alt jersey crest was still an official secondary mark through 2010-2011.

2. I'll miss that Steel color. It was a unique color in the Big 4 (even 5), and I think it should have been used in the new identity as well.

I love the fact that they are going with 2 neutral colors as a uniform set (yellow and white). Throughout history teams have either had a white uniform with a dark, or a yellow uniform with a dark, but I don't recall any teams (outside of the WHA's Chicago Cougars back in the 1970s) that went with that uniform combo.

The new primary logo is sharp looking but I miss the detail of the older logo (especially the eyes). I personally think the non-mustard version of the tiger head (on their now defunct thirds) is the best version of the logo.

The new guitar pick secondary logo is cool and all, but I think it pales in comparison to that awesome fossilized saber-tooth tiger skull logo.

The generic looking "NP" is the biggest disappointment of all the new logos. It pales in comparison to the old "fanged" NP logo from a few years ago.

This one

jowbip604vfeuh8t0ha8p5udv.gif

Overall though I think this new set is pretty cool looking.

The Catch of the Day!

CWx, is it safe to assume that the Preds' "new" colors are exactly the same as their previous dark blue and gold?

The Navy and Gold are both slightly brighter.

No - they're exactly the same shades.

The new sabertooth still looks way better than the cyborg sabertooth they were rocking for the past decade. The new one actually looks like it has an eye, and not some optical lens, and personally I prefer the new NP as well. It looks a lot better than the previous logo that felt more suited to be on a baseball cap than a hockey jersey.

I love the fact that they are going with 2 neutral colors as a uniform set (yellow and white). Throughout history teams have either had a white uniform with a dark, or a yellow uniform with a dark, but I don't recall any teams (outside of the WHA's Chicago Cougars back in the 1970s) that went with that uniform combo.

The new primary logo is sharp looking but I miss the detail of the older logo (especially the eyes). I personally think the non-mustard version of the tiger head (on their now defunct thirds) is the best version of the logo.

The new guitar pick secondary logo is cool and all, but I think it pales in comparison to that awesome fossilized saber-tooth tiger skull logo.

The generic looking "NP" is the biggest disappointment of all the new logos. It pales in comparison to the old "fanged" NP logo from a few years ago.

This one

jowbip604vfeuh8t0ha8p5udv.gif

Overall though I think this new set is pretty cool looking.

This would make a great looking shoulder patch. I'll second Cwx on the opinion they should have kept the "steel" in their palette.

Archived