NashVille Predators New Logos

BLUELANDbeliever

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice clean up job. The old one was way too detailed. Hopefully the use of the new colors will stray far enough from St. Louis and Buffalo, meaning that yellow will have a big role.

Also, I just now realized what the 3 stars meant. All this time the Titans have been using them, I always thought they represented the 3 eras of the team (Houston Oilers, Tennessee Oilers, Tennessee Titans). Which is very silly, I just remember hearing that somewhere and not thinking twice about it.

sig.png

Don't know what it is 'bout those Predators logos

but I like it, I love it, I want some more of it

du nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh HEY! YOU SUCK!

Very good upgrade. Streamlining it makes it look cleaner and the alternate logo's just fantastic for a shoulder patch. Just gotta wait on the jerseys, but it looks like Nashville's heading in the right direction with their identity

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Nice - I like it, though that yellow streak in the middle makes it look like an egg yolk or something.

I do love that edit with the yellow and white inverted... it does look better in mostly yellow.

The secondary is cool too, like the guitar-pick thing, very cool.

How is the guitar pick gimmicky? It's just a shape and it doesn't even read as a guitar pick right away. If it hadn't been pointed out to me, I still wouldn't have figured it out yet.

If it were a guitar or music note, then it'd be gimmicky, but a guitar pick allows it to both be a nod to the city's musical history and also house the NP and Tennessee three stars. It'll look as good on the shoulders as any of the other shoulder logos in the league. It's not the whole identity

You want gimmicky?

nashville_sounds_guitar_scoreboard.jpg

200px-NashvilleKats.png

4J2FwEK3.jpg

That's gimmicky. A flat guitar pick, not so much.

PvO6ZWJ.png

To me, it's gimmicky because it's a knee-jerk association with the city of Nashville. It has nothing to do with the Nashville Predators franchise. If they had a nickname associated with guitars/music in some way, I could see the connection.

It's as if a designer said to themselves "Let's see... Carolina Hurricanes... Carolina... North Carolina... North Carolina barbeque... Hey! I think I'll created a secondary logo for the Carolina Hurricanes featuring a pulled-pork sandwich!"

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

It's not even that obvious that it's a guitar pick. Most people would just see it as an abstract shape, or a shield, or something. Might as well do something Tennesseean (though I don't get how this secondary logo helps them appeal to the whole state...the rest of the state probably doesn't even like hockey that much since Nashville didn't care for it till someone threatened to take their toy away, and who else would they root for anyway?); "Predators" is a pretty generic name.

I'd be on board with a pulled pork sandwich logo for the Hurricanes.

I love that scoreboard too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think this is a huge upgrade for the Predators. Simplifying the logo makes it so much better. I think they could have still done more to simplify it though, the yellow stripe looks out of place. I think if they put that at the top of the logo it would look better than just going through the middle of it. I really like the guitar pick too. It represents the city well, but isn't obvious or out of place in the logo package. The NP logo is pretty nice too. What they did with the logos is making me optimistic about the new uniforms. I'm hoping to see a yellow home jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Not feeling the new primary. Everything else here is a big improvement, though.

Not feeling the new primary as well. I think they went over simplistic. I think they should have just eliminated the silver/light blue areas, kept the burnt orange or at least make those areas yellow.

I saw, I came, I left.

the whole package has a nice consistant look to it. there should be no excuse for no unity within an identity, but thats something we dont see too often in sports. especially with 4 logos. job well done getting the whole system to fit with one another.

the primary is better but its still a weird logo. the "lean" this thing has is just way too much. i dont think we need to be able to see any part of the teeth from the far side with this perspective, especially when its just a slight shape. it just cheapens the whole damn thing.

the guitar pick logo is a nice touch and i recognized it as such right away, but i play. its subtle and well executed. the Tennessee flag concept is about as played out as Texas' though. if they put the monogram inside the pick shape it would be a better concept IMO. no need to double up on the Tennessee heritage thing with a pick AND the flag inspiration.

the word mark is my favorite. id imagine they use that on any horizontal application they can (web banner, tickets, etc) and the pick or monogram logo for the rest because its so horizontally dominante. hard to fit that on a jersey or t shirt and such

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

To me I'd rather not judge a logo until I see a uniform set it's going on.

I've never been in an admirer of their logo or uniforms, nor having an NHL team in Tennessee.

Says the poster with not one, but two NHL teams in his locality.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

no need to double up on the Tennessee heritage thing with a pick AND the flag inspiration.

A guitar pick is not exclusive to Tennessee though. Plenty of other states are famous for country music. It's not really doubling up.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived