NashVille Predators New Logos

BLUELANDbeliever

Icethetics and a couple other sources are saying the road, white jersey will be unveiled at the Draft. (The Preds don't have a 1st round pick by the way) The home jersey, which has been confirmed by a lot of people (just no one official), will be gold. It won't be unveiled until an event in July.

I mentioned it in my earlier post, and I don't know that you all really care, but Preds fans really are outraged by this. I've read through several blogs, Preds message boards, and other comments today, and few fans approve. It's incredible to read how much the new set is praised here, and then how (mainly the primary logo) is being ripped to shreds elsewhere. Through all the comments I've read today, I'm going to say about 90% of them are against this change. The removal of the black and blue Third jersey has people furious. While I actually disliked them at first, I can now agree that they were probably the best unis in franchise history.

If you're interested, Facebook unveiling comments ..beware, there's a lot of "the old PredHead was the best logo in the NHL!"

As it's been said before, let's just see how it looks on the uniforms and then judge.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to call this an upgrade, based solely on how terribly busy the predecessor was. The new wordmarks are great, as is the pick logo. I'm not 100% sold on the stripe on the Predhead, but simplifying the logo goes a long, long way. I'm really glad they didn't lose the yellow.

To me, it's gimmicky because it's a knee-jerk association with the city of Nashville. It has nothing to do with the Nashville Predators franchise. If they had a nickname associated with guitars/music in some way, I could see the connection.

It's as if a designer said to themselves "Let's see... Carolina Hurricanes... Carolina... North Carolina... North Carolina barbeque... Hey! I think I'll created a secondary logo for the Carolina Hurricanes featuring a pulled-pork sandwich!"

The connection is that they're in Nashville. The Predator head on the front of the jersey takes care of the nickname, the secondary takes care of the city name. I don't see the problem with that. A bunch of teams do the same thing with their primary and secondary logos.

PvO6ZWJ.png

To me, it's gimmicky because it's a knee-jerk association with the city of Nashville. It has nothing to do with the Nashville Predators franchise. If they had a nickname associated with guitars/music in some way, I could see the connection.

It's as if a designer said to themselves "Let's see... Carolina Hurricanes... Carolina... North Carolina... North Carolina barbeque... Hey! I think I'll created a secondary logo for the Carolina Hurricanes featuring a pulled-pork sandwich!"

The connection is that they're in Nashville. The Predator head on the front of the jersey takes care of the nickname, the secondary takes care of the city name. I don't see the problem with that. A bunch of teams do the same thing with their primary and secondary logos.

And our Jackets do it the other way around. :P

6fQjS3M.png

It is at least 85% less horrible than the old one. Still not a very strong crest though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree with McCarthy and the admiral that the pick is just a shape. Better that than another random triangle. That it fits the city and can be easily seen as a pick? All the better, even though we know it was intentional. It will be fine as a shoulder patch, and the NP should work nicely on the pants.

Seeing the logo above without the yellow stripe looks much better. That was bugging me, too, and seeing it without seals it. Otherwise a decent simplification -- or removal of chrome. Good call to use a yellow jersey, too.

That logo went from being an awful 90's logo to being a very bad 00's logo. An upgrade, but it's still one of the 5 worst logos in the Big 4. I didn't recognize the pick immediately, and I play guitar, and I guess it could be interpreted either as a shield or as a pick. Would have liked if there were some scratches on it or scratches looking like guitar chords, but it's OK as of now. Love the wordmarks, though. Not so sure about the color scheme, as blue/ yellow is already used.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

IMO (and as many have suggested), looks much better without the yellow stripe. We'll see what happens when the jerseys come out but I'd call it an upgrade thus far.

predators_no_stripe.gif

Double the size of the gold outline and that would make it really pop....

Cards.png

I like it, but not sure about that yellow stripe going down the middle. Feels a little out of place. I figured they could use the yellow elsewhere without it looking so out of place.

Not sure if I'd say it's an upgrade over the old one. I liked the old one alot, and I guess the new theme on NHL logos is taking the depth out. The old logo had more depth to it, which I like in a professional team logo with people paid millions to make it up.

But for people saying this is a bottom 5 logo?! Hahaha, check my sig for the worst logo in the league. That is the bottom logo and next to the Bolts new logo this Preds logo looks like the best in the league.

Look forward to seeing the jerseys.

2ly2w09.jpg

But for people saying this is a bottom 5 logo?! Hahaha, check my sig for the worst logo in the league. That is the bottom logo and next to the Bolts new logo this Preds logo looks like the best in the league.

I completely agree. Nashville at least almost got it right. Tampa Bay didn't.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Wow, remember this?

nb5l36gf0u8m4un19masjg5aw.gif

Nashville has came a long way since then. That looks like something you'd see in some sort of anime show.

You mean the best jersey in Nashville Predators history? Sure I do!

Wow, remember this?

nb5l36gf0u8m4un19masjg5aw.gif

Nashville has came a long way since then. That looks like something you'd see in some sort of anime show.

far from it. that mustard yellow gives me gas just looking at it. its so ugly! The patches are pretty cool but the color is awful

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

far from it. that mustard yellow gives me gas just looking at it. its so ugly! The patches are pretty cool but the color is awful

It's Morgo...

If it looks like s**t, he'll sing its praises just to be "different"...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived