NashVille Predators New Logos

BLUELANDbeliever

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said it before, and I'll say it again. I approve. Great redesign.

Wow....

That looks like complete :censored:. Any jersey using piping is an automatic fail in my books and the off center nashville script looks embarassingly minor league. What really takes the cake is how they used the Blues template when their colour schemes are so similar. Never thought I'd say this but these make their previous jerseys look good. Such a dissapointment after releasing a strong set of logos...

You have no idea what you're speaking of.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'll be buying the home jersey for sure

sigh...same here. i was planning on buying one anyway but now i feel i have no choice since thats my new 'local' team. :/

Does that make you a "SMASHVILLEbeliever" now? ^_^

sigh...same here. i was planning on buying one anyway but now i feel i have no choice since thats my new 'local' team. :/

Does that make you a "SMASHVILLEbeliever" now? ^_^

no.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Yeah, I'm also planning on starting to support the Preds, since the Coyotes are on their way out it would seem.

So they have piano keys, guitar strings, and a guitar pick. A lot of different motifs but I guess anything works for a name as general as the "music city".

I'm waiting to pass complete judgement until the official unveiling and the rest of the numbers are visible, but right now, it's just "meh". The piping is pretty bad, the recycling of the blues template is annoying, the wordmark placement is awkward, and the possible re-use of the Ducks numbers would be awful. However I like the color balance, logos, use of yellow, and guitar string numbers.

I'm not very impressed by these. I was considering getting a yellow one after seeing the logos, but I don't think I will be anytime soon now. I still love that they have a yellow jersey but I think they went a little overboard on the design which is surprising considering they just simplified the logo. The piping and collarbone/back of the neck coloring are what turns me off to these. I really like the hem and arm striping. It has a good simple yet modern feel too. I don't particularly like the guitar numbers but they're not bad. I think these are middle of the pack jerseys in the league, but I was expecting more after I saw the logos.

And I don't think anyone else has mentioned it, but it looks like there is a Nashville script on the back collar in addition to the hemline one. One (maybe two) too many if you ask me.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Not that crazy about the lines on the numbers or the Nashville on the shoulder but wow. I was a little worried about how the jerseys would come out but those look sharp. It might've been cooler if they were allowed to go yellow on the road and navy at home, but all in all that's a great upgrade. They made the piping and the stripes to go with it work together too, which hasn't been seen much in the Edge era

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Hmm... where have I seen that exact same template before.... oh yeah:

ponich_0097.jpg?w=200&h=300

Similar colors, same division. I don't like this one bit. Was it so hard just to leave the Blues' stripes off the jersey completely?

Hmm... where have I seen that exact same template before.... oh yeah:

ponich_0097.jpg?w=200&h=300

Similar colors, same division. I don't like this one bit. Was it so hard just to leave the Blues' stripes off the jersey completely?

Same division for what, one year? Also, the yellow home jersey separates this perfectly from the Blues. If anything, the striping on the white jersey is too Bruins.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Can't help but think that making the yoke read "Nashville" on the left shoulder, and "Predators" on the right might have helped a bit.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Hooray they leaked!! Now I don't have to impatiently wait for the official unveiling.

They are absolutely awesome. I don't mind the front and back piping and I don't mind they're using the Blues template. This is an example of how to use those elements in a proper way. It's also good to see a primarily yellow jersey back in the league. Finally, I thought the guitar strings on the back numbers were scratch marks until someone pointed out what they really are.

Final grade: 8.6/10

Archived