NashVille Predators New Logos

BLUELANDbeliever

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody else think of candy when they look at these things?

Loose association can be an early sign of schizophrenia.

On a related note, I really enjoy a good potato salad.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Said it before, and I'll say it again. I approve. Great redesign.

Wow....

That looks like complete :censored:. Any jersey using piping is an automatic fail in my books and the off center nashville script looks embarassingly minor league. What really takes the cake is how they used the Blues template when their colour schemes are so similar. Never thought I'd say this but these make their previous jerseys look good. Such a dissapointment after releasing a strong set of logos...

You have no idea what you're speaking of.

Would you care to elaborate on why "I don't know what I'm speaking of" instead of just making the assertion like it's a fact?

The jersey does use the Blues template (a bad template to begin with)

The wordmark is off kilter and does look bad

The piping is distracting and doesn't benefit the design.

On a related note, I really enjoy a good potato salad.

YOU'VE SEEN THE NEW WINNIPEG JERSEYS???

No, no, no, I said potato salad.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The more I look at them, the more I like them. I could do without the piping but it doesn't ruin the design, and the guitar strings in the numbers more than makes up for that. Well done, Preds.

Agreed. I think these look really good, specifically the numbers, I love the numbers. This is such an upgrade for them in my opinion. I'm a big fan of yellow jerseys like that. I love it on the A's, love it on WVU, love it on the Pirates' BP jerseys, etc.

90758391980.gif

It's an early call to make, but Yellow:2010s::Teal:1990s ?

Can't help but think that making the yoke read "Nashville" on the left shoulder, and "Predators" on the right might have helped a bit.

Reverse that. Nashville should be on the right shoulder, Predators should be on the left shoulder. When you look at it, it should read "Nashville Predators" not "Predators Nashville".

-----------------------------

I like the new unis, but hate the piping. Piping was so five years ago.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Back of away:

Ve2Lx.jpg

Something I just noticed. Why is there no shoulder patches on the yellow jersey?

Maybe its just an unfinished prototype or something like that.

Here's a thought, with all these musical references on the jersey, why didn't they just do a whole re-brand where they became some sort of musically themed name?

90758391980.gif

Can't help but think that making the yoke read "Nashville" on the left shoulder, and "Predators" on the right might have helped a bit.

Reverse that. Nashville should be on the right shoulder, Predators should be on the left shoulder. When you look at it, it should read "Nashville Predators" not "Predators Nashville".

My bad, I was thinking from the viewer's perspective.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Continuing with the musical theme of these jerseys, has anyone noticed that the inside of the collar features piano keys?

LOL. The players are going to be pretty close to looking like a musical band on skates!

Wow those are terrible. We've got Tampa going super bland and Nashville going super crazy. Winnipeg had better just stick with what they wore back in 1996.

To give "super bland" the 2-1 advantage?

I have no doubt that if Winnipeg is the Jets, that's exactly what they're going to do, because OMG NOSTALGIA JUST LIKE OLD TIMES TVERDOSKY WAIT SCRATCH THAT LAST PART. But the Winnipeg Jets, in all of their 25 seasons, never had a particularly attractive or distinctive look.

Exactly. First we looked like hell because the jersey crests were all hand chenilled by what seemed to be blind Ukrainian ladies, then we looked like the Rangers, then we looked like the Toronto Toros.

If they're the Jets, they're the Jets, I'm not as concerned about a team name as the rest of you are, but holy christ, please, NO MORE RED AND BLUE. I was thinking about this the other night, and I was thinking that if they could work of all colors anthracite or slate grey into the scheme, you know, something a Jet might actually be colored, that would be the :censored:. The problem is coming up with a good secondary color to go with that dark, dark grey. Light grey? Silver? make the team look the same as the city they're playing in in winter?

Just god no, not red and blue. ANYTHING but red and blue.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

If they're the Jets they're going to be red, white, and blue.

As for the Preds' new sweaters, I love 'em. Yes, they look like St. Louis. That doesn't bother me though. The template works for Nashville more so then it does for St. Louis. The Blues should be wearing these anyway.

Archived