NashVille Predators New Logos

BLUELANDbeliever

Not going to make up my mind on these until I see a hockey player wearing them with the pants and helmet. I do anticipate I will like them, however.

I was a little weirded out at first, but I think these should look good on the players. The white piping is a bit ... much, but I like the custom font and that they're emphasizing gold/yellow over navy.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still horrible.

They shoulda just blew up the whole 'Predator' theme.

You've got the NHL franchise in the country music capital of the world,

and you name the team 'Predators'?!!

What a missed marketing opportunity.

Stupid theme, stupid logo, stupid name.

And so you would name them _______ ...?

6uXNWAo.png

IHMO, the negative: Piping. Is. Horrible. And ruins these almost completely. The template approach is the dearth of sports uniforms, and the wordmark on the collarbone is gimmicky. The positive: the gold home sweaters look great, and are infinitely better than the mustard thirds from a few years ago. The lack of gray is a good thing, and despite what I see as negatives, these are a vast improvement over the previous Preds set.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

IHMO, the negative: Piping. Is. Horrible. And ruins these almost completely. The template approach is the dearth of sports uniforms, and the wordmark on the collarbone is gimmicky. The positive: the gold home sweaters look great, and are infinitely better than the mustard thirds from a few years ago. The lack of gray is a good thing, and despite what I see as negatives, these are a vast improvement over the previous Preds set.

The piping is something they could easily phase out and not have to do anything else to the uniform if it's reviled enough, at least there's that.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Still horrible.

They shoulda just blew up the whole 'Predator' theme.

You've got the NHL franchise in the country music capital of the world,

and you name the team 'Predators'?!!

What a missed marketing opportunity.

Stupid theme, stupid logo, stupid name.

I prefer the name "Predators," as generic as it may be, to a gimmicky name that tries to hard to incorporate Elvis or some such nonsense.

- Guitar pick alt was a nice nod to the "Music City" culture, but the piano keys on the inside of the collar and the "guitar strings" on the numbers are overkill and now very much gimmicky.

- Piping to nowhere? Great. <_< Little swatches of color next to that piping? Fantastic .<_< Wordmark under those swatches? Even better. <_<

- Using the Anaheim Ducks numbers? Using the Blues template? Originality at it's finest.

Honestly, take out the piping/color patches/wordmark/numbers/number lines and these would be winners. And extend the blue all the way to the hem on the white jersey. The basic elements of the jersey (simplified logo, arm/hem stripes, colors) are great, and by themselves would make a great return of the gold jersey to the NHL. The EDGEy crap brings this all down. Now they look like the Buffalo Sabres during the Buffaslug era with an emphasis on yellow.

I like the idea a ton, just not the execution.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I cant wait until 2 years passes and all these nostalgia lovers have switched to hating the "old school" trend and yearn for a futuristic makeover for EVERY team.

Eff em. I'm a Preds fan to the core. I think the new ownership and team leadership are trying to make this their team. Hate on the south all you want, but Nashville is behind this team. And next year is the biggest in the history of the franchise.

The new Identity is a step up. Feelf ree to hate away, but I will purchase both as a fan of the team. As will numerous ATL fans, who we're glad to have on board.

Bring on the gold to SMASHVILLE. And that big silver cup the B's just won.

Let's see here,

Bitching about piping, CHECK

Bitching about template, CHECK

Bitching about wordmark, CHECK

Bitching about number font, CHECK

OITGDMFCCSLC

And for the record, I like them.

Passive-aggressive generalizations and posturing one's self as superior? CHECK

GTFOICS

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Another shot of the away:

uNPGT.jpg

Anyone notice the dark jersey on the couch in the background? The number font is different, but the shoulder patch looks slightly like the pick... It is number 6 and name "WEB..." I'm guessing it has to be a navy/black Predators third jersey (#6 Shea Weber on the back).

It makes sense that these aren't the final jerseys since it looks like the home jerseys are missing the shoulder patch. I'd love it if they show the away jersey tomorrow and it's the exact same without the piping and collarbone color. But I doubt that it's going to be anything significantly different.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Hmm... where have I seen that exact same template before.... oh yeah:

ponich_0097.jpg?w=200&h=300

Similar colors, same division. I don't like this one bit. Was it so hard just to leave the Blues' stripes off the jersey completely?

Well, maybe the Blues will be unloading this soon to go back to something closer to their previous look. One can hope (and it would leave the Preds with a unique template).

Let's see here,

Bitching about piping, CHECK

Bitching about template, CHECK

Bitching about wordmark, CHECK

Bitching about number font, CHECK

OITGDMFCCSLC

And for the record, I like them.

Passive-aggressive generalizations and posturing one's self as superior? CHECK

GTFOICS

I did not imply anything about being superior. Simply making an observation. You can't deny that the same bitches, gripes, and complaints always show up alongside every new unveiling. Not always all at one time from the same individuals, but they still show up.

What if the Preds unveiled a more traditional set? Same thing. Instead it would be bitching about boring horizontal stripes, lace up collars, roundel logo, boring block numbers, newer southern team trying to look old timey.....

Point being, people are too quick to complain about the same old things. Take time to sit back and try to understand the design before you decide whether or not you love it, like it, don't care for it, or hate it.

GOYSSB13

Archived