Detroit Tigers in throwbacks vs. Dodgers (6/22/11)

deliver2david

the one thing that I can't stand about these throwbacks games, or the MLB in general is the lack of consistoncy between hats and helmets. Especially in this case, where the Tigers could have brought their home helemets with the white D, which would have looked nearly the same as the cap.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

the one thing that I can't stand about these throwbacks games, or the MLB in general is the lack of consistoncy between hats and helmets. Especially in this case, where the Tigers could have brought their home helemets with the white D, which would have looked nearly the same as the cap.

That's a lot of baggage to carry two sets of batting helmets on the road, especially for those used for only one of those games.

Inconsistent? Yes, but logical in a sense.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Why don't the Tigers just stop using a road hat/helmet, then. The white D looks just fine with the road greys.

Because the road script & uniforms have always contained orange as either a stripe or an outline. The orange D on the helmets balances things out.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Why don't the Tigers just stop using a road hat/helmet, then. The white D looks just fine with the road greys.

Because the road script & uniforms have always contained orange as either a stripe or an outline. The orange D on the helmets balances things out.

But the jerseys look great without them - time to remove the outline and use just the one cap.

2ajwgmr.jpg

Well from 1947-1949, the Tigers wore the orange "d" on their home cap. And no they haven't always had orange on the road jerseys. Honestly, I don't find and orange sticker on the helmet to be that much of an issue. It's not like in the past when the Angels would have a throwback night and be wearing their '80's or '70's jerseys and wear their current red helmets, that's just plain stupid and lazy.

But the jerseys look great without them - time to remove the outline and use just the one cap.

2ajwgmr.jpg

I know you are vocal about wanting the Yankees to get rid of the white outline on the roads. But just to be sure, you want to Tigers to get rid of the white AND orange outlines? I think that is madness. I mean, to me the home jersey would look far better with orange incorporated, but that shouldn't happen because of the history. Still, there is nothing sacred about the road uni, so keep the orange, which I am guessing has been worn far more often than not over the past 70 years.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

At the very least, they have to get rid of the white outline. The Dodgers look so much better on the road since they did.

Absolutely.

Until seeing these pics I didn't even realize the roads were actually based on and old set. Makes them even more appropriate. Just ditch the white outlines and their roads are perfect.

Here in Motown, the pointed "D" from the hat is by far more popular than the rounded "D" on the home uniform. However, that being said, both are sacred here.

As for the road uniform, I'd love to see a full-on, grey version of the home uniform.

These roads are favs of mine..

al_kaline_photofile.jpg

83D107.jpg

Archived