Detroit Tigers in throwbacks vs. Dodgers (6/22/11)

deliver2david

Here in Motown, the pointed "D" from the hat is by far more popular than the rounded "D" on the home uniform. However, that being said, both are sacred here.

As for the road uniform, I'd love to see a full-on, grey version of the home uniform.

These roads are favs of mine..

83D107.jpg

Go with the button up jersey version of those and I'm in full agreement.

BB52Big.jpg

Here in Motown, the pointed "D" from the hat is by far more popular than the rounded "D" on the home uniform. However, that being said, both are sacred here.

As for the road uniform, I'd love to see a full-on, grey version of the home uniform.

These roads are favs of mine..

83D107.jpg

Go with the button up jersey version of those and I'm in full agreement.

you mean this

Mickey%20Tettleton%20-%201992%20Detroit%20away.JPG

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I found my early 70s Tigers road cap (I think I bought it around '74) and the road cap from one of the seasons in the early-mid 90s. They wore the one with orange "D" (orange brim) for the first half of the year (on the road) and the one with the Tiger coming through the "D" during the second half of that season. I don't think they used these more than one or two seasons.

TigersCaps.jpg

Yeah, I not a fan of either. I figured the Tigers could've at least broke out the '84 uniforms, but these are as bland and boring as the current Red Sox road uniforms.

I agree that is a bland Detroit road uniform, but I do like that the teams are sticking to uniforms from the season the Dodgers wore the blue satins; that Detroit uniform is correct for 1944. It would be very out of place for them to wear the '84s in this context.

Yeah, I not a fan of either. I figured the Tigers could've at least broke out the '84 uniforms, but these are as bland and boring as the current Red Sox road uniforms.

I agree that is a bland Detroit road uniform, but I do like that the teams are sticking to uniforms from the season the Dodgers wore the blue satins; that Detroit uniform is correct for 1944. It would be very out of place for them to wear the '84s in this context.

I understand, but it doesn't mean I can't be a little critical about how neither jersey is all that attractive to look at. I mean, look at the NFL's foray into the original AFL uniforms, as most of those were absolutely ugly to look at. Not to mention the Reebok template made some of them look comical.

Archived