NCAA Gridiron Football Redesigns

Chapeeko

So, after watching the great ideas flowing around some of the college football concepts around here, (bigmike, BB08, TylerBray8, drdoughfresh) I got inspired to make some of my own. I will probably post them everyday or so, depending on my schedule. I hope this gets a good response. Thanks.

Alabama Crimson Tide: Primary // Alternate

Vanderbilt Commodores: Primary

Arkansas Razorbacks: Primary // Alternate

#1 Alabama Crimson Tide

For 'Bama I changed a few things, while still maintaining the classic look that we allknow and (maybe, I don't know about Auburn fans) love. The biggest aspect Itried to stress was the houndstooth. Some people try to do a plain black/white houndstooth pattern. Personally, I don't think black should ever touch a 'Bama uniform. So I chose to go with a subliminal houndstooth pattern on the helmet and numbers. Another aspect I tried to stress was consistency. So, I ditched the current double pant stripe, and went with a single stripe to match the helmet. Speaking of the helmet, on them I put the "A" logo. On the alternates, all it is is the primary jerseys and pants with a white houndstooth lid. The alternates would be worn onthe Saturday closest to September 11 (Paul "Bear" Bryant's birthday), and the week after.

First Attempt: Primaries // Alternates

2-4.png

1-6.png

Very nice. I think there might be too much houndstooth sublimation going on, but I like the concept. I really really like that SEC patch as a replacement to the generic pennant patch most conferences wear. Not sure the pants logo works on top of that stripe, maybe move it to the front of the pants?

I like this, its similar to mine so its definitely my taste.

Move the A to the front of the pants, and I think this is golden!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

#2 Vanderbilt Commodores

For Vandy I thought I simple design would be best instead of their cookie cutter Nike template. The first thing I did was freshened up their logo. It is basically the same just vegas gold with a different font for the V. Then I looked at a commodore's sleeve design. So I used a single stripe with a star in it, a la Dallas Cowboys. I also used the font that basketball team uses. On the pants I used a texture to try to give off a metallic feeling. I put the logo on the pant stripe to mimic the sleeve stripe. That's about it. C&C please.

1-7.png

I really, really like that vanderbilt concept. The font especially, very unique. I think the texture for it looks weird in the concept, but I can understand what you were going for, and like it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Almost flawless! Great number font for them. The issue is, again, logo placement. There will be six V-Star logos on the set, as implied. You could just drop the logo off the pants stripe, or jersey stripe, or both, and still have an incredible uniform.

#3 Arkansas Razorbacks

The Razorbacks were a fairly easy team to do. Anything is an upgrade over the current abominations Nike has them wearing now. So I made a new "tusk" design, since razorbacks have tusks, duh! I put the razorback logo on the sleeve just to fill up some empty space. The pants are based on their old pants, except I modified them to get cut off to give a fresh take on the stripes. That's about all, pretty straight forward. C&C is always appreciated.

12.png

22.png

I prefer the traditional stripe for Arkansas so I'm keeping it. I see what you guys are saying though.

#4 Ole Miss Rebels

Ole Miss was another easy team to design.I just simplified their current striping, added a helmet stripe, and that's it.

1-5.png

2-3.png

Archived