NHL 12 Cover

nash61

My only issue is that if you didn't know the cover was supposed to be Steven Stamkos, it'd be really hard to tell.

You can't see the name. Most people don't know the new jersey, and they really aren't going to know it without the big logo on the front.

It really looks like an awkward position for a cover shot. I'm fine with Stamkos as the cover, but they need a better picture.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Waht happens if Stamkos signs an offer sheet somewhere else?

Stamkos will probably be earning somewhere in the $6-7M range which would require teams to have possession and give up a multitude of first round picks for several years to come, including several 2nd round picks as well in compensation to Tampa.

As far as the cover goes, at first glance i thought it was one of the Sedins. I don't get all the lines across the image. It looks like a giant mess, almost like an artist sketching an image with pencil. It's really hard to make out who it is exactly. Maybe go for a shot that reveals the TB logo, and shows more of Stamkos's face without all the obstruction.

Hi-res version:

(Click Pic)

th_NHL12-360.jpg

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Waht happens if Stamkos signs an offer sheet somewhere else?

Remember when Favre signed with the Jets? Madden simply changed unis on the cover.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Here's the European cover. Jonas Hiller is the coverboy

uj1l.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

why does the euro version still have Stamkos on it?

ha! nice catch.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

i really like the little picture in the middle of stamkos in the white jersey, i think its a cool touch that i didnt notice the first time i looked at it and also if you look at the jersey its clear its a tampa jersey, it even says so, on the should patch, duhhh

i really like the little picture in the middle of stamkos in the white jersey, i think its a cool touch that i didnt notice the first time i looked at it and also if you look at the jersey its clear its a tampa jersey, it even says so, on the should patch, duhhh

Holy crap

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Cool to see Jonas on the cover, although it's always a little disappointing to know that the only time a Duck has ever been on the cover has been in Europe (This one with Hiller, then the Finnish cover usually has Teemu on it.)

And that picture of Jonas is from two seasons ago, but whatever you want to do EA :rolleyes:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm surprised Ice Cap hasn't left his comment about the Tampa Bay Maple Lightning cover yet, but overall I don't mind it. I'm thankful it isn't another Blackhawks player.

My biggest complaint is that it appears that the guys at EA Sports didn't get the memo about Tampa Bay's "actual" uniform updates.

I'm surprised Ice Cap hasn't left his comment about the Tampa Bay Maple Lightning cover yet.

It was me this time.

Just have to add one stripe and change the shoulder logo to put him on the Leafs. :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm surprised Ice Cap hasn't left his comment about the Tampa Bay Maple Lightning cover yet, but overall I don't mind it. I'm thankful it isn't another Blackhawks player.

My biggest complaint is that it appears that the guys at EA Sports didn't get the memo about Tampa Bay's "actual" uniform updates.

People have been insinuating what they think I'm going to say a lot lately.

People have been insinuating what they think I'm going to say a lot lately.

Well, it's not meant to upset you... just poke fun at you going off about Tampa Bay's "new" uniforms.

I wonder though, with the cover's aesthetics being inaccurate that does made me wonder how badly EA Sports will screw up the actual uniforms for the 2012 version. I mean, nothing will beat their phenomenal screw-up that was Madden NFL 2005, or how you had to enter the Reebok Edge code in NHL 08.

Archived