Florida Panthers Rebrand

raysox

Let me explain.

I saw the Nashville Predators' new set, and I just went YESSSS. I've grown as a designer, and really have become drawn to simplistic logos, or atleast simplified versions of logos. I cannot wait for a Lightning-Predators game, if you're still confused.

That being said, I've had trouble coming up with reams to do logos for. I kinda came up with some ideas, seen here(which I'm still working on, and you'll see eventually) And I was looking at the NHL logos, and realized immediately needed it the most.

With no primary changes in their team's history, the Panthers seem to be stuck in the edgy 90s. I wanted to go with a fiercer, smoother look. First off, I changed the colors. A deeper red and blue, with a bold yellow. I pretty much traced the logo, and did my best. For almost every point, I made it rounder and tried to just get away from the jaggedness. Really, the only parts that are like that are the teeth, nails, ears, and the chest detail. The alt is based off the FLA logo, and the palm tree logo.

On the jerseys, I did what more people want, bring back the simple striped red jersey. To be honest, I don't like the old jerseys. I just don't. I like the currents a lot more, in fact. But I do think red is the way to go. I love the way the yellow pops on the darker colors, personally, so that is why white is only on the numbers. The navy alt is the same template, with the alt logo on the front now. I didn't put hem stripes just because the balance of it would seem weird. I love when stripes on the sleeves don't have torso stripes.

But no one reads discriptions, Ohhh! concept!

Panthers1.png

C&C

Number font is too big, looks great if jersey number is 1-19, going to be massive with any combo beyond that.

Nor am I sold on the logo on the third.

Love these! The only difference I'd make would be to use the primary logo for the alternate jersey as well and keep the FLA logo as a shoulder patch. Great concept, nathless. I love the colours.

Navy alt would look better if it had 3-color numbers. And the alternate logo is good...but sort of looks like you took Tampa's 07-11 alt logo and adjusted it for the Panthers.

Those are my only two complaints. The smoother cat looks good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I appreciate what you were trying to do with the simplification of the logo but something about that panther seems off. In no way is it an improvement over their current logo. The jerseys on the other hand look great... far better than the one that just leaked.

Not a fan of the simplified primary or the FLA logo(although the latter is well done). To me nothing can replace the palm tree/stick/sun shoulder patch.

The jersey design itself is okay. Unlike the actual new red uniforms, for some reason yours don't seem as "empty" without the hem striping at the bottom.

Yeah, not bad, but I'm not sold on the alternate logo you used, I personally think the sunshine/palm tree/hockey stick logo is vastly superior, and I'm also not sold on the number font, as it look way too inflated to work. Otherwise, I like the updated panther logo and the actual jersey design itself.

I'm sorry but I have never liked any simplified or modified Panther logo I've seen. It's a weird one, but what they have now, despite it's detail, just seems to work for me.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Number font is too big, looks great if jersey number is 1-19, going to be massive with any combo beyond that.

Nor am I sold on the logo on the third.

Opposite. Love the logo on the third. Represents Florida well. The Packers number font is huge but it still works. It could work for here.

2vl6uxz.jpg

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

Shouldn't a REBRAND be a whole new look instead a small change to an already look.

just asking. I have seen a bunch of rebrand links but they all look like what the team is wearing with some MINOR change.

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

The alternate logo is great but the only problem is that you can't really tell that it's a hockey logo. The Panthers logo finally doesn't look like it's from the 90s.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Updated

• Made the outline bolder, which was a great suggestion
  • Shrunk the numbers
  • changed the yoke outline

I didn't change the numbers on the alt because it matches the FLA on the logo, which was what I was going for. But as far as the palm tree logo goes, I'm just not really a fan of it. It's too simple, and has too much negative space with a stick and the palmtree crossing, which both come out as thin.

Panthers.png

And here is the logo side by side.

Panthers-1.png

Archived