Schaumburg "name the team" contest

eriqjaffe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need someone from Chicago's suburbs to go all Blueland Believer on us and demand the team be named Flyers and whine about how his old team was ripped out from under his heart and blah blah blah.

comedic option #2: Call 'em the Jets and be done with it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Because of Motorola being in Schaumburg I went with electronics-related names. The Schaumburg Circuiters (an old term for a home run hitter), and the Schaumburg Resistance.

Schaumburg Short Circuits! :P

...for whatever team winds up playing at Alexian Field next year, in (I presume) the Frontier League:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110621/news/706219900/

I think I might suggest the "Mallrats".

It'll be in the American Association, actually, as Schaumburg's new ownership also owns the FL's Joliet Slammers. And given what they've done in Joliet since the Jackhammers paddled out of town on a river of red ink, this bodes well both for local fans and lovers of well-executed indy-league baseball identities.

And put me on board for "Mallrats". Just like it's futile to pretend Joliet's known for anything but the prisons, the first thing that comes to mind when you think "Schaumburg" is Woodfield and or the 16 square miles of strip malls which surround it. Perhaps the "Schaumburg Springinsguths" just because it's fun to say.

Oh, and Lee, I talked to my boss about the Schaumburg thing. I'll type it all out for you when I've got more time.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Because I'm not from the Chicagoland area, or much less the Midwest, all I know about Schaumberg is that it is the home of the headquarters of Zurich North America, which is the company my dad works for, so he takes a lot of trips out there. I think they should be called the Schaumberg Insurance Agents.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

...for whatever team winds up playing at Alexian Field next year, in (I presume) the Frontier League:

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110621/news/706219900/

I think I might suggest the "Mallrats".

It'll be in the American Association, actually, as Schaumburg's new ownership also owns the FL's Joliet Slammers. And given what they've done in Joliet since the Jackhammers paddled out of town on a river of red ink, this bodes well both for local fans and lovers of well-executed indy-league baseball identities.

And put me on board for "Mallrats". Just like it's futile to pretend Joliet's known for anything but the prisons, the first thing that comes to mind when you think "Schaumburg" is Woodfield and or the 16 square miles of strip malls which surround it. Perhaps the "Schaumburg Springinsguths" just because it's fun to say.

Oh, and Lee, I talked to my boss about the Schaumburg thing. I'll type it all out for you when I've got more time.

I thank you.

So this is AA expansion, or a relocation? Looking at attendance figures, I can see Sioux City wanting to get the hell out of...well, Sioux City.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived