ABC Logo Concept

illwauk

Got an idea and whipped this up.

abc_logo.png

I figure it keeps everything that's familiar about the current logo, but makes it look more like a "retro" stylistic choice rather than a relic.

I fooking love this. The type actually works better than the classic logo because of the way you stenciled it. The letters go so well together. I'm going to whip up a super clean version of this for you.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I refined the proportions a bit, but you've got a six-figure idea there.

abc.png

Here's a large version:

abc_lg.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

With both concepts, the first thing which came to mind for me was the bumper when watching a movie at a General Cinema.

Damn...I worked there...my first job, back when it looked like this.

3490492662_67707f735e.jpg

I still have a business card with that logo on it. And that music...the da da da da da da daaa-da daaa-da beginning followed by the snare drum thing. Must have heard that a thousand times in my career there. Some of the bad attitude types dubbed the company "General Enema." :D

But I'm sure you mean this updated version:

general_cinema.eps.png

Good times. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

abc_logo.png

I figure it keeps everything that's familiar about the current logo, but makes it look more like a "retro" stylistic choice rather than a relic.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, personally I think ABC is bit of question mark, because the way its set up its hard to change the icon, making it "retro" to me is a bit of a downgrade, modernizing this logo would atcually make more sense, but overall I see the proportions of this image off, a lot of negative space.

With both concepts, the first thing which came to mind for me was the bumper when watching a movie at a General Cinema.

I still have a business card with that logo on it. And that music...the da da da da da da daaa-da daaa-da beginning followed by the snare drum thing. Must have heard that a thousand times in my career there. Some of the bad attitude types dubbed the company "General Enema." :D

That is a brilliant logo. Why would they go from that to something so generic?

spacer.png

It looks like a choad to me...

It looks like a choad to me...

Well, that is obviously what the designer intended, but it also happens to look like this:

reel.jpg

spacer.png

abc_logo.png

I'm not sure how I feel about this, personally I think ABC is bit of question mark, because the way its set up its hard to change the icon, making it "retro" to me is a bit of a downgrade, modernizing this logo would atcually make more sense, but overall I see the proportions of this image off, a lot of negative space.

I'd be interested in seeing a modern version of the abc logo. Curious what you have in mind.

abc_logo.png

I'd be interested in seeing a modern version of the abc logo. Curious what you have in mind.

I just chose a generic font, I think maybe moving ABC would change it while keeping it still the circle.

abc.png

^^^

reminds me too much of the NCAA logo and the Alltel logo.

at any rate, I don't think a change like that is necessary. what the OP did was near perfection as it didn't provide a total change, but cleaned it up in a way where the logo could have even been the original that withstood the test of time.

^^^

reminds me too much of the NCAA logo and the Alltel logo.

at any rate, I don't think a change like that is necessary. what the OP did was near perfection as it didn't provide a total change, but cleaned it up in a way where the logo could have even been the original that withstood the test of time.

I agree with that, I suppose I was just generalizing that, I personally like the ABC current logo. and I dont know i feel about a retrosizing of the logo. All and all thats just me.

abc_logo.png

Comic Sans? :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived