ESPN Logo Concept

vazquez

I was sitting reading some posts on here and noticed the ABC logo concept, and I began to think of other TV Brands that could use a refresh, and the first to pop in my head was ESPN. I tried to keep the logo close to the current, while also giving a current flare. The wording under ESPN is Banda Typeface.

concept.png

*note, ESPN logo is not a type, is circles and lines and the stroke tool :D This isnt a huge project and is just something I whipped up for fun, C&C Welcome.

It's not bad in and of itself, but it doesn't say "sports" to me. It looks like the sign for a coffee shop or an expensive beverage.

I agree that their current logo is starting to look dated, but I think it has plenty of years left in it. It's just so recognizable, with the bold italics, and just the way it looks at a glance.

I don't get how the current logo says "sports" anymore than his concept does.

Tf9TG.jpg

• 1 month later...

I like the first one better, the second is TOO close to the current one.

It's a concept, I went more for an update versus a complete overhaul.

Definitely better than what they have right now. Your first one needs to be revealed at a press conference, like, tomorrow.

spacer.png

I like the first one better, the second is TOO close to the current one.

It's a concept, I went more for an update versus a complete overhaul.

Definitely better than what they have right now. Your first one needs to be revealed at a press conference, like, tomorrow.

I gotta meet the right people who knows, it could be a perfect thing for me.

Archived