College Football Concept Series

LetsGoOakland9

In this thread I will post my redesigns of all 43 Nike schools in the automatic qualifying conferences (including independent BYU, and TCU who doesn't join until 2012). I will post the concepts two at a time, by conference. I am starting with the ACC. I hope to have two new concepts posted every 2-3 days. While I hope to do all 43 before the season starts, I also want them to be designs I can be proud of, so I will be updating them based on your guys' comments. As you all know, making these concepts is time consuming, so you guys taking a little time to comment or critique is very much appreciated. I am going to post links to each design in this first post, so I will begin posting pictures in post #2.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to view my work, and all comments and criticisms are appreciated and will not go unnoticed.

ACC

Miami Home Away Alternate Alternate Alternate

North Carolina Home Away Alternate Alternate Alternate Alternate

Virginia Home Away Alternate

Wake Forest Home Away Alternate

Big Ten

Illinois Home Away Alternate

Ohio State Home Away

First up is the Atlantic Coast Conference, and the Miami Hurricanes and the North Carolina Tar Heels.

Miami

For Miami I wanted to avoid the split color theme since it has been done so many times. There's been rumors that the Canes want to go back to their 1980's style, so I used that as my inspiration. I moved the stripes up to the shoulder, and cut off the pants stripe and the seem Pro Combat style. I used the current number font and put a collar logo and a small wordmark on the chest.

Home

Set_Home.jpg

Away

Set_Away.jpg

Alternates

Set_Alt.jpg

Set_Alt2.jpg

Set_Alt3.jpg

I like what you did with these first two. I LOVE how you gave Miami a classic look with some modern touches. UNC should definitely be sporting some argyle on their football uni's.

Also, nice to see you found a 3/4 view revo helmet, I remembered you wanted one.

Untitled.png

I'm liking what I see man.

I think Miami looks really good, I've even thought about redoing them in my series since I did a split color design and it has become "the thing to do" for them. But you gave them a nice look without doing that.

UNC looks good as well, you used just the right amount of argyle and made it look good on a plain uniform.

Love the Revo Speed template as well, I remember seeing it in the paint thread but I never commented on it.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Love Carolina, LIKE Miami, the shoulder stripes are throwing me off a little...but I like the return to traditional for the Canes, so have you 2 for 2. Cant wait to see more, but these never get finished, so I guess I cant wait to see 5-6 more.

The white helmet Carolina alternate should become their primary. Now.

For Miami, they're too modern of a school to wear something that plain. I get the inspiration, but it doesn't work for me.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I like the subdued use of argyle on North Carolina. It's an idea a lot of people use and you did it right.

For Miami, I'd either move the stripes down on the sleeve or move them onto the compression sleeve. Shoulder stripes are not a Miami look.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Nice work on both. It is a little weird to see Miami in something so traditional. But I do like the shoulder stripe treatment to mimic the helmet stripes instead of all 3 stripes being the same width a la LSU.

As for North Carolina...I love it. The use of argyle on the pants is great, but I really like how the argyle is incorporated onto the sleeves.

gYH2mW9.png

WTF no for Wake Forest. Just, no. Virginia is alright, though the pants stripe isn't great, but just start over for Wake Forest.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Here's Wake Forest and Virginia V2, hopefully neither get "WTF" replies. As I update teams, I'll leave the original in the previous post, but change them to links so there's not so many images in the thread. This is also the debut of my new cleat template that I spent most the day working on. I'll post it in the paint users paradise thread if anyone is interested.

Wake Forest

I went back to basics with Wake Forest. I think the Philadelphia Eagles' number font works well with Wake Forest's logo, so I used that. I also opened up both helmets and all pants options to each jersey, instead of limiting the combinations.

Home

Set_Home-4.jpg

Away

Set_Away-4.jpg

Alternate

Set_Alt-3.jpg

Virginia

Not much to say, just changed up the design

Home

Set_Home-5.jpg

Away

Set_Away-5.jpg

Alternate

Set_Alt-4.jpg

C&C appreciated

In this thread I will post my redesigns of all 43 Nike schools in the automatic qualifying conferences (including independent BYU, and TCU who doesn't join until 2012). I will post the concepts two at a time, by conference. I am starting with the ACC. I hope to have two new concepts posted every 2-3 days. While I hope to do all 43 before the season starts, I also want them to be designs I can be proud of, so I will be updating them based on your guys' comments. As you all know, making these concepts is time consuming, so you guys taking a little time to comment or critique is very much appreciated. I am going to post links to each design in this first post, so I will begin posting pictures in post #2.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to view my work, and all comments and criticisms are appreciated and will not go unnoticed.

ACC

Miami Home Away Alternate Alternate Alternate

North Carolina Home Away Alternate Alternate Alternate Alternate

Virginia Home Away Alternate

Wake Forest Home Away Alternate

Miami - Too boring for my taste...but nice job.

Wake Forest - Prefer the Gold Helmet

spacer.png

I'm breaking my conference-by-conference plan, and doing a few Big Ten schools.

Illinois

When I started doing the Illini, my only plan was to use this as the helmet logo. That logo is too great to not be used every chance Illinois gets. I used the feathers from that logo as the striping pattern. I used grey facemasks because I think the throwback feel it gives works well with the stripes. I think this design is inventive, and I really like how this turned out, but then again I like my original Wake Forest design

Home

Set_Home-6.jpg

Away

Set_Away-6.jpg

Alternate

Set_Alt-5.jpg

Ohio State

I originally created this uniform for Duke, but thought it might look good for Ohio State, so changed the colors and I really liked it. Please don't hate me for the alternate red pants

Home

Set_Home-7.jpg

Away

Set_Away-7.jpg

C&C appreciated

Illinois: Brilliants idea with the shoulders! You finally got innovative! The pants are too much though.

Ohio State: They look a lot like the old uniforms, but I like the addition of the red pants as long as they are for away uniforms only, or maybe even paired with a silver alt.

Does every uniform have to have those annoying cut-off-at-the-hip pro combat pants stripes?

It's the template he's using. Trust me, it's much easier to do that on that template.

Archived