Stampeders go all-red monochrome

Stroboy

With the NHL Draft on at the same time, many people ignored this exhibition CFL game, but the Stamps came out in a set that I had always been curious about. They went with red from head to toe while on the road in Edmonton.

LINK

Not bad IMO. I bet the monochrome haters out there would say "white pants look much better".

I can't remember the Stamps ever going all-red before.

What surprised me was that they were on the road, but they were still wearing their red helmets. Saving the black ones for the regular season?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I didn't mind the all-red look. I think there was enough black and white on the uniforms -- especially the pants stripe and the black socks -- to break it up and make it bearable.

With the NHL Draft on at the same time, many people ignored this exhibition CFL game, but the Stamps came out in a set that I had always been curious about. They went with red from head to toe while on the road in Edmonton.

LINK

Not bad IMO. I bet the monochrome haters out there would say "white pants look much better".

I can't remember the Stamps ever going all-red before.

I like it! Maybe they should do it more often.

spacer.png

While the Stamps need to "un-Reebok" their jerseys, my prefered looks for them would be:

Home: Red jersey, black pants (They did this for one or two years recently)

Away: White jersey, red pants (Used to be a regular thing)

3rd: Black jersey, red pants (Did this once I believe)

I prefer red & white--or the grey/silver pants--dump the black pants.

I don't believe they've ever gone all red before.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yeah, as stated before, there's enough black and white to balance out all the red in the uniform, so it's not terrible in the least. Although I'd prefer white pants to red in this case, I wonder how many times the Stampeders will use this look in the upcoming CFL season.

Reminds me of the North Shore Mustangs in the Houston area.

260xStory.jpg

This is significantly better than what Calgary is wearing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Reminds me of the North Shore Mustangs in the Houston area.

260xStory.jpg

This is significantly better than what Calgary is wearing.

That jerseys is the reverse of the old black jerseys the Stampeders wore. When is the Reebok contract up?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived