New L.A. Kings primary logo

caperlogo13

Calm down, I wasn't directing it at you, per se, but the entire concept of funneling discussions into megathreads is a bad idea, and I've said basically the same thing every time someone mentions "it's in this thread" and points to something with more than 10 pages.

and I wasn't directing what I said at you, it was directed at 'Mockba' .... did you see your name on my response?

If I were were, I would have clicked on yours, not his ...

and I'm quite calm, you'd know that if you were able to psycho-analyze me over a keyboard. I used no CAPS, and no excessive explanation marks.

I actually agree with you about megathreads, I didn't agree when the Mod closed down whomever it was who initiated the thread when the JETS nickname became official.

He most-likely wanted to talk about what they'd do with their logo and color design now that they got the nickname part out of the way. A few people on the megathread even mentioned their disappointment about that thread being closed and why Winnipeg couldn't have their own exclusive thread.

The KINGS logo was being discussed on the latter pages of the megathread ... that's where I got the link from, so that he wouldn't have to sort thru 100 pages to find it.

Okay enough .... back to the subject at hand

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite partial to this Kings logo:

la_404.jpg

I assume you're being facetious?

They didn't make too many ... any authentics out there in excellent condition could be worth some good $ bucks if well preserved for many more years :grin:

Living here in the LA area, Bob Miller who if anyone doesn't know, is the long-time voice of the KINGS. He often mentioned how much he hated them because of the 'swooping' in the back he couldn't see the numbers when calling the games when they wore them. 'swooping' was the word he used, not a word you hear alot ... it made me laff, just as those uniforms did.

Calm down, I wasn't directing it at you, per se, but the entire concept of funneling discussions into megathreads is a bad idea, and I've said basically the same thing every time someone mentions "it's in this thread" and points to something with more than 10 pages.

and I wasn't directing what I said at you, it was directed at 'Mockba' .... did you see your name on my response?

If were were, I would have clicked on yours, not his ...

and I'm quite calm, you'd know that if you were able to psycho-analyze me over a keyboard. I used no CAPS, and no excessive explanation marks.

I actually agree with you about megathreads, I didn't agree when the Mod closed down whomever it was who initiated the thread when the JETS nickname became official.

He most-likely wanted to talk about what they'd do with their logo and color design now that they got the nickname part out of the way. A few people on the megathread even mentioned their disappointment about that thread being closed and why Winnipeg couldn't have their own exclusive thread.

The KINGS logo was being discussed on the latter pages of the megathread ... that's where I got the link from, so that he wouldn't have to sort thru 100 pages to find it.

Funny thing about it all, is that I was being told not to be a back-seat mod by someone who's not even a mod ...

Pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

Okay enough .... back to the subject at hand

And YOU might want to check who you're responding to or who's responding to you because Mockba is in fact a Moderator and has been one for quite some time. A little touchy, are we?

EDIT: Well Slapshot got his in before me, but I think it warrants repeating.

Mockba IS a mod.

Yet it doesn't say 'moderator' under his name like it does on yours ... not that I don't believe you.

But it doesn't just say "members" either. So you may wanna just play it safe and assume he's important. That and you haven't been here long so if someone with that kind of time here would tell me not to backseat mod, I'm gonna assume I should probably listen to him.

But it doesn't just say "members" either. So you may wanna just play it safe and assume he's important. That and you haven't been here long so if someone with that kind of time here would tell me not to backseat mod, I'm gonna assume I should probably listen to him.

There's many people on this board that have been here a long time I've noticed. Longevity over another poster doesn't make them always right.

I didn't feel I was being a backseat mod, but had I known he was I would have not replied, I'd have blown it off just as I did the other day when a different mod closed down a Winnipeg Jets thread and referred the initiator of it to a megathread and a feww other posters protested about it. I guess different mods operate 180° different with the rules & regs. Whatever ...

I've since edited out the pot/kettle image ...

Okay ... so hopefully we're sorted and lets move on to the subject at hand ....

There's many people on this board that have been here a long time I've noticed. Longevity over another poster doesn't make them always right.

I didn't feel I was being a backseat mod, but had I known he was I would have not replied, I'd have blown it off just as I did the other day when a different mod closed down a Winnipeg Jets thread and referred the initiator of it to a megathread and a feww other posters protested about it. I guess different mods operate 180° different with the rules & regs. Whatever ...

I've since edited out the pot/kettle image ...

Okay ... so hopefully we're sorted and lets move on to the subject at hand ....

That was before it was known for sure that they would be called the Winnipeg Jets, so it was purely a speculation thread and therefore didn't warrant having a stand-alone one yet. NOW someone could probably start a Jets thread once they're look is revealed.

A lot of people seem to really like the new jerseys, and as long as Kings fans dig them, I guess that's what matters the most.

That said, I hate the new logo and jerseys. Again, I'm in the minority here, but I really liked the set that they're ditching...the black, purple, and silver. I thought it was unique with the purple, and I LOVED that crown. The other thing that I really liked about the jerseys is that the home jersey had silver-sparkle numbers and letters. I thought the purple was both a nod to the past, as well as a "royalty" touch. I normally don't like black jerseys, but I thought that it went well with that set. The new set is too bland.

Strangely enough, I don't really have an opinion on the vintage set (purple/gold). I mean, it's okay...I remember when they wore them full time, like a lot of you here, but I don't think they've held up enough to be full-time jerseys. My personal opinions. :hockeysmiley:

There's a pinned thread in the announcements forum about "official" threads (aka "mega-threads"). The gist of the matter is this: It's cool to have a thread about a whole league, but if a team releases something, it's worthy of its own thread.

In the case of the NotJets Winnipeg's shenanigans have their own thread; there wasn't a need for a couple of announcement threads about the name.

-----

In the interest of being on-topic: this is lame. The purple/black/silver era was the best in Kings' history; the crown logo was superb on its own.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That was before it was known for sure that they would be called the Winnipeg Jets, so it was purely a speculation thread and therefore didn't warrant having a stand-alone one yet. NOW someone could probably start a Jets thread once they're look is revealed.

Ahh no, it wasn't ..... The thread was initiated by somebody moments after it had come across the sports-wires, after Great North officially announced they'd be called the 'JETS' .

At that time when I saw it, I hadn't heard the news of that yet, so I went to various websites in Canada and the USA, and it was breaking news on the ones I visited.

As I stated prior, I assumed he now wanted to talk about what they'd do about team logo & colors, not just to announce it.

and FTR .. when Slapshot whom I know is a mod because it says so on his ID told me that Mockba is a mod, that was good enough for me. So if you're not a mod, I see no reason why you couldn't leave that for a mod to handle it, as what was already being done around the same time you got on my case.

So again ... lets move forward to the subject at hand, please.

Wow, I've found someone who actually agrees with me! (See the post above yours)

Nah ... I'm sure there's more, I agree too. I like when you can make-out a teams logo without having to have a zoomed-in look at it to make out what it is.

When they wore the crest around 2000, it's like they had 3 thumbnail images forced together to form the crest, like most do in soccer.

The KINGS are best identified by a crown, and that's a nice one ... and purple should remain part of their tradition.

What looked odd was in their early years when they wore the monochrome yellow at home, it looked like they were in pajamas ;)

Seeing the new Kings logo next to the old Gretzky era version, I kind of see what they're going for. Take away the Laker-ish script and the box around it and what you have left is that home plate/pencil looking thing. Slap LA in the current font and put the new crown in place of the old and voila.

The funny thing is, the Kings should know better (and maybe they do). They already used an inferior crest as the main logo and it eventually got replaced by the crown. Maybe after they make all the money they think they can make solely off the color change, they'll switch to the crown again and start the process all over again. I'm okay with them ditching purple, but IMO the set they had with two crowns and the old primary crest as the alt worked the best at merging all eras.

As a side note, the Winnipeg megathread is really a renamed Phoenix Coyotes struggles thread, if we want to get technical (which apparently we do).

It's funny how their logo has gotten worse and worse since they debuted this one back in 1967. Sure, it wasn't a primary crest for their actual jerseys, but you could easily update the font and crown and darken the purple to make the Kings a lot more presentable.

rrgfl0ixn5mpqhfcp7l5mgl5y.gif

It's funny how their logo has gotten worse and worse since they debuted this one back in 1967. Sure, it wasn't a primary crest for their actual jerseys, but you could easily update the font and crown and darken the purple to make the Kings a lot more presentable.

rrgfl0ixn5mpqhfcp7l5mgl5y.gif

I remember going to the AUD when LA came to play the SABRES in early 1974. LA was off to a great start, starting the season on a road trip and winning in Philly ... when they came to Buffalo I sat close to the ice.

Those purple uniforms looked great. Back then many color TVs had a hard time picking up pure purple and solid red. I never knew just how deep that purple was until seeing them up close.

That was the season before they traded Danny Maloney and Marcel Dionne went to LA

KINGS won the game 4-1 :(

I never realized 'til years later that they had 1 logo for the home yellow, and another version for the away purple.

VachonKings.jpg

la-kings_orig_logos.png

Yeah, I'm with Lee on this one. I understand that the Black and Silver era uniforms looked good, while the logo was okay in my opinion, but those colors compared to purple and gold don't remind me of royalty whatsoever. To me, they should've went all the way back to their roots for some inspiration on their new uniforms. Just a huge mistake on their part.

I always had a hard time drawing the Kings logo because it was so detailed to free-hand.

Topic? New logo boring. Want to sleep when see it.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived