MLB Concept Series - Mets Up.

vazquez

I began to stare at the MLB logo, I mean for its time its a pretty great logo, now, I also wanted to solve the Hillebrew debocle but just giving a new MLB concept, this one I chose to do Hank Aaron, just as a Braves fan inside me wanted to do(I almost did Chipper for homerism) but I didnt do much, just clean traced his silhoutte, and then also switched the Red and Blue, while also with the picture of him batting opposite of the current MLB logo, its a concept and nothing serious, but just wanted to see.

Intital logo.

hank.png

Update 1: switched Red and Blue, move Hank over, and made the ball better and more proportional to an at bat, kept as well the proportions of the original MLB logo, while also darkening the Red and Blue a bit.

hank2.png

I have elected to go and do a MLB Series for players, and I'll start out with the NL East and work from there.

NL East

Hank Aaron for the Braves was the first.

Mike Piazza for the Mets. Seaver was a close second, but keeping MLB closeness, elected to go with a batter.

Up Next Marlins

Phillies

Washington/Montreal

Keep updated, the next will be the Florida Marlins

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job. It's clean, and you can tell its him. Personally... I think if anyone should be the MLB version of the "The Logo", it should be the Babe.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Very cool idea. The MLB logo could stand to use an update. On this logo particularly, the blue area to the left of him could be bigger, and the space between him and the ball could be smaller. It's a little unbalanced as is. Cool idea though.

WHAT IF each team used a different silhouette? Just a thought.

VERY cool idea. Piazza for the Mets. Just sayin.

In all honesty, this looks so close to the current MLB logo, that it just looks like it was flipped vertically and the colors stayed where they where. Blue looks better in the bigger portion, too.

I agree, I didnt want to drastically change the current MLB logo, and I just all really put a better identified player, and kept the colors. Just a concept, but im glad to hear opinions.

In all honesty, this looks so close to the current MLB logo, that it just looks like it was flipped vertically and the colors stayed where they where. Blue looks better in the bigger portion, too.

I agree, I didnt want to drastically change the current MLB logo, and I just all really put a better identified player, and kept the colors. Just a concept, but im glad to hear opinions.

Probably simplify the brim of the helmet just like on the current one. That would help, as would moving the silhoutte closer to the ball to enlarge the blue area and then scale the whole thing horizontally. Right now there's just too much empty red space and it looks kind of odd. It almost looks like the logo is too wide.

Probably simplify the brim of the helmet just like on the current one. That would help, as would moving the silhoutte closer to the ball to enlarge the blue area and then scale the whole thing horizontally. Right now there's just too much empty red space and it looks kind of odd. It almost looks like the logo is too wide.

I made an update with those comments previously stated with the updated one. I'll probably put to rest after about 4 updates.

Archived