MLB Concept Series - Mets Up.

vazquez

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHAT IF each team used a different silhouette? Just a thought.

I was thinking about that as well, But I just figured to use Hank Aaron as a braves fan didn't really think about it. But after that though, I may try different silhouttes.

Nice job on this. Would love it if you made it a series!!

I think it would be cool if each team had their own unique shilhoutte. My vote Tom Seaver for the Mets, It would be interesting if you did a shilhoutte of a pitcherm plus hes the greatest Met of all time, like Hanks the greatest Brave of all time.

3535rx3.jpg

WHAT IF each team used a different silhouette? Just a thought.

I was thinking about that as well, But I just figured to use Hank Aaron as a braves fan didn't really think about it. But after that though, I may try different silhouttes.

Nice job on this. Would love it if you made it a series!!

I think it would be cool if each team had their own unique shilhoutte. My vote Tom Seaver for the Mets, It would be interesting if you did a shilhoutte of a pitcherm plus hes the greatest Met of all time, like Hanks the greatest Brave of all time.

i will be taking on a series. I wont be starting it until tommorow, going to work on some other things, the OP has been edited.

I'm interested to see what you do for franchises who's best player is a pitcher rather than a hitter (Indians' Feller, naturally).

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The face reminds me of a Simpsons silhouette...it's the rounded nose and overbite that's doing it.

This is probably going to be a difficult series unless you change the dimensions of the logo. You would need a more vertical format for a pitcher, otherwise a lot of the iconic anatomy in the pose will be cut off. That's why the current logo uses a batter.

Any sport can have someone that throws a ball, even though the size may vary from sport to sport. But baseball is the only one with a bat, and that's what helps make the logo so instantly recognizable as baseball. And even using a batter, there's enough going on in an above-waist shape that gives all the necessary info to claim it as baseball's logo.

Changing the silhouette for every team may be an interesting idea, but it dilutes the MLB brand, just like changing the Jerry West silhouette on the NBA logo would dilute its brand.

Changing the colors of the logo is a great way to customize the logo for each team while still showing their association with the primary league.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The face reminds me of a Simpsons silhouette...it's the rounded nose and overbite that's doing it.

This is probably going to be a difficult series unless you change the dimensions of the logo. You would need a more vertical format for a pitcher, otherwise a lot of the iconic anatomy in the pose will be cut off. That's why the current logo uses a batter.

Any sport can have someone that throws a ball, even though the size may vary from sport to sport. But baseball is the only one with a bat, and that's what helps make the logo so instantly recognizable as baseball. And even using a batter, there's enough going on in an above-waist shape that gives all the necessary info to claim it as baseball's logo.

Changing the silhouette for every team may be an interesting idea, but it dilutes the MLB brand, just like changing the Jerry West silhouette on the NBA logo would dilute its brand.

Changing the colors of the logo is a great way to customize the logo for each team while still showing their association with the primary league.

I see where your pointing that out but I used this image

Grip_HankAaron_001.jpg

And for the situations facing a pitcher instead, I will actually change it, I will try and it keep all batters personally.

and It was originally just a concept to update the MLB's current logo to a better known player, and fan favorite.

I was intending on just darkening the current MLB colors versus do something of that manner of matching each teams color to the logo.

Overall I just want to see what it turns out like, and if homerism like me still exsists, I'd want my favorite team's best player representing the MLB silhoutte. but I still want Hank Aaron to take over :D

keeping as close to the MLB Batting logo, I chose to do Mike Piazza for the New York Mets over Tom Seaver(although I'd rather have done him at some points),

piazza.png

Great job, but that isn't Piazza. That's Edgardo Alfonzo.

Whoopsie doodles, I shoulda have looked better, darn 13 inch screen. I'll try and find on my Big PC later. Thanks for pointing that out.

Shall I suggest Gary Sheffield or Hanley Ramirez for the Marlins?

I think Beckett would be a good choice.

If pitchers are possible, I think Dontrelle Willis would be epic.

Nice series so far, great work.

2ly2w09.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the "Hillebrew" debacle?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived