Another Mets concept

kevinmets

Love it. Better than what they wear now. a few thoughts though: what if the home had pinstripes as well? they pulled it off in the 80s. and maybe make the "new york" on the road blue and the number orange. and the orange hat needs a blue bill. that said, it is still a gorgeous concept.

I know I've done Mets concepts on this board before. But I've been working on this one for a while, I think I've finally nailed it.

awesomemetsconcept.jpg

I want the Mets to use orange more than they have in the past (a la the Knicks), but still keep blue as the primary color. The alternate cap on the home jersey is because two-colored interlocking letters are awesome (a la the Twins and the 90s Padres). The road script is from the incredibly underrated 1987 road uniforms (seriously, why did they replace those with an exact duplicate of the Yankees roads in 1988? But I digress). The home alternate uniform could also be used as a batting practice uniform, I guess. I actually used to own that orange cap (they no longer make a fitted version of it, unfortunately mine got ruined).

I'm a Phillies fan and i cant lie other than loving our classy jerseys i think the mets have such a clasic look as well. And dude these are awesome, i like the subtraction of black, and how you mixed the hats wit heach jersey perfectly. The ornage cap is sick, and the old skool "New York" script is excellent. Great job man! Btw I've got some phillies concepts with patches ive made, how in photoshop do you get your patches to look like theyre actually on the jersey(part of them are cut of like its behind the sleeve) b/c that looks so realistic and i wana give that affect to my jerseys, is it just how you align it or is there a tool?

• 4 months later...

Well played, Fox. As for the concept, I can't say I'm a fan of the orange wordmarks and numbers. And I would rather see elements of the Mets' past incorporated instead of using a striping system they have never used. It's not that this concept is terrible, it just doesn't make me think of the Mets.

Archived