Sea Shepherd Logo

ESTONES6

Was just curious if anyone watched the show? Either way, what do you guys think about the logo of the Sea Shepherd from Whale Wars?

seal_shep_logo.jpg

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I really do not care.

I have ZERO respect for the "Sea Shepherd" and others.

Episodes of Whale Wars tell us that possess no common sense

Thanks for your contribution.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I wouldn't go putting anything resembling a pirate flag on a boat that deliberately interferes with the business actions of another ship. Seems like it's asking for real trouble, when the guys are constantly trying to paint themselves as the victims.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I wouldn't go putting anything resembling a pirate flag on a boat that deliberately interferes with the business actions of another ship. Seems like it's asking for real trouble, when the guys are constantly trying to paint themselves as the victims.

I can never decide if Animal Planet broadcasts the series as a serious look at these guys or as a parody for people to point and laugh at like the Jersey Shore. Sea Sheperd is an organization that has been shunned by a good portion of the mainstream environmentalist movement because of their ideology. I believe their founder was kicked out of Greenpeace.

Politics aside, the logo conveys their methods pretty well, but in a way it makes it seem like they're the ones hunting the whales, as even with the inclusion of the whales, it's still a violent logo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I also have no respect for these clowns. I'm sure those Japanese fisherman are nothing but bloodthirsty animal haters and not poor fisherman working the only job they can find to support their families.

IMO that flag is just ludicris, they should have a sky blue flag representing the Sea, with a couple of Sea Mammals on it, as someone else posted it just looks like a pirates flag absolutely useless.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Whether you agree with their ideals and actions... I really like this logo, as it fits well with what they do. To be honest, they board and terrorize ships, so the modified Jolly Roger is perfect. They are the Sea Shepherd, so having Shepherd's Crook crossed with the Trident, is awesome. I think they used a lot of appropriate imagery, but it wasn't over done.

i agree, its an appropriate concept. though i also think its communicating death to the sea. this is a play on the Jolly Roger after all. their name dosnt help, you can think if Death as a shepard of souls.

i dont think its very well drawn either. this is just something that needed more thought put into it, and a better artist to render it.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Well, its our government's fault that the Sea Shepherd has to be out there anyway. We shouldn't have told the Japanese that it was Whale and Dolphin that dropped the bomb in WWII.

Well, its our government's fault that the Sea Shepherd has to be out there anyway. We shouldn't have told the Japanese that it was Whale and Dolphin that dropped the bomb in WWII.

I guess they never got the photo we sent clearly indicating it was in fact Cow and Chicken who dropped the bomb.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I thought that was Moose and Squirrel.

I also have no respect for these clowns. I'm sure those Japanese fisherman are nothing but bloodthirsty animal haters and not poor fisherman working the only job they can find to support their families.

Totally beside the point.

Whoever cuts down the last tree will probably be doing it to feed his family. The BP engineers who cut corners on Deepwater Horizon didn't have some long-running feud with sea life in the Gulf.

I've never seen the show, have no opinion on this organization, but the personal motivations behind the actions have no bearing on the justness of the actions themselves. The actions are either right or wrong. Which works just as well for the Sea Shepherd's crew.

I thought that was Moose and Squirrel.

Totally beside the point.

Whoever cuts down the last tree will probably be doing it to feed his family. The BP engineers who cut corners on Deepwater Horizon didn't have some long-running feud with sea life in the Gulf.

I've never seen the show, have no opinion on this organization, but the personal motivations behind the actions have no bearing on the justness of the actions themselves. The actions are either right or wrong. Which works just as well for the Sea Shepherd's crew.

No, it's not beside the point. These hunting boats are given permission to take/kill x number of whales each year from the Japanese government, who I assume get approval from whatever worldwide aquatic life organization in charge of managing ocean life. They are not hunting these creatures into extinction as far as I know. The only reason these a$$holes (the Sea Shepherd and its crew) are in the ocean to begin with is because it is their opinion that they should take no whales whatsoever.

Here's my problem with them: If you want to fight it, sure. You are well within your rights to fight it. HOWEVER, sell your boat, hire a legal team, and get that law that is allowing them to go hunt these whales flipped. Don't go around throwing stink-bombs and tear gas at people who have legal permission to do what they are doing. Get the law changed, then you can get in your little speedboat and harrass them if they continue to do it.

These hunting boats are given permission to take/kill x number of whales each year from the Japanese government, who I assume get approval from whatever worldwide aquatic life organization in charge of managing ocean life.

Well, kinda. Japanese whaling is semi-legal at best, practiced under the thin umbrella of "scientific research".

But that has nothing to do with my actual point. The man who cuts down the last tree on Earth will undoubtedly have permission from higher-ups to do so, and will be working to feed his family. Neither of those make it a particularly good idea.

Archived