Personal Brand

vazquez

Hey everyone, I currently have 4 projejcts out on the boards, ESPN Logo Concept, MLB Concept Series, IPFW Update, and Blue Jays Retro Update. But thoughout this time I have created what I consider my personal brand. My brand consists of 2 items a emblem and of course type to go with it, the type is Sante Fe LET, but my emblem issomething I consider unique in many ways, It was inspired by many artists, but most importantly what goes on in my daily life. I consider modern and sleek, but below you will find it, what do you guys think?

http://www.behance.net/gallery/My-Personal-Brand-Identity/1901823

The circle I think isn't necessary. It almost forms an "S"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's just too much, trying to fit in the "hidden" S and G. Just stick with your initials and make an interesting mark out of them. The H and V are well suited for each other, you don't need to muddy it up by trying to fit everything in. Almost always, less really is more.

I'm not even going to talk about the script type treatment.

i really like the mark. why the colors though? any significance with green and red? just stay away from that purple

you HAVE to change the font you're using for your name. just go with something like Univers65. even the humanist sans typeface in your signature is a nice choice. (check your kerning though. whats happening between the V and A?) what you're using now is way too stock and its not even a well constructed font. (why wouldnt the "r" connect with the "o"?)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i really like the mark. why the colors though? any significance with green and red? just stay away from that purple

you HAVE to change the font you're using for your name. just go with something like Univers65. even the humanist sans typeface in your signature is a nice choice. (check your kerning though. whats happening between the V and A?) what you're using now is way too stock and its not even a well constructed font. (why wouldnt the "r" connect with the "o"?)

I honestly have no set colors designed for the mark, the mark never purposefully had hidden letters, intially just an H and V forming a circle.

I have not yet even come close to finding a distinct font to work with my logo, I have tried all types, eventually I'll find one.

It's just too much, trying to fit in the "hidden" S and G. Just stick with your initials and make an interesting mark out of them. The H and V are well suited for each other, you don't need to muddy it up by trying to fit everything in. Almost always, less really is more.

I'm not even going to talk about the script type treatment.

I'm not honestly trying to fit those letters, it just happened to be that way.

Nice personal branding.

I usually look for these types of threads specifically because I need to re-brand myself and I am having a hard time doing so, so I am trying to see how people progress with theirs on here. IT should be simple enough, my initials are VC and I want to use that.

But yeah, nice and simple, good work.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• 4 weeks later...

I've read alot of the comments, although I tended to just into my own world, still working on words, but I've fallen in love with my new mark.

I added a little grunge effect over it for appeal, but overall I've come to using Red.

newsport.png

I just am stuck on the font to use, I am leaning towards using Comfortaa font with slight altercations.

comfortaa is a font that would probably work well as it has a nice unity with the shapes of the mark, though id have to see it applied. try fonts that are contrasting too like a slab serif.

to be honest i like the treatment in your signature better. (i still say that font looks good with it too) the angles and sharp corners look nice. strong and steady

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

comfortaa is a font that would probably work well as it has a nice unity with the shapes of the mark, though id have to see it applied. try fonts that are contrasting too like a slab serif.

to be honest i like the treatment in your signature better. (i still say that font looks good with it too) the angles and sharp corners look nice. strong and steady

Thanks I am working on it as we speak looking to make it better, with kerning and changing slightly, I went with more round then sharp since the overall shape of my emblem is a circle I felt it would flow nicer, and I think its going against the current trend of logos I have seen.

I'll also display a couple of uses for the logo after I settle on the font.

I've actually narroed it to two main fonts. Sansation which has 4 Styles that I think will achieve everything I need to achieve from a advertising standpoint and could mesh well with conflicting fonts, and concordant, so forth.

And of course the previously mention Comfortaa, I just bolded it up a bit and kerned.

samplefont.png

Archived