Cleveland Cavs Jersey Concept

Believeland

Welcome to the boards and I love your concept! I thought the team took a step back from the LBJ era unis even if part of the reason was to wipe the slate clean of him. I'd like to see your original design to compare to the update if you don't mind. My suggestions would be:

1) Try adding a serif or 'stoke' as you say, on the 'C' and 'S' of the home and 'C' and 'D' (somehow) on the away. I say this only because the team decided to keep the C/Sword secondary which doesn't IMO fit well with their new wordmark. If the 'C' in the logo matched the wordmark, I feel that it would work out and look better.

2) I know that the logo you used on the shorts is what they currently have on the back of the neck so I can understand why you went with the full logo there. However, it just seems to big, even on a smaller scale, to have that as the logo. IMO it wouldn't make sense to use the logo on both the jersey and shorts, then again why would you have the logo with the team name on the back as well? I'd try an attempt at a 3rd logo for that spot and see what you come up with.

3) The way the 'C/Sword' logo fits on the shorts is perfect the way you have it but I'd opt to change the colors around. For the home, away and alt, you have the 'C' the same color as the uniform which is cool, but I think the 'C' should be white, the sword gold, and the shadow wine with the white outline. This is mainly because it will work on both the home and alternate considering they are both set against wine colored panels. It doesn't work on the away because the backing is gold and the 'C' is wine and the sword is gold outlined in white. There needs to be a contrast break to set it out there. I say make the 'C' white, leave the sword gold but change the outline to wine and see how it looks.

I truly never post on others concepts like talking about it but I felt you had something great going here and just needed a few tweaks. Overall though, 100% on the effort and keep at it!

Welcome to the boards and I love your concept! I thought the team took a step back from the LBJ era unis even if part of the reason was to wipe the slate clean of him. I'd like to see your original design to compare to the update if you don't mind. My suggestions would be:

1) Try adding a serif or 'stoke' as you say, on the 'C' and 'S' of the home and 'C' and 'D' (somehow) on the away. I say this only because the team decided to keep the C/Sword secondary which doesn't IMO fit well with their new wordmark. If the 'C' in the logo matched the wordmark, I feel that it would work out and look better.

2) I know that the logo you used on the shorts is what they currently have on the back of the neck so I can understand why you went with the full logo there. However, it just seems to big, even on a smaller scale, to have that as the logo. IMO it wouldn't make sense to use the logo on both the jersey and shorts, then again why would you have the logo with the team name on the back as well? I'd try an attempt at a 3rd logo for that spot and see what you come up with.

3) The way the 'C/Sword' logo fits on the shorts is perfect the way you have it but I'd opt to change the colors around. For the home, away and alt, you have the 'C' the same color as the uniform which is cool, but I think the 'C' should be white, the sword gold, and the shadow wine with the white outline. This is mainly because it will work on both the home and alternate considering they are both set against wine colored panels. It doesn't work on the away because the backing is gold and the 'C' is wine and the sword is gold outlined in white. There needs to be a contrast break to set it out there. I say make the 'C' white, leave the sword gold but change the outline to wine and see how it looks.

I truly never post on others concepts like talking about it but I felt you had something great going here and just needed a few tweaks. Overall though, 100% on the effort and keep at it!

Thanks man...definitely appreciate the feedback I get what you're saying on all fronts. I've been sketching out some ideas for a logo to place above the name on the back, and once I get something I like, I'll re-post. I'll make sure to post the original idea as well so everyone can see the changed as they are made. Thanks again for the feedback.

• 1 month later...

Archived