Your first jersey

nash61

I just read Chris's fantastic blog post about his first jersey. What about yours?

My first jersey was a screen printed Leafs white jersey from Canadian Tire. I think I got it when I was about 11. It's a size small, and 7 years later, I'm an XL (growth spurt), so needless to say, it doesn't fit anymore. I still have it, though, and when I have kids, and they grow into it, I'll give it to them. The only condition I'll place on it is that they keep it mint, and give it to their kids.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first jersey ever was a home (white) Avalanche jersey. I think the second they got Patrick Roy and moved out of Quebec I became a fan.

My grandma gave it to me for Christmas and my parents paid for the cresting on the back, sadly they put my name and number, not #33 Roy.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

My first NHL sweater was a Montreal Canadiens road red (predating color-at-home) when I was 4 or 5, but that was back before I was able to form my own opinion about teams. My Dad is a Habs fan, but I managed to break that stranglehold...Go Leafs!

I still have a Florida Panthers red jersey from when I was a kid, youth size Medium. I'll pass it down to my son, when I have one. I also have a Flyers orange sweater that I never remember having, but my Mom pulled it out of a box of garage sale items and asked if I wanted it.

1998. My sister went to a Super Bowl party here in town & brought me back an Atlanta Falcons Jamal Anderson home jersey. It became my prized possession at that point. Too bad I couldn't wear it at school because it had a Miller Lite patch on it. :(

The sad thing is, I don't even think I have it anymore. I think I chunked it since it was SO worn, & Russel replicas don't hold up too well...so by 2005, the entire jersey was just black with blotches of red & white where the numbers used to be. But yeah, had a great time with that jersey. That & my then-baby cousin's minature teal Mariners jersey (That thing fascinated the hell out of me. So small, but so accurate) started off my obsession with sports logos & uniforms.

Keith Brooking. 2002. I was twelve. I asked for a Falcons jersey for Christmas, preferably Michael Vick. My dad thought Vick was a thug, and had a bad hunch, so he got me Brooking instead.

The jersey was too huge for me to wear.

I still have it, but it's really not that cherished. It's hard to wear a Georgia Tech player's jersey. But, dad made a good move in buying #56 over #7. I got a Vick jersey in 2005...in 2007 I had a ceremonial burning...

My first NHL sweater was a Montreal Canadiens road red (predating color-at-home) when I was 4 or 5, but that was back before I was able to form my own opinion about teams. My Dad is a Habs fan, but I managed to break that stranglehold...Go Leafs!

I still have a Florida Panthers red jersey from when I was a kid, youth size Medium. I'll pass it down to my son, when I have one. I also have a Flyers orange sweater that I never remember having, but my Mom pulled it out of a box of garage sale items and asked if I wanted it.

Bernie Kosar Browns Jersey.

1296245958-bernie-kosar-1.jpg

spacer.png

Mine was a 1992 Minnesota North Stars Jon Casey jersey. I was only 9 years old at the time. I think it was a give away from a game. It was mesh with screen printed names and logos. Boy, I sure wore that jersey to the ground. I think my parents still have it some where.

Hmmmm. I wanna say my first was a Nebraska football jersey. Every kid is given one at some point, Husker football is a religion here. However, I think I may have gotten a Vikings jersey before that. I got a Randy Moss purple home jersey one year for my birthday, I wanna say around...2002 or 2003. First jersey I got really excited about. Around the same time, possibly a year sooner I got a red Nebraska home jersey, #97.

I do, however, remember my first hockey jersey very well. Omaha Knights red jersey. Replica, size medium. $90, perhaps the most I had ever spent on anything (I'm pretty sure I was in 8th grade...2007?) The Knights moved shortly after and my jersey has proven to be quite valuable.

Can't remember which was first, but these 2 were my first jerseys (both of which were Champion screen-printed replicas):

fxch3excetuv92c3a4w1y1rtb.gif

Had the same jersey, except it was Scottie Pippen. I wanted Rodman but my Mom wasn't the biggest fan of a tattoed, hair-dyed basketball-playing malcontent. :lol:

Also, good grief, what kid WASN'T a Bulls fan on some level back in the 90s? :P

My first jersey was a tie between the Seattle Supersonics '85-'94 White jersey and an Authentic Atlanta Thrashers '99-'02 Home Jersey. This is off topic, but I had a pair of the 1st Air Jordans when I was only 1.5 years old.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived