Your first jersey

nash61

A white Tottenham Hotspur shirt from when I was 5 or 6 was technically my first, but I prefer to pretend that didn't happen.

Got a Medium white Mighty Ducks replica for Christmas back in 2004, turned out it was a bit too big and for some reason sending it back in exchange for a smaller size never occurred to us at the time.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Larry Johnson Charlotte Hornets road jersey for my 13th birthday. I wasn't a fan of the team so much as the color scheme (hey, it was the 90s and I was young) and LJ was a monster. I think I still have it put away somewhere.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

warren-moon.jpg

My parents got me what was probably a screen-printed replica of this jersey back when I was 5 years old. I was so excited when I got it for Christmas that I simply stared at it the entire night, and then finally put it on and slept in it. I think I wore it about three different times that week, but sadly I wore it out pretty quick, and had to get another one (blue) a couple of years later, and I grew out of that one. Good times.

X-Mas 1981 (I was 7) and this (non-authentic) beauty was left by Santa...

286151759.jpg

Yep, I still have it. I doesn't come anywhere close to fitting me, obviously. But I have pictures from back then when I was able to slide it over my winter jacket and play road hockey all day long.

Note to the youngins: This is why, as a Packers fan growing up in Chicago in the '80s, I didn't have any Packers stuff to wear. Those teams you see pictured in the Sears catalog were the only ones you could get.

Why did you become a Packers fan? Just to be a douche? :P

My father in law became a fan due to liking the voice of their radio play by play guy in the early '60s. Needless to say, he passed his love of the Packers on to kids like an alcoholic passes on his love of scotch. It makes for "fun" holidays.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Baseball%20Jerseys%20for%20sale-3624441605874395770.jpg

This isn't it, but this style. I have a photo of me wearing it along with purple Pitt shorts. Stylish.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I got my first jersey in 1997; it was a Rafael Palmeiro Orioles black alternate jersey. I also wore it the next few years as a no-fuss Halloween costume. It even had Halloween colors so I figured hey why not.

I loved Palmeiro back then. Him and Mussina were my favorites.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Was about 4 years old in Disney World when I saw this beauty. Parents bought it for me, and I really wish I still had it.

140.jpg

Shortly after that was this Joey Galloway Seahawks jersey. Another one i wish i still had. My mom actually worked with his mom for a couple years at the grocery store in the hometown that Joey grew up. I absolutely loved both of these jerseys.

140.jpg

x0y5nq.png

Archived