CFL- NFL Comparison

Chapeeko

Maybe I'm stupid for making this thread, but after watching the BC- Montreal game, I started thinking that the Alouettes remind me a lot of the Patriots.(Probably completely wrong) So, then I began thinking about comparing all the teams. I don't know squat about CFL, it was just an observation. So maybe you guys could make some comparisons so I can figure which team to root for happy.gif.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saskatchewan Roughriders = Green Bay Packers

Both wear green (albeit, different shades), are community-owned, and play in their respective leagues' smallest market, yet have arguably their most rabid fanbases that are known for following their team to road games, oftentimes drowning out the local fans.

EDIT: NEW.ERA's comparison of the Blue Bombers to the Bears makes this one even more appropriate since the Saskatchewan-Winnipeg rivalry is often considered the most intense in the league.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers = Chicago Bears

Twenty years plus between championships and outside of the occasional playoff birth nothing comes of it. No solid QB over the last few seasons, besides Winnipeg with Kevin Glenn and to a lesser extent, Cutler & Grossman. Though the fans still come out in mass showings and always have an opinion.

I hate to do this comparision because I loath the Bears, but for lack of a better team to compare them to i'll roll with Da Bears.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Twenty years plus between championships and outside of the occasional playoff birth nothing comes of it. No solid QB over the last few seasons, besides Winnipeg with Kevin Glenn and to a lesser extent, Cutler & Grossman. Though the fans still come out in mass showings and always have an opinion.

I hate to do this comparision because I loath the Bears, but for lack of a better team to compare them to i'll roll with Da Bears.

Feel like that's a good comparison actually. Both teams also have a recent title game appearance that they arguably didn't deserve.

God damnit though, I root for the Bears of the CFL? :P

6fQjS3M.png

Overrated defense too? Coming from a Bears fan.

Overrated defense too? Coming from a Bears fan.

Yeah another good reason, they have a certain season where they do step up, that's very true. Also i'll throw Khari Jones in as another Bomber QB that's stepped up. He was fantastic from 2000-2002, good times!

Maybe I'm stupid for making this thread, but after watching the BC- Montreal game, I started thinking that the Alouettes remind me a lot of the Patriots.(Probably completely wrong) So, then I began thinking about comparing all the teams. I don't know squat about CFL, it was just an observation. So maybe you guys could make some comparisons so I can figure which team to root for happy.gif.

Dude, you're pretty spot on from where my knowledge spans of the CFL. I, personally love the Alouettes. I've been supporting them for several years now and have not been disappointed. Plus, they used to be the Baltimore Stallions and I can remember from when I was a kid and they won the Grey Cup.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I could be a bit off on this one, but I'll submit...

Toronto Argonauts = New York Giants

Both play in the cultural capitol of their respective country, are known for wearing blue and are stacked with tradition due to their domination of the sport in its infancy. Neither is quite so successful nowadays, but they can usually be counted on to win, or at least play for, a Grey Cup/Lombardi Trophy every decade or so. Both enjoy decent fan support, but are still largely viewed as something to do during the off-season when the local team that plays the respective national pastime (Leafs/Yankees) isn't active.

I can't believe no one has said this yet, its probably the most obvious one...

Hamilton Tiger-Cats = Pittsburgh Steelers

Both wear the same colors, play in traditionally blue-collar steel towns and are often characterized by the fan support they enjoy in a relatively small eastern market.

Although I'm not sure how the Ti-Cats rep stacks up with the Steelers less-flattering "modern" reputation.

I somewhat follow, not enough to know everyone, but I have a good idea of the league.

Montreal Alouettes = New England Patriots

Recent champions, after many years of nothing. Blue and red, similar jerseys too. They also have quarterbacks that are one of the best.

I can't believe no one has said this yet, its probably the most obvious one...

Hamilton Tiger-Cats = Pittsburgh Steelers

Both wear the same colors, play in traditionally blue-collar steel towns and are often characterized by the fan support they enjoy in a relatively small eastern market.

Although I'm not sure how the Ti-Cats rep stacks up with the Steelers less-flattering "modern" reputation.

They have their moments...

Arrest warrant issued for Matechuk on drug charges

...but you're right very similar on-field reputations, even when it's not always deserved.

tigercatssignature-1.png

This is good stuff here. Keep it coming.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Eskimos = San Francisco 49ers

Once very proud franchises and still are in most aspects, but the play on the field has dwindled. Both clubs are second in their respective leagues Championships (13 Grey Cups, 5 Super Bowls) relatively strong following, but their irrelevance of late has hurt both of them in the rest of their leagues eyes. Ricky Ray has been a constant fix at the Quarterback position, but has fallen off the wagon recently and probably next to Chicago, San Francisco hasn't found a good QB since their last Super Bowl. Also the consecutive playoff appearance streaks back in the day are a good fit.

Having trouble with the Lions, they have had success but a whole ton of it. Maybe the Raiders? Fans aren't nearly as crazy though.

Eskimos = San Francisco 49ers

Once very proud franchises and still are in most aspects, but the play on the field has dwindled. Both clubs are second in their respective leagues Championships (13 Grey Cups, 5 Super Bowls) relatively strong following, but their irrelevance of late has hurt both of them in the rest of their leagues eyes. Ricky Ray has been a constant fix at the Quarterback position, but has fallen off the wagon recently and probably next to Chicago, San Francisco hasn't found a good QB since their last Super Bowl. Also the consecutive playoff appearance streaks back in the day are a good fit.

Having trouble with the Lions, they have had success but a whole ton of it. Maybe the Raiders? Fans aren't nearly as crazy though.

Well that and the Lions haven't sucked for a decade and don't have an insane owner.

I would compare the Eskimos to the Packers they look a like and both have 13 titles.

And are both community owned. I like this more then the Saskatchewan comparison, but Green Bay has had more success recently.

Archived