best color combos in sports

16kid

I didnt know what catagory to put this in but what are the best color combos in sports

It is probably impossible to answer this because the style on the teams' uniform can drastically alter how their color combination is presented.

But if I had to pick one, I've always been a fan of the University of Wyoming's brown and gold. Never understood why this color combination isn't used more...especially when incorporated with a large dosage of white.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be totally generic, I'd say a strong, dark color paired with a very bright, accent. Seahawks do this well with their dark blue and just the slightest of neon green. Yes they have the whole 2 similar dark blues issue but the dark with minimal but extreme bright is nice.

SeahawksHelmet.jpg

SEAHAWKS need to lose the monochrome and go with white pants to make one appreciate that rare shade of blue, seen them in that combo at JAX in '05 and it was a major improvement.

I like the color combo that ARSENAL played in back in 2006 for their final season at Highbury ... with the burnished-gold jersey number (like the front sponsor logo) and white shorts, they looked superb. They looked like your typical red & white team when reverting back the next season when the Emirates Stadium opened.

That's a very similar and rare color that I only saw before for the REDSKINS 70th anniversary color ... it's like there's a pinch of plum added to the maroon mix

Not a fan of brown, but when used correctly it can look quite good as shown in those Wyoming uniforms ... PADRES have never looked good in any of their brown uniforms IMO, it's amazing they have a fan club lobbying for a return to the brown.

The Cleveland BROWNS always looked fine to me in brown when using white pants ... never liked the orange pants with their home brown jerseys from the Brian Sipe era ..

arsenal+cl.jpg

These are my favorite primary color schemes, ignoring trim colors (such as the silver for the Carolina Panthers, navy for the OKC Thunder, etc.). I've taken into consideration the variations of certain colors marked (Forest Green for Green, etc.). I know I mentioned a lot of color schemes, but I think that all these color schemes stand out more to me more than any other. Teams that use or have used these colors are in italic.

In no particular order, my Top 10:

Commonly used color schemes:

• Athletic Gold and Green--Oakland A's, Green Bay Packers, Seattle Supersonics (RIP)
  • Orange and Black--Gotta love Halloween. SF Giants, Baltimore Orioles, Cincinatti Bengals
  • Blue and Orange--They stand out in a world of sports dominated by darker looks. New York Mets, New York Knicks, Denver Broncos (historically), Edmonton Oilers.

Schemes that aren't used enough:

• Maroon and Athletic Gold--Arizona State Sundevils
  • Light Blue and Red--Remember the Oilers! :P With all the light blue craze, I don't understand how some major team, somewhere, didn't use this combo. Houston Oilers
  • Brown and Orange--Like Yellow/Green, a couple of teams need to use this color combo more (likely the San Diego Padres). Cleveland Browns
  • Light Blue and Orange--Oklahoma City Thunder
  • Red and Forest Green--I love the "Christmas" look the Bucks, Devils, and Wild use. Milwaukee Bucks, New Jersey
    Devils (throwback), Minnesota Wild
  • Black and Light Blue--Only the Carolina Panthers use these colors (in major pro and college sports), and it's quite distinctive. Carolina Panthers
  • Slate Gray and Orange--This is one color scheme that I can see gaining some use in the major pro and college levels; I think these colors look great together. None in major college and pro sports.
  • Red and Orange--I'd personally love to see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers revert to a color scheme that's reminiscent of the "Creamsicle" look, possibly with a cooler, gun-metal gray (think metallic slate gray). Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

^^ why is it that goalies wear something completely different than the rest of the team? im not a soccer guy at all, so maybe thats a dumb question?

Just to differentiate them from the rest of the players. It can get crowded in front of the goal and it makes it easier to see who is using their hands.

Is there a serious distinction between athletic gold and maize, or are Michigan fans just sanctimonious and annoying? It could always be both, I suppose.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Gun Metal Black and Volt Yellow.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm gonna say Black and Blue, Orange and Black (Blasphemy!), and of course Green and Yellow.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Brown and Orange, if done correctly, looks fantastic. The Padres old brown hats with the orange logo is one of my favorites

Black and Orange is nice, as the contrast really makes the orange pop.

Blue and Orange. They just compliment each other so well

I went to a school called Orange High School. It got shoved down my throat haha

Manchester-City-icon.png

Archived