AL and NL All-Star Game Rosters

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we have our first replacement, as Angels rookie closer Jordan Walden replaces Yankees closer Mariano Rivera on the AL Roster.

Congrats to Waldo!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

And we have our first replacement, as Angels rookie closer Jordan Walden replaces Yankees closer Mariano Rivera on the AL Roster.

Congrats to Waldo!

Chase Field will be treated to some Rob Zombie when he gets called in ^_^

VmWIn6B.png

Congrats to Waldo!

Chase Field will be treated to some Rob Zombie when he gets called in ^_^

And it's a fantastic entrance song. Can't say I don't get pumped when Waldo comes out of the pen (even when he does struggle).

Well, all I can say is that I have a hell of a lot more faith in Waldo than I did in Frankie's last couple years, let alone when Rodney brought his gas can out in April.

VmWIn6B.png

Well, all I can say is that I have a hell of a lot more faith in Waldo than I did in Frankie's last couple years, let alone when Rodney brought his gas can out in April.

No doubt. Walden hit a little rough patch last week in those Dodger/Nationals games (and it probably wasn't wholly his fault in the game in LA), but that was expected for a rookie closer.

Dude throws gas. Excited for his future.

I'm one who thinks the Home Run derby should be changed a bit, maybe to this format:

Each batter is guaranteed at least two "innings". 3 outs in an inning, with an out either being a struck ball that is NOT a home run or a pitch taken for a strike (yes, we will have an umpire on duty for this!). After two innings, eliminate the worst performer. Ties will not be broken: if multiple people are tied for the last safe spot, then they all advance.

Each subsequent inning, another batter is eliminated, so after the third inning, you're down to 6, and so on, until after the seventh inning, you're down to 2, in theory.

The last two will be given two more innings, so that the batter with the higher nine-inning total will win the championship. Extra innings will be played if necessary. (Note: if 3 or more batters make it to the 8th inning, then it will be cut down to 2 for the 9th inning, if possible.)

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived